• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ccdsah View Post
    Charmed Pass Ticket Checked!
    Ok. Next order of bussiness:
    To anyone who attended previous events:
    How much does the hotel accomodations cost?
    Just surfaced for a few minutes to catch my breath and to watch you all bouncing .
    You will all get an acknowledgement from me with instructions how to book your rooms with prices etc. Have patience kiddies. The email system freaked for a while at around 17.07 and a batch of messages got a bit held up. They're filtering through now. If you have auto-acknowledgements everything's fine. It may take me a day or two to get all the manual acknowledgements out.

I'm off to get a cup of tea and then back to the grindstone.

TTYL

Kay aka Mumsey
    For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
      ... I'm off to get a cup of tea and then back to the grindstone.
      Enjoy it! Grand work
      scarimor

Comment

TTYL

Kay aka Mumsey
        Enjoy your cuppa Mumsey.
        sigpic

Comment

Baileys in that tea?

((((((Mumsey))))))

and
          ((((((G4)))))) for taking on this madness again!

Comment

Originally posted by victoria View Post
            Baileys in that tea?

((((((Mumsey))))))

and
            ((((((G4)))))) for taking on this madness again!
            You posted! *is proud of her big sister*

gabit gabit gabit!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
              Enjoy it! Grand work
              I second this ^ grand indeed! (((((((((G4))))))))))

*still bouncing* HeHe!!

Julia(samcarterrules)
              sigpic
              Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

261 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

Comment

One note while i'm thinking of it....any of you from teh us that are going that don't have a passport, START ON IT NOW

It is literally taking months to get one. And if you don't have one, you don't want your vacation messed up by a lack of passport.

And don't trust those 'we'll get you a passport' site. Only use the site by the us govt. You can get to it through www.usps.gov i believe. Since the us post office is a information gathering place for passports.

Only trust info from that site or the one run by the INS. There are 'businesses' out there that will 'help' you get your passport but who just fleece you in the process
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I just had a passport panic last week. I plan on going to Vancouver for Thanksgiving weekend and my passport expires in April of next year. Apparently they don't like you traveling unless you have at least 6 months left on your passport and in Noember I'll only have 5. *sigh* Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of an expiration date? So really your passport is only good for 9 years and 6 months, not 10 years.

I went to the official site and it said that it is taking 10-12 weeks to get your passport renewed. Not wanting to take any chances, I stopped off on my way home from work (after going home early because I was sick) to get my picture taken. Surprsingly it turned out pretty decent considering how crappy I felt.

I filled out the form online, printed it out, wrote my check and headed to the post office. I sent it certified mail and required a signature on delivery (I didn't want to take any chances). I just checked and it got there yesterday morning, so I hope that 14 weeks is enough time to get it back to me.

At least I'll be all set for my trip in May!

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
                      I just had a passport panic last week. I plan on going to Vancouver for Thanksgiving weekend and my passport expires in April of next year. Apparently they don't like you traveling unless you have at least 6 months left on your passport and in Noember I'll only have 5. *sigh* Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of an expiration date? So really your passport is only good for 9 years and 6 months, not 10 years.

I went to the official site and it said that it is taking 10-12 weeks to get your passport renewed. Not wanting to take any chances, I stopped off on my way home from work (after going home early because I was sick) to get my picture taken. Surprsingly it turned out pretty decent considering how crappy I felt.

I filled out the form online, printed it out, wrote my check and headed to the post office. I sent it certified mail and required a signature on delivery (I didn't want to take any chances). I just checked and it got there yesterday morning, so I hope that 14 weeks is enough time to get it back to me.

I've never heard this before. My passport only had a few of months left on it when I went to Italy in 1999.

Double check the passport site and the Transport Security (TSA) site. If you don't see it officially posted, there's no reason to worry about it, right?

Or do I have outdated information?
                      sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                      May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post

Yes I've heard of that. i've only ever been to North America when on holidays abroad. Everytime i've been asked to make sure I have 6 months left on my passport. As it happens I renewed mine in 2004.

The oddest thing I ever have to fill in is the entry form to the US! You have a load of questions that include have you been convicted of a offence and do you suffer from a mental illness. "If you answer yes to any of these you need to check with your countries US embassy before you travel."
                        You are given the form half way through your flight over the Atlantic ocean!!!

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                          I've never heard this before. My passport only had a few of months left on it when I went to Italy in 1999.

Double check the passport site and the Transport Security (TSA) site. If you don't see it officially posted, there's no reason to worry about it, right?

Or do I have outdated information?
                          I am pretty sure the 6 months thing is new because apparently terrorists travel on passports that expire in less than 6 months... or something. Whatever.

Comment

The 6 month rule has been in operation for travel to Canada for many years. At least before our first trip in 2001. (We were there for 9/11 )

Kay aka Mumsey
                            (Escaped for a few moments from under a stack of paper. Snowed under but soon to start sending out acknowledgements )
                            For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Got my 2008 Guinness World Records. I find the Sanctuary record listed, but not the Smarties eating. Anyone know if it didn't make it in? Anyone else get the book and find it?
                              Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                              William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                              Anon

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                                Got my 2008 Guinness World Records. I find the Sanctuary record listed, but not the Smarties eating. Anyone know if it didn't make it in? Anyone else get the book and find it?

Sorry, it didn't make it in as far as I know.

Julia
                                G4
                                To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X