Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
    Um...I think JanSam is using it right now

Shhh....I was trying to get off that miscreant list.

*puts drool bucket back*

Don't stress yet scifithinker ...it will work out.
    sigpic

Comment

58 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
        I am in a complete and utter panic. A month ago, I ordered a copy of my birth certificate from California so I can apply for my passport. I went back online tonight to find out how to contact them. Well, it turns out that they have a six month backlog because budget cuts have decimated their staff. They only answer their phone for four hours a day, and the recording said it would take fifteen minutes or more before anybody can actually pick up the phone to talk to you.

HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO GET MY PASSPORT?

OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG. I don't know if I'm going to start crying hysterically or have a panic attack.
        You have to have a birth certificate in order to get a passport? That's bad! Hope you get it all sorted in time!

Comment

get on the phone with them and stay on the phone until you can get a person. explain the situation and once you have an answer from them, call the passport office (get the number off the ins' web site) and see what else you can do to satisify their demands

who knows, maybe if the california vital stats faxes the birth cert directly to the passport office - and you never have your hands on it - maybe that'll be official enough.

If california isn't helping, try the county or city office of where youwere born. maybe they have records that will suffice

You do have almost two months, so you have time, just not time to procrastinate.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
            I am in a complete and utter panic. A month ago, I ordered a copy of my birth certificate from California so I can apply for my passport. I went back online tonight to find out how to contact them. Well, it turns out that they have a six month backlog because budget cuts have decimated their staff. They only answer their phone for four hours a day, and the recording said it would take fifteen minutes or more before anybody can actually pick up the phone to talk to you.

HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO GET MY PASSPORT?

OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG. I don't know if I'm going to start crying hysterically or have a panic attack.
            Since I'm in another country I can't really offer much in the way of specific help. I do know our Canadian equivalent agencies will expedite both birth certificates and passports if you pay an additional fee. Maybe that would work as others have suggested. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
              *looks at Gabit shopping list*

*Adds vodka*

As a jello shot connoisseur, I can make several recommendations.

Buy 1 oz plastic cups with lids from a restaurant/bulk food store. We have a store here called GFS (Gordon Food Service) that sells to the public. We made 2500 shots for a BBQ/house warming a couple of years ago and these are the perfect serving size. One mouth full.

As far as "recipes" (we found the schapps flavors less overpowering than the clear liquors):
              Blue Jello - Bluesberry Schnapps (total blueberry goodness)
              Grape Jello - Grape Pucker Schnapps
              Green Apple Jello - Apple Pucker Schnapps
              Orange Jello - Peach Schnapps (Fuzzy navel anyone?)
              Pineapple Jello - Coconut Rum (Pina colada)
              Cherry Jello - Vodka or Cherry Pucker Schnapps (if you really want to perk them up make Cherry Bombs with liqour soaked maraschino cherry halves in the cups)
              Raspberry Jello - Raspberry Schnapps (mmmm, little booze soaked raspberries would be good inside)

I hear there is a marguerita flavor jello. Bet that would be great with tequila.

How does everyone make theirs? We cook up the jello with 1 cup water per box, then just before we pour it in the cups we add 1 cup liquor per box. After we fill/cap the cups we plunge them into a sink full of ice and water to quick chill them. Then we load up plastic grocery bags and put the bags in the fridge overnight.
              Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
              William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
              Anon

Comment

WEE!!! I finally have my flight booked! I finally have a hostel booked for my week in London! I can now save for my camera knowing how much my traveling expenses are!

Hehe, i even bought travel sized shampoo and stuff today... um.. ya, so I am a bit excited. I'll try not to already pack my bags

Can't wait to meet all of you!! *squishes forum*
                Hallowed are the ORI!!! And then shoot them!!

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Feli View Post
                  You have to have a birth certificate in order to get a passport? That's bad! Hope you get it all sorted in time!
                  And it has the be the original birth certificate or an official copy with a colored stamp on it. Running a copy off on your printer just won't cut it.

Good luck Scifithinker.
                  sigpic

Comment

So, my travel buddy and I have gotten more details of our trip nailed down. We've got reservations for a hostel for our remaining time in London (located in the Victoria area) and we got our flight to Dublin and a hostel there.

Only a few bits left to put together. One big one being a rental car in Ireland (no, we are not going to have it while staying in Dublin, we are planning on driving to Galway and then Shannon and around and back to Dublin to fly home).

Anyway, does anyone recommend a good and inexpensive car rental in Ireland? I'll need an automatic transmission because I suck and can't drive a manual (though I've wanted to learn for a while).

and OMG less than 2 months!

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
                      So, my travel buddy and I have gotten more details of our trip nailed down. We've got reservations for a hostel for our remaining time in London (located in the Victoria area) and we got our flight to Dublin and a hostel there.

Only a few bits left to put together. One big one being a rental car in Ireland (no, we are not going to have it while staying in Dublin, we are planning on driving to Galway and then Shannon and around and back to Dublin to fly home).

Anyway, does anyone recommend a good and inexpensive car rental in Ireland? I'll need an automatic transmission because I suck and can't drive a manual (though I've wanted to learn for a while).

and OMG less than 2 months!
                      The only advice I can give is... remember which side of the road to dirve on

*Mandy, being her oh so helful self*
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                        The only advice I can give is... remember which side of the road to dirve on

*Mandy, being her oh so helful self*
                        I've actually driven in Ireland before and I did just fine. Though I did find myself driving on the left side when I got back (only on side streets with no traffic).

Comment

57 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

56 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

<<grin>>

I just found a 1 pound bad Freudian slip bag for $1 at Target. They must have cleaned out their back room. I ithnk they are getting really for inventory. It's an assortment of Hershey's. Not great, but not the swill others produce for the holidays. Now all I have to to is keep the bag sealed.

suse
                              Last edited by suse; 07 March 2008, 01:40 PM.
                              sigpic
                              Mourning Sanctuary.
                              Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                                <<grin>>

I just found a 1 pound bad Freudian slip bag for $1 at Target. They must have cleaned out their back room. I ithnk they are getting really for inventory. It's an assortment of Hershey's. Not great, but not the swill others produce for the holidays. Now all I have to to is keep the bag sealed.

suse

Yea, like that's going to happen
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X