Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
    Yeahsureyabetcha!!!

ps. your Scottish accent needs more work, as it's 'hirpling'.
    *sigh* I suppose I'll have to let you come back so you can practise.
    I knew I needed more practice. And come visit Edinburgh again...sounds good to me!

Comment

*to the tune of 'The Yellow Rose of Texas*

She's a Gabiteer from Texas
      Yes, Ambermoon's her name
      She followed me to Scotland
      (It'll never be the same!)
      But now that she's returned home
      On a great big aeroplane
      I realise that I'm not alone
      In being totally insane!

She made me watch some Stargate
      No hardship, you'll agree
      We wanted to see more of Sam
      Whilst recovering from AT3
      Heroes, Moebius, Lost City
      Watch as many as we can
      But it became a drool-fest
      As we thunked over The Man!

We talked about the friends we met
      Some old ones, and some new
      Of course, this includes the G4
      And not forgetting Sue
      Amanda's talks are wonderful
      We both were wanting more
      So I guess we'll do it all again
      Next year at AT4!

Bravo Bev! (((((((((Bev))))))))))) and ((((((((Ambermoon)))))))))

Julia(samcarterrules)
      sigpic
      Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

On a great big aeroplane
        In being totally insane!

Watch as many as we can

And not forgetting Sue
        Next year at AT4!

LOL *and still giggling* Bravo! Bravo! Love the poem!

Oy, we had fun, didn't we, my harpling hussy?

Comment

Originally posted by AmberMoon View Post
          LOL *and still giggling* Bravo! Bravo! Love the poem!

Oy, we had fun, didn't we, my harpling hussy?
          Yeahsureyabetcha!!!

sigpic

Comment

So, back from my wanderings after AT3 and I see there is a lot to catch up on. I'm rather jet-lagged so will try to make sense in my posts.

I got the chance to shake Julia's hand in the autograph line and say thanks for all the hard work but didn't get the chance to do so with Mumsy, Becky and John. So to all the G4 I would like to say again a big thank you for the tremendous time and effort you put into the event. It was my first "con" and I anticipated it would be nice to meet Amanda, some folks from Gateworld and then I could say "been there, done that". I did not anticipate how much fun I would have, what wonderful people I would meet from all over (both from GW and not) and, despite all the great stories I have heard about Amanda, how much more impressive she is in person. I have to say I am seriously considering AT4.

Right from the moment I registered and ran into Antoa and Vikitty in the hall to the ladies at my dinner table during the cocktail party to the folks sitting around me or who I just met somewhere while wandering around, I had a great time. The Q & As were great and went by way too fast. But I have to say the auction was an absolute hoot. Amanda and Thomisina can sure work a room. Amanda was a good sport when I deliberately made her run the entire distance to a competing bidder before making my next bid when she would then run back to me. It was also wonderful to meet the folks at the hearing dogs charity and learn first hand about the great work they do.

Bravo ladies and John.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
              I'm so glad that you all had a wonderful time at AT3!!
              I can't believe that AT4 is already planned for next year...I've got some serious saving to do...I am not missing this one!!!
              Thank you all for sharing your wonderful pictures and stories...Amanda looks stunning with her new dark locks...did she happen to mention what Olivia thought about her darker hair??...given how Olivia felt about her blonde hair!
              Did anyone present a baton to Amanda?? Seriously...I would have done so if I were there...and of course if I were allowed to that is!!
              Gotta go check out the rest of Samanda...2 weeks away from here and you start to go stir crazy!!...but I am tickled pink to be home!!! Yay!!
              Chelle, some encouragement from Amanda for you attending AT4 is on the way or rather it will be once you pm me with your new address (or I can send it c/o your folks if you prefer).

I did ask a question at the beginning of the weekend if she would be giving a baton twirling demonstration and she was willing to do it but, sadly, batons are hard to come by.

Comment

Yeahsureyabetcha!!!

Ack, I knew that *smacks forehead* I guess I have to visit Edinburgh again....what a bummer...not!

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                  Chelle, some encouragement from Amanda for you attending AT4 is on the way or rather it will be once you pm me with your new address (or I can send it c/o your folks if you prefer).

I did ask a question at the beginning of the weekend if she would be giving a baton twirling demonstration and she was willing to do it but, sadly, batons are hard to come by.
                  Ooh...that sounds rather interesting...what have you done??
                  I've PM'd you as per request...I've heard a lot about the goings on at AT3...especially about you...you and Amanda are 2 very unique individuals...both sharing a very common bond...or two...or three...I can't wait to meet you next year...I hope you aren't afraid of hugs!!
                  "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Ooh...that sounds rather interesting...what have you done??
                    I've PM'd you as per request...I've heard a lot about the goings on at AT3...especially about you...you and Amanda are 2 very unique individuals...both sharing a very common bond...or two...or three...I can't wait to meet you next year...I hope you aren't afraid of hugs!!
                    LOL! Even if I was afraid of hugs before I would definitely be over it after AT3! I was hugged so many times at the auction, including by people I hadn't met, Thomisina Gibson (who was extremely nice) and Amanda 3 times. The last time I went to pull away and Amanda wasn't letting go so who was I to argue!

Amanda called me a rockstar which rather threw me. I babbled something incoherent and thought after that I should have said "I'm just the extra backup singer" (d'oh).

But I will tell you who the real rockstars were. The gentleman I spoke to who saved for two years to be able to buy something at the auction, Replicarterje for coming on her own, the French fans who couldn't even speak english and yet came anyway, and many more too numerous to mention.

Comment

LOL! Even if I was afraid of hugs before I would definitely be over it after AT3! I was hugged so many times at the auction, including by people I hadn't met, Thomisina Gibson (who was extremely nice) and Amanda 3 times. The last time I went to pull away and Amanda wasn't letting go so who was I to argue!

Amanda called me a rockstar which rather threw me. I babbled something incoherent and thought after that I should have said "I'm just the extra backup singer" (d'oh).

But I will tell you who the real rockstars were. The gentleman I spoke to who saved for two years to be able to buy something at the auction, Replicarterje for coming on her own, the French fans who couldn't even speak english and yet came anyway, and many more too numerous to mention.
                      You deserved every single hug you got ...I reckon we were all rockstars....250 of us in one room *nods*
                      sigpic
                      Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                      My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
                        You deserved every single hug you got ...I reckon we were all rockstars....250 of us in one room *nods*
                        Thanks for the kind words and the green. You are right, it was one big rock concert!

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
                          Oh dear. I'm just starting to realise how many people I actually missed out on meeting. Between here and livejournal there's a fair few people I just didn't run into.
                          I was disappointed too. There were so many people I wanted to hang out with, but in the end, there are only so many hours in a day. I really enjoyed spending time with the people I did meet, so it's all good. One of my major motivations for going was to meet other Gateworlders, and I'm glad I got to do that.

Thanks to everyone who's posted pics. I've enjoyed them, and they're certainly better than any of the ones I took.
                          sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                          May we all be so well loved.

Comment

On a great big aeroplane
                            In being totally insane!

Watch as many as we can

And not forgetting Sue
                            Next year at AT4!

SS moves her hand
                            To quickly Google Scotland.
                            And is amazed to see it’s still there
                            And in one piece, after the hijinks of that there pair!

But really -‘twas fun to hear
                            ‘bout your pub crawls and beer...
                            GW friends having more post-con fun
                            After our own trips were o’er and done.

So many good times at the event
                            So many ways our time was spent:

Sightseeing London for a bit or two,
                            And a cocktail party – or was that a zoo?
                            Then on sofas we’d slowly wilt
                            To ogle our con-mates as well as the quilt.
                            There was the chocolate we had to rate
                            And much talk ‘bout Sanctuary and Stargate.

We’d buy more tickets, tombola or raffle,
                            Then at the auction, Amanda we’d baffle!
                            Whether in our seat or on our feet,
                            Plenty of new peeps to see and to meet.
                            (Though missing old friends made us blue,
                            Hopefully next time will bring out the whole GW crew.)

But, yes, dear Bev, it really is true
                            All you said about the con ‘n the G4 crew
                            They did such a fabulous job with AT4
                            It really is little wonder we all want more!

Amazing too we di’na hafta beg or whine
                            For them to announce the date of 2000 and 9!
                            Now all we need is the month and the day
                            To set our goal for which to save our pay!

I think I shall place on this date my bet
                            the new November bank holiday
                            that the British PM wants to set
                            Or maybe not.... now what did I say?!

But either way
                            It's great to say
                            We truly wouldn't have
                            AT & the G4 any other way.
                            Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                            My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

You know I have always believed Amanda was a great judge of character...see...she pegged you straight away!!!
                              I'm glad you aren't afraid of hugs...just be warned..I may have to pried off!!
                              3 hugs from Amanda...I'd be happy with just one...just one wee little hug...even a handshake...but wow you got 3!!! And very deservedly no doubt!
                              Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                              I was disappointed too. There were so many people I wanted to hang out with, but in the end, there are only so many hours in a day. I really enjoyed spending time with the people I did meet, so it's all good. One of my major motivations for going was to meet other Gateworlders, and I'm glad I got to do that.
                              Thanks to everyone who's posted pics. I've enjoyed them, and they're certainly better than any of the ones I took.
                              I think I'm going to have start making a list of all the people I want/need to meet next year...I don't want to return home and regret not meeting any one single person...it's just as important to me as meeting Amanda herself!!
                              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I think I'm going to have start making a list of all the people I want/need to meet next year...I don't want to return home and regret not meeting any one single person...it's just as important to me as meeting Amanda herself!!

I agree wholeheartedly. *starts list*
                                Jenni

Comment

Working...
                                X