GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
    Sorry to hear that,Mal.Life's like that. I hope you'll get a chance to meet up with Rj soon.

Yes,"someone" can.....!

Updated Roll Calls :

Attending the Convention :

Mal
    F.H.Bagpuss
    SeaBee
    ChopinGal
    dipsofjazz
    1speed4Sam
    Coley
    ForeverSg1
    Kliggins
    Sue_the_Lurker
    Polosmoothie
    MajorSamFan
    Rowan
    GateGipsy & Baby Gipsy
    Rune

Attending the GW Gabiteer Get-together on the Saturday evening.Hotel Bistro/bar :
    Kliggins
    F.H.Bagpuss
    dipsofjazz
    SeaBee
    gatebee
    Rowan
    ForeverSg1
    Mr.ForeverSg-1
    Rune
    Mal (subject to commitments)
    GateGipsy
    ChopinGal

And then there were 12.

50 days to go.As we began counting down at 100 days,this must be done ...

*sings *

*Halfway to Paradise..."

"Practical" is my middle name...along with several others !

Kliggins,thanks for upgrading your list. Also thanks for the piccy of Rune's Cat Shoes....very nice. (and I'm not being sarky !).
    Hi there. Just learnt today that GW Gabiteer....are meeting.. ..Saturday , Oct 29 ( ? ) time...where exactly is Hotel Bistro Bar....

Comment

Hi gatebee ! Venue : Oct 29th at The Renaissance Hotel ,which is hosting Gabit.Time 6.30 pm approx (Basically asap after the Saturday afternoon Con Panels /Auction.)
      After the meal,drinks at the Hotel bar & lounge.

Reposting the page with a map of the Hotel area :
      http://www.londontoolkit.com/lhr/renaissance_lhr.htm

I was planning to provisionally book the Bistro yesterday,but managed to get myself hurt in an accident,thus I'll be doing it later today instead.

Ok : Today's Countdown :

Now only 46 days to go to Gabit.
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I was planning to provisionally book the Bistro yesterday,but managed to get myself hurt in an accident,thus I'll be doing it later today instead.
        Hope it is nothing serious. (((Baggie)))
        sigpic

Comment

Hi gatebee ! Venue : Oct 29th at The Renaissance Hotel ,which is hosting Gabit.Time 6.30 pm approx (Basically asap after the Saturday afternoon Con Panels /Auction.)
          After the meal,drinks at the Hotel bar & lounge.

Reposting the page with a map of the Hotel area :
          http://www.londontoolkit.com/lhr/renaissance_lhr.htm

Ok : Today's Countdown :

Now only 46 days to go to Gabit.
          You okay F.H.B......look after yourself first.

So is there a cover charge since you will be booking the Bistro rm? To attend this do I have to be a hotel guest?

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
            Hope it is nothing serious. (((Baggie)))
            Originally posted by gatebee
            You okay F.H.B......look after yourself first.
            ((((((((Both)))))))) I'll be fine in a few more days..serves me right for tripping and going splat !
            (I think I have bruises on my bruises.Moral : Never argue with uneven kerbs. )

So is there a cover charge since you will be booking the Bistro rm? To attend this do I have to be a hotel guest?
            Nothing extra to pay for you,or any other non-hotel residents.

No deposit to pay.All I had to do was give our phone number and mine and Hubby's names. They seemed very relaxed and happy to take the provisional booking.All we have to do is keep them posted if there are any changes.
            Likewise,they'll contact me or Hubby if there are any probs and I'll let you all know asap,on this thread ,or by pm,if that happens.

So :Table for approx 12,(non-smoking) Saturday 29th Oct 6.30-8pm is booked.

(They apparently have a party of 200 for 8pm,so I assume we'll need to do our chatting at the bar/lounge area !)

ETA : D'oh ! Forgot to say that they do a wide range of foods,so hopefully there'll be no problems with ordering from their menu.

Also forgot this : if any of you lovely people have any food intolerances, or allergies,let me know and I'll ring the Hotel Restaurant.
            Last edited by Bagpuss; 13 September 2005, 01:45 PM.

Comment

((((((((Both)))))))) I'll be fine in a few more days..serves me right for tripping and going splat !

Nothing extra to pay for you,or any other non-hotel residents.

No deposit to pay.All I had to do was give our phone number and mine and Hubby's names. They seemed very relaxed and happy to take the provisional booking.All we have to do is keep them posted if there are any changes.
              Likewise,they'll contact me or Hubby if there are any probs and I'll let you all know asap,on this thread ,or by pm,if that happens.

(They apparently have a party of 200 for 8pm,so I assume we'll need to do our chatting at the bar/lounge area !)

ETA : D'oh ! Forgot to say that they do a wide range of foods,so hopefully there'll be no problems with ordering from their menu.

Also forgot this : if any of you lovely people have any food intolerances, or allergies,let me know and I'll ring the Hotel Restaurant.
              that sound very cool. I am now excited. Thank you for all the hard work you put it. Glad to hear that you are ok.

Comment

Woohoo Baggie! Fantastic news.

Bad curb!! *shakes finger at curb that tripped baggie*
                sigpic

Comment

Hi Folks,
                  Today is your last day for pre-ordering T Shirts, polos and fitted T's.

At the end of today I will take the ordering system off line and it will no longer be accessible, so get your orders in now!!!!

All information is on the front page of the site: www.gabitevents.co.uk

Please remember this is your only opportunity to get Polo shirts or fitted T's. There will NOT be any extras/ spares available at the event.

Many thanks

Becks

Comment

((((Baggie))) hope you're feeling less mangled today and thank you for sorting all this out *excited bouncing*

Comment

Updated Roll Calls as of 14th September :

Attending the Convention :

Mal
                      F.H.Bagpuss
                      SeaBee
                      ChopinGal
                      dipsofjazz
                      1speed4Sam
                      Coley
                      ForeverSg1
                      Kliggins
                      Sue_the_Lurker
                      Polosmoothie
                      MajorSamFan
                      Rowan
                      GateGipsy & Baby Gipsy
                      Rune

Attending the GW Gabiteer Get-together on the Saturday evening.6.30 pm-8 pm approx Hotel Bistro.Bar/lounge after meal:
                      Kliggins
                      F.H.Bagpuss
                      dipsofjazz
                      SeaBee
                      gatebee
                      Rowan
                      ForeverSg1
                      Mr.ForeverSg-1
                      Rune
                      Mal (subject to commitments)
                      GateGipsy
                      ChopinGal

Attending the Friday evening Cocktail Party :

ChopinGal
                      Rowan
                      Gipsy
                      MAL

Now only 45 days to go !

Comment

that sound very cool. I am now excited. Thank you for all the hard work you put it. Glad to hear that you are ok.
                        ((((gatebee))))) If you need any help,just ask ,ok ?

Permission to squee,folks ? I'm getting rather excited myself,lol !

Squeeeeeeee !!

Originally posted by Kliggins
                        Woohoo Baggie! Fantastic news.

Bad curb!! *shakes finger at curb that tripped baggie*
                        Originally posted by Rune
                        ((((Baggie))) hope you're feeling less mangled today and thank you for sorting all this out *excited bouncing*
                        ((((((((((((All)))))))))))))))
                        The curb didn't suffer any damage,and the pavement and wall didn't either,but I'm so very glad I didn't do my giant pratfall in the final days before Gabit.

My tally of injuries :
                        1 sprained ankle
                        several bruised ribs
                        two cut and badly swollen knees
                        1 sprained wrist
                        1 sprained shoulder
                        1 irreparably damaged ego...I hate going *thud* in public,lol !

On the bright side, at least I didn't smash my face into the pavement and wall,and I haven't broken any bones.Also Hubby treated me to a box of my favourite chocs and a lot of TLC !

(The kids have scoffed half of the choccies ,but still....they deserved a reward for helping me out with the housework !)

*Cough * Back to topic..thanks for letting us know the deadline for ordering the shirts,Becky .

Comment

((((((((((((All)))))))))))))))
                          The curb didn't suffer any damage,and the pavement and wall didn't either,but I'm so very glad I didn't do my giant pratfall in the final days before Gabit.

My tally of injuries :
                          1 sprained ankle
                          several bruised ribs
                          two cut and badly swollen knees
                          1 sprained wrist
                          1 sprained shoulder
                          1 irreparably damaged ego...I hate going *thud* in public,lol !

On the bright side, at least I didn't smash my face into the pavement and wall,and I haven't broken any bones.Also Hubby treated me to a box of my favourite chocs and a lot of TLC !

(The kids have scoffed half of the choccies ,but still....they deserved a reward for helping me out with the housework !)

*Cough * Back to topic..thanks for letting us know the deadline for ordering the shirts,Becky .
                          Oh poor you! (((((((hugs)))))))) Anyway just got back from visiting Gipsy and baby Gipsy. LOL That baby is SO cute!!

Anyway i'll take over cuntdown duties in the morning.

(((((((((((((all))))))))))))

Comment

Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL)
                            Oh poor you! (((((((hugs)))))))) Anyway just got back from visiting Gipsy and baby Gipsy. LOL That baby is SO cute!!
                            (((((((((MAL)))))))) Glad you had a fun time in Llyndan. I love babies.They do "cute" so well.
                            *Has brief broody moment*
                            *remembers all the sleepless nights*
                            [/broody moment]

Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL)
                            Anyway i'll take over countdown duties in the morning.
                            No problem.Welcome back !
                            ( Don't forget to contact Becky asap,if you haven't already, re the C.T. Party.)

Comment

(((((((((MAL)))))))) Glad you had a fun time in Llyndan. I love babies.They do "cute" so well.
                              *Has brief broody moment*
                              *remembers all the sleepless nights*
                              [/broody moment] .)
                              This one is a expert at CUTE! I think he'll have everyone heading his way at the con!! broody.... yeah. also can see the sleepless night issue.

No problem.Welcome back !
                              ( Don't forget to contact Becky asap,if you haven't already, re the C.T. Party.)
                              Thanks for the reminder. I'll get onto it in a minute.

Comment

I've just emailed Becky. I've asked to be put on a table as lose to the GW table as is possible.
                                Last edited by SEREN LWCH (MAL); 14 September 2005, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X