318 days indeed.
            ****waves*****

Always nice to see someone else playing here

Comment

317 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL) View Post
                317 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!
                Pokes head in thread WHAT ONLY 317 days to go - better get looking for a new suitcase - mine will not stand up to another trip across the ocean. - runs out to go shopping
                My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

I did that a few weeks ago. There's no way my two decades old parachute-fabric duffel would make it to London and back.

Now I'm trying to decide what else I need to buy before I go...
                  sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                  May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                    I did that a few weeks ago. There's no way my two decades old parachute-fabric duffel would make it to London and back.

I'm fine for cases etc.

Comment

316 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
                        Pokes head in thread WHAT ONLY 317 days to go - better get looking for a new suitcase - mine will not stand up to another trip across the ocean. - runs out to go shopping

I'd bought a big suitcase and smaller one back in early '02, and after 3 trips ('course they were long haul flights with one transfer each way - 6 times for the luggage to be whumped quite a bit!) the big one decided to die inbound at the Vancouver airport. Thank goodness for the belt I'd put around it. Another congoer I met in the customs line said "What? What's the matter?" when she saw me looking at the suitcase with my eyes open too-wide. All I could do was point to the zipper as I dropped down onto my knees to make sure I hadn't lost anything and I'm still amazed nothing fell out. (Makes me wonder when the zipper burst too!) Bought a new big one inexpensively the downtown Vancouver Sears (huge selection of luggage there!) and then zipper pull mechanism died on the smaller one, so I've thrown that into the get-what-I-can-at-a-yardsale pile.

But I realize I get what I pay for too, so I've been eyeballing luggage sets in the advertisements since March, but can't decide on a set. Don't need all the whistles and bells or those 7 piece deals. Just a nice set with sturdy zippers: a nice big one, nice medium one and a small one for carry-on.

316 Days?

LOL! Well, I don't mind that there's at least a year 'til the con (although I really hate the idea of having to wait a whole year to see the friends I've made!). Makes the idea of losing a few more pounds (of weight, not money!) before this con seem much more doable...
                        Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                        My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar View Post
                          But I realize I get what I pay for too, so I've been eyeballing luggage sets in the advertisements since March, but can't decide on a set. Don't need all the whistles and bells or those 7 piece deals. Just a nice set with sturdy zippers: a nice big one, nice medium one and a small one for carry-on.

316 Days?

LOL! Well, I don't mind that there's at least a year 'til the con (although I really hate the idea of having to wait a whole year to see the friends I've made!). Makes the idea of losing a few more pounds (of weight, not money!) before this con seem much more doable...
                          I went with Samsonite because of the "you get what you pay for" logic. Then again, my choices were limited (I need hard-side cases because one of my cats loves to shred fabric suitcases), and the less expensive options were obviously of inferior quality. So much angst over a stupid suitcase!

It's nice to know I'm not the only one wanting to lose weight before the con. I mean, I gotta look good for you guys. I've started a walking routine, but I'm really doing it because I know I'll be traipsing around London after the con, and I want to be in good shape to be able to go to all the places I want to go. There's so much to seeand do, and while I know I won't be able to fit it all in, I'm certainly going to give it my best shot.
                          sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                          May we all be so well loved.

Comment

I went with Samsonite because of the "you get what you pay for" logic. Then again, my choices were limited (I need hard-side cases because one of my cats loves to shred fabric suitcases), and the less expensive options were obviously of inferior quality. So much angst over a stupid suitcase!

It's nice to know I'm not the only one wanting to lose weight before the con. I mean, I gotta look good for you guys. I've started a walking routine, but I'm really doing it because I know I'll be traipsing around London after the con, and I want to be in good shape to be able to go to all the places I want to go. There's so much to seeand do, and while I know I won't be able to fit it all in, I'm certainly going to give it my best shot.
                            This may sound crazy, but I think we should start a support club for all of us that want to drop some weight before AT3.

I've found that if I have a place to vent my frustrations, I'll move past them sooner. (as SS witnessed in her LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
                              This may sound crazy, but I think we should start a support club for all of us that want to drop some weight before AT3.

I've found that if I have a place to vent my frustrations, I'll move past them sooner. (as SS witnessed in her LJ)
                              Good idea! We could run the support club through here, it wont be off topic because its for AT3

Comment

*turns on light* *tidies up, dusts and changes light bulb before Mal arrives to do countdown* *turns off light*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X