Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
    Good to know that !

Not too long now,gatebee. Keep those positive,excited thoughts coming .
    It's going to be lovely,and yet a little nerve-wracking ,imo,until we all relax and fit the names to the faces ,lol !

Excellent suggestion,gatebee. My own mobile is a pay-as-you-go type,so I have no objection to any of the Gabiteers knowing the number.I'll just need to remember to top-up the credit and take my recharger unit,lol.
    My Husband has offered to pay on his card ,then we all pay him back .That ok with everyone ?
    maybe we could also send pics of ourselves on PM or does everyone liked to be surprised

oops I forgot my mobile phone will be US base ... better not call me. Maybe will ask daughter to get me a pay-as-you-go phone.

you have such a wonderful hubby

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz

I'm nervous too. I'll have a rolled up newspaper under my left arm, and a flower in my lapel....just in case nobody recognizes me!
      guys is this a formal affair. Hope it is casual. I am not much for the fancy dress competition.

Comment

Originally posted by flippy18
        I used to post on Gateworld many moons ago back when it was on Delphi so after lurking here for a while I thought I'd come and say 'Hello!'

Should be buying my Gabit ticket tomorrow evening, just as my pay cheque goes into the bank! Looking forward it
        Hello! I think i remember you..... hope you get a ticket!

Comment

Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL)
          39 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!to be exact GATEBEE

Cons are fantasic but a little nerve racking for 'virgins'. You are lucky in that you've got people to meet. My first con i only had my Dad. LOL!
          funny to think me a "virgin" mwahahahah

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
            maybe we could also send pics of ourselves on PM or does everyone liked to be surprised
            Not a bad idea. I need to get some pics done though, as mine are years out of date.I know we can post our pics on the Yahoo Gabit Events list,if we wish too.
            oops I forgot my mobile phone will be US base ... better not call me. Maybe will ask daughter to get me a pay-as-you-go phone.
            I think if she shops around,they aren't too expensive for a basic model..but I'm really no expert on the things.
            you have such a wonderful hubby
            He's lovely really.
            (Most of the time..would be boring if he was too perfect. )

guys is this a formal affair. Hope it is casual. I am not much for the fancy dress competition.
            No fancy dress..just wear comfortable stuff you feel good in.
            The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I think if she shops around,they aren't too expensive for a basic model..but I'm really no expert on the things.

well got the mobile phone solved. Daughter will lend me hers. So when time comes , I can give you her number.

Me getting very excited now. Hoping it won't be a very cold night. Being from Florida, I know I will freeze either way.

Comment

Three cheers for your daughter !
                End of October our weather is rather changeable,so I'd pack some warmer stuff like cardigans or sweaters,to be sure of not getting a chill.A reasonably shower-proof coat might be good too.We get rain.Often !

(I've only got to come from Essex,but I'm packing a couple of fleece jackets.So much for my Scots upbringing...my Mother always said I was a softie ! )

If we're excited now...just wait till we get to see Amanda !
                The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I am well aware of english weather. Lived there between 1985-90. I will be bringing my winter coat because I am sure that I will need it. I am typically a tropical person having been born in the Philippines.

Comment

Just thought I'd pop my head in here again and say hi. Thanks for the count down reminding us how close it now is! LOL! And it's lovely reading your posts and seeing the plans you're making for meeting up and having a ball at the Event. And do know that we 4 Gabit Directors are working day and night (and yes it's approaching midnight yet again! <g>) to get everything *perfect* for you all, so you have a wonderful time. See you all *very soon. Julia, Gabit.
                    To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy
                      *gasp* you don't know what a Clanger is? You poor deprived creature!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/classic/clangers/
                      Yes, I did have a deprived childhood. Thanks for the link Gipsy. I now know what a clanger is.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by flippy18
                        I used to post on Gateworld many moons ago back when it was on Delphi so after lurking here for a while I thought I'd come and say 'Hello!'

Should be buying my Gabit ticket tomorrow evening, just as my pay cheque goes into the bank! Looking forward it

Hi Flippy18! *waves* Great to have another join the party.
                        sigpic

Comment

I haven't got a bullhorn...how about a loud party hooter ?
                          (I'd bring my police whistle,but that'd be disastrous,lol !)
                          A loud party hooter? I don't know if that will work or not.

Originally posted by FHB
                          *Cries with hysterical laughter*
                          (Great ,now I have hiccups !)
                          Sorry.

Originally posted by FHB
                          Ya think ? More likely,we'd get stuck onto dishwashing detail or confined to our rooms in nice little white jackets .(Not the tuxedo style,if you catch my meaning ! )
                          Maybe you, but I will be a tourist. They will just send me packing.

Originally posted by FHB
                          Don't fret Kliggs....just click on the link,and go know !
                          I am now clued in to the clangers.

Originally posted by Mal
                          You might have got spooned by MC for that I got away wth it. I was going to look up up a webpage for you, but Gipsy has already done it
                          Thanks Mal. I am clued in now. Possibly Major Clanger could skip the spooning just this once.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                            I'm nervous too. I'll have a rolled up newspaper under my left arm, and a flower in my lapel....just in case nobody recognizes me!
                            Thanks for the tip; I will know who to avoid now.
                            sigpic

Comment

No pictures from me as I break cameras; you will have to be surprised. Just look for the average-looking short American.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR
                                Just thought I'd pop my head in here again and say hi. Thanks for the count down reminding us how close it now is! LOL! And it's lovely reading your posts and seeing the plans you're making for meeting up and having a ball at the Event. And do know that we 4 Gabit Directors are working day and night (and yes it's approaching midnight yet again! <g>) to get everything *perfect* for you all, so you have a wonderful time. See you all *very soon. Julia, Gabit.
                                Thanks Julia for popping in to visit and working so hard to make sure everybody has a fantastic time.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X