GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
    Is that you wearing the top hat and beard??????
    No silly; I am wearing the straw hat with the beard!! Don't you recognize me?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
      Indeed, there is a Stargate keyring, as I have one! *holds keyring up to show all*. Isn't it pretty?
      It is beautiful.
      sigpic

Comment

26 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!

Comment

I really can't keep up with you guys posting
          Well, we're into October now, getting closer Not having much luck with something orange to wear. I did see a burnt orange jumper in Dotty P's that I quite liked but haven't made my mind up yet. Orange is not really a colour that I wear that much...maybe I could just bring an orange with me to the disco? Wear it on a piece of ribbon around my neck or something?
          5 days til my firewalk. Am hoping that I've gotten all my clumsyness out of the way this week as I've managed to rip a toenail off+ bruise my thigh [tripped over the doorstep and hit a cupboard!] and hit my head on the corner of a shelving unit. Lump is settling down nicely now thank goodness.

RE: arrivals. I shall be arriving before 3pm on the Friday as the hotel might let my room go if I dont! When I booked it they didn't accept debit cards [I don't have a credit card] so said to make sure that I checked in before 3! Which reminds me that I haven't booked my coach yet.....
          LizWhite.net

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
            No silly; I am wearing the straw hat with the beard!! Don't you recognize me?
            Ohh duh, we see you now! You're not wearing your trademark monocle in that shot though, that's why we didn't recognise you. Glad you've moved on from the handlebar moustache too, those things are so passe!

*thinks: is this tempting trouble or what?*

Comment

Originally posted by flippy18
              I really can't keep up with you guys posting
              Well, we're into October now, getting closer Not having much luck with something orange to wear. I did see a burnt orange jumper in Dotty P's that I quite liked but haven't made my mind up yet. Orange is not really a colour that I wear that much...maybe I could just bring an orange with me to the disco? Wear it on a piece of ribbon around my neck or something?
              5 days til my firewalk. Am hoping that I've gotten all my clumsyness out of the way this week as I've managed to rip a toenail off+ bruise my thigh [tripped over the doorstep and hit a cupboard!] and hit my head on the corner of a shelving unit. Lump is settling down nicely now thank goodness.

RE: arrivals. I shall be arriving before 3pm on the Friday as the hotel might let my room go if I dont! When I booked it they didn't accept debit cards [I don't have a credit card] so said to make sure that I checked in before 3! Which reminds me that I haven't booked my coach yet.....
              Not worrying about the orange thing yet. Maybe in a couple more weeks. Get booking Flippy.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rune
                Ohh duh, we see you now! You're not wearing your trademark monocle in that shot though, that's why we didn't recognise you. Glad you've moved on from the handlebar moustache too, those things are so passe!

*thinks: is this tempting trouble or what?*
                You know I hate wearing my monocle in pictures!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal
                  Has been there any central site designated for dumping of media following the event? I'm interested in looking at everyone's photos/videos and it would make sense to have a hub for it (or at least a hub for links).
                  No central official site ,aside from the Yahoo site,to the best of my knowledge. The Gabit organisers are the best ones to answer,really.They'll let us know.

(No vidding/audio taping will be allowed during Amanda's panels,btw.See the Gabit site FAQ Etiquette #22 for exact details of when attendees can take pics.)

If any of the Gabit goers plan to put their personal pics of friends /thoughts onto their Blogs or homepage,that'd be similar to the type of apré event coverage there's been at other Conventions...and I'm sure (hope !) they'll give everyone links .

Hope that helps !
                  Last edited by Bagpuss; 03 October 2005, 01:16 PM.
                  The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                    Speaking of "two for the price of one" ...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...Gal/ECFSam.jpg

Wow, we're getting dips and Baggie at GABIT!
                    Not in that kinda way..I hope !

Not having much luck with something orange to wear. I did see a burnt orange jumper in Dotty P's that I quite liked but haven't made my mind up yet. Orange is not really a colour that I wear that much...maybe I could just bring an orange with me to the disco? Wear it on a piece of ribbon around my neck or something?
                    Nice try !
                    Originally posted by flippy
                    *Shudders*
                    The way you're going,that firewalk is looking riskier and riskier !
                    (Which reminds me..I haven't sponsored you, yet .Oops . I'll get onto that asap. )

ETA : Done ! I added a bit extra as a little "thank you" for your work on the badges...and because I'm too chicken to do a firewalk myself,lol !

Originally posted by flippy
                    Fingers crossed that the hotel don't let your room go.Becky said a while back in this thread,that Gabit have a Hotel Liaison contact.E-mail Becky,and see if they can hold your room,in case you're late.
                    Then you can relax a bit !
                    Last edited by Bagpuss; 03 October 2005, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS

ETA : Done ! I added a bit extra as a little "thank you" for your work on the badges...and because I'm too chicken to do a firewalk myself,lol !
                      Thank you so much! You've taken me over the £200 mark so I'm very chuffed. *hugs*

I got an 'event pack' through from Hearing Dogs in the post this morning - which was speedy as they only emailed me yesterday! So I have a lovely Hearing Dogs t-shirt to wear for the hot coal waddle

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
                      Fingers crossed that the hotel don't let your room go.Becky said a while back in this thread,that Gabit have a Hotel Liaison contact.E-mail Becky,and see if they can hold your room,in case you're late.
                      Then you can relax a bit !
                      I should, motorway traffic willing, be there in time, but that sounds like a good plan.

Booked my coach ticket last night so am all sorted now.

I'm going to do the badges next week - just in case there's any mishaps, then I'll have plenty of time to get some more badge parts - so if anyone has any corrections to names or anything, let me know before then

Best get back to work!!
                      LizWhite.net

Comment

25 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I got an 'event pack' through from Hearing Dogs in the post this morning - which was speedy as they only emailed me yesterday! So I have a lovely Hearing Dogs t-shirt to wear for the hot coal waddle
                          Best of luck on the walk Flippy, you're braver than I am for sure

Comment

Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL)
                            25 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!
                            *SQUEE*
                            How soon is too soon to start panicking over something orange to wear?

Comment

Thank you so much! You've taken me over the £200 mark so I'm very chuffed. *hugs*
                              *Hugs back* Not far to go to hit your target ! *hugs Rune too*
                              Wow ,that's fast !
                              I was going to suggest wearing that shirt to the "Themed" disco,but obviously it isn't orange or you'd have thought of that already .
                              I should, motorway traffic willing, be there in time, but that sounds like a good plan.

Booked my coach ticket last night so am all sorted now.

I'm going to do the badges next week - just in case there's any mishaps, then I'll have plenty of time to get some more badge parts - so if anyone has any corrections to names or anything, let me know before then
                              Sounds like you're totally organised for fun and frolics at the Con.Good luck with work,too !
                              Best of luck on the walk Flippy, you're braver than I am for sure
                              Agreed ! I just know that if I tried to do this kind of thing,I'd end up as Kentucky Fried Baggie !

*SQUEE*
                              LOL ! I've been trying to sort out that dratted orange boa...but I can't find one.Therefore,I'm going to do another thorough search of even more shops in my area, until I capture an orange shirt.
                              I don't care what I'll look like in it...so this could be fashion disaster time ahead.

Pack sunglasses if I succeed !

Comment

*SQUEE*
                                i've bought an orange wig today. And i'm going to get bagie one as well. Anyone else want one?

Comment

Working...
                                X