GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
    The provisional schedule for AT3 is now available. Go to the front page of the Gabit website and follow the link next to the countdown.

Please cross post where you think applicable. Thanks!

Julia
    G4
    *hugs* Thanks for the schedule. Have reduced the size down to one page, printed it and put it with my airline and con e-tickets.

(And is it my imagination or is the cocktail party starting earlier this year?) Will be different being split between 2 floors for talks and pix/autos, but will make it all the more interesting, yes?

And Sky... you've already got me to thinking about their breakfast buffet again! Just to bring it up again - Friday/Saturday/Sunday's breakfast is included in the room rate? (Will have to figure out about Thurs/Monday.... Could bring *coughs hard* chocolate chip cookies... Hey... they'd make it through checked luggage just fine...And what better way to start the day???!)
    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
    My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar View Post
      *hugs* Thanks for the schedule. Have reduced the size down to one page, printed it and put it with my airline and con e-tickets.

(And is it my imagination or is the cocktail party starting earlier this year?) Will be different being split between 2 floors for talks and pix/autos, but will make it all the more interesting, yes?

And Sky... you've already got me to thinking about their breakfast buffet again! Just to bring it up again - Friday/Saturday/Sunday's breakfast is included in the room rate? (Will have to figure out about Thurs/Monday.... Could bring *coughs hard* chocolate chip cookies... Hey... they'd make it through checked luggage just fine...And what better way to start the day???!)
      I'm gonna try to bring some too. I'll be making a bunch of them (and others) for a semster end Bible Study Fun Night. Our version of a cake walk, but for college folks - so no whole cakes needed.

Any extra room can just be used for gifts for the folks back home.

suse
      sigpic
      Mourning Sanctuary.
      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

(Don't look at the time )

If you folk are still doing the Peanut Butter/Blue Jello thing, I found a pound shop (dollar store) that was having a closing down sale and picked up some paper napkins and plastic teaspoons at a ridiculous price. I will be going to Costco before the event, do you want me to pick up some plastic cups for the jello? Not a problem - they come in packs of 100 or 200 (can't remember which). I can use what doesn't get used at home. ( Not sure if that's good grammar - but it's late and well past my beddy-bye time.)

Night Night kids.

Mumsey
        For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
          I'm gonna try to bring some too. I'll be making a bunch of them (and others) for a semster end Bible Study Fun Night. Our version of a cake walk, but for college folks - so no whole cakes needed.

Any extra room can just be used for gifts for the folks back home.

suse
          or you troop down the road to mickey d's
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Con E-tickets? Are we supposed to have those???
            sigpic

Comment

Not your imagination. Yes the cocktail party starts a wee bit earlier this year.

Yes, it's going to be a nice change to be split between the two floors - more varied!

See you guys soon.

Julia
              G4
              To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                Panic not!!! The e-tickets will be going out this week. You have to print them out and bring them to Registration with you to get your goodie bag and badge etc. Copies of the schedule will be given to you at Registration.

Julia
                G4
                To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Awwww, Baggie! I'll miss seeing you and your hubs. But I totally understand your reasons for not being able to make it.

****Big Squishy Hug****
                  *Squishes SS back*
                  C'est la vie .
                  Just make sure you have a wonderful time.
                  ( Which should be very easy with all those edibles and fun & frolics ahead ,lol ! )

*Sends red-clad vr dust bunny for luck*
                  The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

17 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                      Does that say 6 pounds? (I'm getting my eyes checked tomorrow...)
                      It does indeed. You can cancel your appointment

17 days

*is nervous. and excited. and nervous*
                      sigpic

Comment

The provisional schedule for AT3 is now available. Go to the front page of the Gabit website and follow the link next to the countdown.

Please cross post where you think applicable. Thanks!

Julia
                        G4
                        Ooh very nice! Thank you Julia! Seeing the schedule in black and white makes it seem all that much closer.

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                        Panic not!!! The e-tickets will be going out this week. You have to print them out and bring them to Registration with you to get your goodie bag and badge etc. Copies of the schedule will be given to you at Registration.

Julia
                        G4
                        *sighs in relief* I thought I was missing my tickets as well since I registered so late. Thanks again.

On a side note, I went out the other day and bought my adapter and converter for all my electrical dohickeys, a padded case for my lappy so I could stuff it into my backpack and a few other small things. Later this week I'm going to be purchasing my bus tickets to/from the airport too. My, things are getting exciting now.

Sadly, I couldnt find a red top. Red is just not in season (at least where I live) and the ones I did find were just too ghastly or casual for me to think of wearing them for the disco. I did find another that I liked so I suppose I'll just stick out a bit more...hehe. Ah well.

Comment

just put a red ribbon in your hair.

seriously, only half the attendees wear the colors, so you won't stand out
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            just put a red ribbon in your hair.

seriously, only half the attendees wear the colors, so you won't stand out
                            red ribbon in my hair...hehe. I had a mental image of a demure school girl in pigtails when you said this.

I'm fine. I did want to find something red so I could join in on the fun theme, but seriously I've stood out plenty of times before for various reasons and I don't mind whatsoever. Anyway, I know once the liquor starts to flow nobody will be able to tell what color your wearing as everything will begin to be a blur.

Comment

As Julia said, I will be sending out the E tickets this week. It will take me several days, so don't panic if somebody says they have theirs and yours hasn't arrived yet.

I will notify you here when I have sent them all. - Then you can panic if it hasn't arrived!

If you have changed your email address since you registered and haven't told me - do so now. If you did tell me, then I have changed the register. Please don't inundate me with emails until after I have sent them all out.

Kay G4
                              For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

General hint for the disco....

At AT1 the theme was Orange
                                At AT2 the theme was Pink

The colours of the event badge lanyards were... orange then Pink... do you see a trend????

Becks

Comment

Working...
                                X