GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    Well I've got some good news and I've got some bad news.

First the bad news...

It seems the L4 disc in my lower back is beginning to twist ( which is causing a good deal of pain up and down my spinal column ) and while I'm doing everything I can to rectify the situation, it's being quite a persistant little bugger. I've been taking anti-inflammatories, seeing a chiropractor regularly and ice-ing it to the point where I've forgotten what it feels like not to have a frozen backside.

The good news? I couldn't wait any longer for my back to decide if it was going to go out completely, so I bought my plane tickets for Gabit. It's only money right? It's the whole mind over matter thing. If Flippy can walk over hot coals, I can deal with a little pain and anxiety.

*repeats mantra to self*
    My back won't go out and I'll live through the plane flight.

Anyway, please keep your fingers crossed for me. I'll definitely need it over the next few weeks.

Kat
    wow that is more than an ouch. Take care. Hope you have a nice chair on the plane.
    Mind over matter. Think positive I know is difficult when pain abounds. But the best medicine for pain is laughter and I am there will be lots to be had by all.

Comment

I know I am not gonna be in the Gabit con but can I also have a glow stick..... so near....just around the corner really...

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
        Wow! I'm looking forward to wearing one of these. I, of course, shall use mine as a halo

Ahhh... *ahem* ... *wanders off to nurse her bruised ribs*

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
          Wow! I'm looking forward to wearing one of these. I, of course, shall use mine as a halo
          Don't you mean two of them and horns?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rune
            We can stick a few glo-sticks together and make a playpen for you Kliggs, stop you running amok through the hotel foyer, I'm sure the staff will be very grateful
            But then again we could use even fewer glowsticks to lock the doors and keep you out, and I am positive the staff would be even more grateful. *smiles sweetly*
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
              But then again we could use even fewer glowsticks to lock the doors and keep you out, and I am positive the staff would be even more grateful. *smiles sweetly*
              Ohhh touche That sweet smile could burn through porcelain y'know.

Comment

Wow. I had no idea so much went into this event on the fans' end. This thread has certainly exploded into a hub of activity since the last time I visited!

I just have to say that you guys are so awesome. I mean, you're all working to meet each other/hang out, while spending time Amanda Tapping, and that is just so cool.

I know you still have weeks before the trip, but I really wanted to wish you all well! Have fun, take lots of pictures, document EVERYTHING...

Oh, what am I saying? You guys are planning on doing that anyway! I totally feel like I'm missing out on a once-in-a-lifetime event, but I'm so psyched that you guys are going. You're gonna have such a blast!

I've been trying to "Green for GABIT" all of the attendees on the thread, but GW isn't allowing me to rep ANYONE for the next 24 hours... So I'll just have to start again tomorrow!

Take care!

~ spaz

Comment

22 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

With 100 glowsticks I'm sure they'll be one or two spare to light your way home, GateBee

[[ this time in 3 weeks I shall be getting on the coach at Nottingham for my journey to Heathrow ]]
                    LizWhite.net

Comment

*squee* 3 weeks and one day for me, it's coming up so fast now I can hardly believe it

((((Flippy))) good luck for tomorrow too

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                        Wow. I had no idea so much went into this event on the fans' end. This thread has certainly exploded into a hub of activity since the last time I visited!
                        Frantic activity...and by the time the final few days roll round,it'll be frenzied in here !
                        I just have to say that you guys are so awesome. I mean, you're all working to meet each other/hang out, while spending time Amanda Tapping, and that is just so cool.
                        Oh,yes indeed ! *Bounces*
                        I know you still have weeks before the trip, but I really wanted to wish you all well! Have fun, take lots of pictures, document EVERYTHING...
                        ((((((((((Dancer))))))))))))) Thanks for those wishes !
                        Oh, what am I saying? You guys are planning on doing that anyway! I totally feel like I'm missing out on a once-in-a-lifetime event, but I'm so psyched that you guys are going. You're gonna have such a blast!
                        Yeahsureyoubetcha ! We're all planning on reporting back to Gw during and after Gabit...CG is our "Lois Lane",and chief reporter,and some of us are bringing our laptops to share .
                        Despite all our glee though,I wish you could attend too !
                        I've been trying to "Green for GABIT" all of the attendees on the thread, but GW isn't allowing me to rep ANYONE for the next 24 hours... So I'll just have to start again tomorrow!

Take care!

~ spaz
                        "Green For Gabit" ....I like the sound of that tag !
                        I'm going to snaffle that as the title for the updated Roll Calls (if that's Ok with you )...and thus you can continue your Greening of this fair thread as you desire ,once the Jello reload is complete ,lol !
                        (((((((((((((Dancer ))))))))))))) Take care of "you" ,too.
                        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Thanks to the mighty,the lovely,the very nice "dancer of spaz",and my shameless snurching of her slogan ,I bring you a fresh update of the Roll Calls...and the following people are :

Green For Gabit !!

Attending the Convention :

Mal
                          F.H.Bagpuss
                          SeaBee
                          ChopinGal
                          dipsofjazz
                          1speed4Sam
                          Coley
                          ForeverSg1
                          Kliggins
                          Sue_the_Lurker
                          Polosmoothie
                          MajorSamFan
                          Rowan
                          GateGipsy & Baby Gipsy
                          Rune
                          flippy
                          Mousie

Attending the GW Gabiteer Get-together on the Saturday evening.Meet up at 6pm.Ordering/Meal 6.30 pm-8 pm approx at Hotel Bistro.Bar/lounge after meal :
                          Kliggins
                          F.H.Bagpuss
                          dipsofjazz
                          SeaBee
                          gatebee
                          Rowan
                          ForeverSg1
                          Mr.ForeverSg-1
                          Rune
                          Mal (subject to commitments)
                          GateGipsy & Baby Gipsy
                          flippy (drink/chat after meal.)

Attending the Friday evening Cocktail Party :

ChopinGal
                          Rowan
                          Gipsy & Baby Gipsy
                          MAL

If there are any changes that need to be made,then let me and the rest know,GW Gabiteers !

Fuller details regarding the meal arrangements : see my post # 674.
                          NB : I've been too busy in RL to contact the hotel for an idea of the menu item costs,but I'll be onto that asap.

If anyone still wants an orange (Curly type ) wig for usage at the Meet/Disco,then let Mal know ,please, here or via pm .

Thanks to Flippy,for the badge creation,and purchase of orange Glo-sticks !.

Repeated info ,just in case :

Becky Preen posted Paul Brown's announcement ,listing some of the Legends Memorabilia available at Gabit.(See her post #757 )

Also see Becky's post #765 .She'll let us know the local availability of Cashpoint machines (ATM's) after October 10th.

For fuller upgrades,and for the Provisional Gabit Schedule ,check/join the Yahoo Gabit Events List.

I think that's about all at this stage !
                          *Faints*

ETA :*Recovers*
                          Ok less than 22 days to go (+1 day for Rune and the others coming on the Saturday).Time to go ......
                          SQUUUEEEEEE !!!

And Good luck with the Firewalk ,tomorrow,Flippy !
                          Last edited by Bagpuss; 07 October 2005, 04:01 AM.
                          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
                            Thanks to the mighty,the lovely,the very nice "dancer of spaz",and my shameless snurching of her slogan ,I bring you a fresh update of the Roll Calls...and the following people are :

Green For Gabit !!

Attending the Convention :

Mal
                            F.H.Bagpuss
                            SeaBee
                            ChopinGal
                            dipsofjazz
                            1speed4Sam
                            Coley
                            ForeverSg1
                            Kliggins
                            Sue_the_Lurker
                            Polosmoothie
                            MajorSamFan
                            Rowan
                            GateGipsy & Baby Gipsy
                            Rune
                            flippy
                            Mousie

Attending the GW Gabiteer Get-together on the Saturday evening.Meet up at 6pm.Ordering/Meal 6.30 pm-8 pm approx at Hotel Bistro.Bar/lounge after meal :
                            Kliggins
                            F.H.Bagpuss
                            dipsofjazz
                            SeaBee
                            gatebee
                            Rowan
                            ForeverSg1
                            Mr.ForeverSg-1
                            Rune
                            Mal (subject to commitments)
                            GateGipsy & Baby Gipsy
                            flippy (drink/chat after meal.)

Attending the Friday evening Cocktail Party :

ChopinGal
                            Rowan
                            Gipsy & Baby Gipsy
                            MAL

If there are any changes that need to be made,then let me and the rest know,GW Gabiteers !

Fuller details regarding the meal arrangements : see my post # 674.
                            NB : I've been too busy in RL to contact the hotel for an idea of the menu item costs,but I'll be onto that asap.

If anyone still wants an orange (Curly type ) wig for usage at the Meet/Disco,then let Mal know ,please, here or via pm .

Thanks to Flippy,for the badge creation,and purchase of orange Glo-sticks !.

Repeated info ,just in case :

Becky Preen posted Paul Brown's announcement ,listing some of the Legends Memorabilia available at Gabit.(See her post #757 )

Also see Becky's post #765 .She'll let us know the local availability of Cashpoint machines (ATM's) after October 10th.

For fuller upgrades,and for the Provisional Gabit Schedule ,check/join the Yahoo Gabit Events List.

I think that's about all at this stage !
                            *Faints*

ETA :*Recovers*
                            Ok less than 22 days to go (+1 day for Rune and the others coming on the Saturday).Time to go ......
                            SQUUUEEEEEE !!!

And Good luck with the Firewalk ,tomorrow,Flippy !
                            (((((((((baggie)))))))))) You are really getting into the swing of this!!!! I dont think any con thread has been so well managed!

Comment

Take care!

~ spaz
                              Baggie is really going full out on this.

Cons do take a bit of preperation on the fans side. The preperation for the 2 Gatecons I went to (2003/4) started nealy 6-7 months before I flew to Vancouver. Though the prep's for them took place on MSN messanger and emails.

Comment

Originally posted by Rune
                                Ohhh touche That sweet smile could burn through porcelain y'know.
                                Only when directed at the appropriate person. *smiles even more sweetly*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X