GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
    I've never heard this before. My passport only had a few of months left on it when I went to Italy in 1999.

Double check the passport site and the Transport Security (TSA) site. If you don't see it officially posted, there's no reason to worry about it, right?

Or do I have outdated information?
    I don't know if it's official policy or not, but I had six months on my passport before last GABIT, and I was STRONGLY advised to get a new one by our passport office in the county courthouse.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia View Post
      I don't know if it's official policy or not, but I had six months on my passport before last GABIT, and I was STRONGLY advised to get a new one by our passport office in the county courthouse.
      It's really better to be safe than sorry. I'd hate anyone to be denied entry into the UK or detained at customs because their passport is about to expire.

I am also happy to have one with a more recent picture of me Though strange enough, my previous picture was taken during my oh-so-brief blonde period 9 1/2 years ago and I've just gone back to blonde (from various shades of bright red)

Comment

Okay, I can't speak for transatlantic travel, but here's what I was told by the school's travel company when I took the kids to Barcelona (so please note, this information is only valid for EU travel. Double check for all else!):

You do not need six months on your passport for travel within the EU. The reason for the suggestion is in case anything happens whilst you are away. If you should be involved in a serious accident or require medical treatment, your passport needs to be valid until you leave.

When we went to Barcelona, two of our girls had passports that expired two days before we came back *headdesk*. But this didn't matter because it was photo ID to get them back into the country.

I think a lot of the transatlantic problem is to do with visas etc. When we go over to North America, they want six months on our passports so they can catch us and send us home. They want to guarantee that we've got a home to go back to and we're not just trying to get into the States.

The whole six month advice goes back to when I was about six, though. Not a recent thing at all
        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

I drove home on my lunch hour, did not run any red lights, ran up to my PC and thought I'd be able to make the cut. Not. My PC refused to produce a charmed pass. Alas, I won't be making it 3/3 after all.

However, it must speak to Amanda's exuberant fandom that the cocktail party sold out in an hour or two. Those of you who have the cocktail-party passes will have a very special evening. Heck, even Jack got lucky.

So, who from Samanda is going?!
          Last edited by Skydiver; 15 August 2007, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Actually, after I got my ticket I checked back, just out of curiousity, and saw that the charmed pass option was no longer available - this was at 9:06 am PDT - 6 minutes after they went on sale. I don't know if this is an accurate observation, but I think they sold out quicker than an hour

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
              Actually, after I got my ticket I checked back, just out of curiousity, and saw that the charmed pass option was no longer available - this was at 9:06 am PDT - 6 minutes after they went on sale. I don't know if this is an accurate observation, but I think they sold out quicker than an hour
              Wow, maybe this can make the Guinness Book of Records, eh?!

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
                That's really cool!!
                Can I just say that Amanda fans rock!!!
                *waits (un)patiently for May to arrive*

Comment

Originally posted by sofie View Post
                  That's really cool!!
                  Can I just say that Amanda fans rock!!!
                  *waits (un)patiently for May to arrive*
                  Echo's sofie's post:
                  Amanda's fans do rock!!

Charmed passes were gone in 6 minutes? WOW that's fast!!

its going to be a long 10 months I just know it LOL.

Julia(samcarterrules)
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post

I drove home on my lunch hour, did not run any red lights, ran up to my PC and thought I'd be able to make the cut. Not. My PC refused to produce a charmed pass. Alas, I won't be making it 3/3 after all.

However, it must speak to Amanda's exuberant fandom that the cocktail party sold out in an hour or two. Those of you who have the cocktail-party passes will have a very special evening. Heck, even Jack got lucky.

Hello CG! Amy and I are going to the cocktail party. I wasn't sure about going charmed, but Amy really wants to as it's her first time.

I'm sorry you didn't get a cocktail ticket, but I really hope you still got a weekend pass! It wouldn't be the same without our Samandan Mother Hen!
                    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                      Hello CG! Amy and I are going to the cocktail party. I wasn't sure about going charmed, but Amy really wants to as it's her first time.

I'm sorry you didn't get a cocktail ticket, but I really hope you still got a weekend pass! It wouldn't be the same without our Samandan Mother Hen!
                      Looking forward to meeting Amy read a lot about her!! And of course excited about seeing you again

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post

Not to worry, little chick. Those who do not have charmed passes can join me at the Royal Bar
                        and I'll supply some entertainment. We Samandans are party animals."

PS Never thought I'd actually get to use this photo-cap. Many thanks to dear Lys/Dominique who, I hope, will be coming to AT3.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post

I didn't purchase a charmed pass because of the cost. (Personally, I think I'm stark raving nuts to buy a ticket to a con that's this expensive.) I'm not the least bit concerned about entertainment while the cocktail party is going on, however. There will be plenty of cool people around to do something with.

Feel free to join me, CG.
                          sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                          May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
                            Sorry, it didn't make it in as far as I know.

Julia
                            G4
                            Bummer. That was why I bought the book.

At least there's a picture of Amanda in it for Sanctuary!
                            Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                            William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                            Anon

Comment

Maybe one of the wonderful G4 folks can tell us.

Sounds like I made it just under the wire. It was 9 after the hour when I finished the whole process. I must have managed to get the pertinent part completed just in time.
                              Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                              William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                              Anon

Comment

260 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X