Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
    **strokes Julia gently**

I'm sure it will be fine. You've survived Tracy Tossing, Amanda's faux car accident and morris dancing.... you can survive anything these amateurs throw at you!
    OY! Being as we were entirely responsible for two of those, plus others that haven't been mentioned, I wouldn't describe us as amateurs as far as winding up Julia is concerned LOL.

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
    Yeah well they've got twelve months to plan, and believe me I can't open my mouth and make an "innocent" comment without a glint appearing in one of their eyes!!!!

Julia
    G4
    Oh yes, you always drop yourself in it, hehe. Me and the other three (now, we have a new recruit, taking up to FOUR of us) musketeers are already cooking things up- and I'm sure we'll get aditional ammo at expo and gatecon *humungous grin*

I'll just head off and chuckle away to meself, LOL!

AT4- coming in 2009

'Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.' - General MacArthur

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
      Well if I don't do a long hike for dinner and get there earlier. Pour a few more drinks in me and you might be able to get me on the floor next time.
      Hmmm... checks camera for batteries and memory card to capture evidence pictures of tsax sliding across the dance floor....

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
      Oh please, it was ONLY 1/4 kilometer according to the paperwork the G4 gave us! You all make it sound like you had to walk for miles to get to the restaurant! Ok, maybe we did. Muhahahaha

But it was good food. Expensive, but good and we had lots of fun right? Right?

I have to admit the pub was more fun.

So who's up for another shindig at the pub this year? I'll make sure I make reservations early this time around.
      We did have fun. ("are we there yet? are we there yet?") I got to sit next to minigeek and got to stare at that HUUUUUUGE bowl of whatever the heck it was I ordered (shrimp fried rice?) and tried to share it with everyone else, but for some odd reason noone wanted any. Think maybe it was 'cause they were looking at their own huge plates too?!

*raises hand for pub* Count me in. Especially if we get to try foods with the names of male appendages........ As I recall didn't AmberMoon really enjoy that spotted something-something? Although the fish-n-chips were huge. (The fish was almost the size of a rack of ribs I learned, so the final pub night I got tsax to share it with me! )

Some links I have bookmarked in my London folder if anyone's interested:

Heathrow Express (I took this from Heathrow to Paddington Station where it ends and then a cab down past Notting Hill to Rosary Gardens where I had an inexpensive flat for a couple days before heading out to the con.) The train was quick and nice and had plenty of area for luggage.

The London Pass – Is great if you plan to go to a lot of places and play in the city for a few days. You pay one rate for entrance to a ton of places, no line waiting (usually) and you can get up to a 6-day travel card (good on the Tube and buses) to go along with it (which is what I did. I ended up not doing the buses at all - hopped the Tube and rode it where I needed to go, even out to Kew Gardens. Once down in the deeper stations (Moorgate?) I did end up getting on the wrong line - the pink line heading east toward Upminster, but when I realized the stations they were stopping at were in the wrong direction I hopped off and caught the green line and headed back to the Gloucester Road 'home' station. (Which had a very interesting mural on the wall.) Tube maps and the like, if anyone's interested - also in languages other than English.

London Weather, because we need to know which clothes to pack!

And another great link for free activities.
      Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
      My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Oh please, it was ONLY 1/4 kilometer according to the paperwork the G4 gave us! You all make it sound like you had to walk for miles to get to the restaurant! Ok, maybe we did. Muhahahaha

But it was good food. Expensive, but good and we had lots of fun right? Right?

I have to admit the pub was more fun.

So who's up for another shindig at the pub this year? I'll make sure I make reservations early this time around.
        You can certainly count me in for a night at the pub. That was a lot of fun and the food was great!

I'd even consider the walk to the restaurant again.
        In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
        so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
        Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
        Hic Comitas Regit
        Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
        Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Originally posted by LadyJeep View Post
          You can certainly count me in for a night at the pub. That was a lot of fun and the food was great!

I'd even consider the walk to the restaurant again.
          Well now taht we know where the restaurant is we can just wait for a bus next time

Comment

Without a bad back/leg/everything, it's not too much of a walk, I guess. But definitely a job for the bus.
            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

353 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

Comment

PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB!PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB!
                scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
                  PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB!PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB!
                  Did someone say PUB?
                  Well if there's room for a little one and a wheelchair HeHe!Count me in
                  and Julia I'll protect you from the musketeers *hides Julia behind my wheelchair*
                  Julia(samcarterrules)
                  Last edited by samcarterrules; 15 May 2007, 08:07 AM. Reason: forgot something
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
                    LOL - Yes I did enjoy having a few drinks at the disco and talking with Tracy. So shall me do that again in 2008?
                    Karaoke baby!!! Weee!
                    Drunken Karaoke?

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                      Karaoke baby!!! Weee!
                      Drunken Karaoke?

I will make sure there is evidence of that

**huggles her photocamera**

Comment

Karaoke baby!!! Weee!
                        Drunken Karaoke?

I would have to be VERY drunk to do karaoke. But I'm definitely up for the pub experience again.

My LJ

Comment

If we're talking about the place we went on Sunday night, that was lovely. I'm definitely up for that again!

As for karaoke, it's one of my passions. Nothing better than a Thursday night debate followed by good old karaoke!
                          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
                            I think maybe - now I could be wrong - but I guess sacri wants to go to the Pub. Me too.

PUB!

Karaoke baby!!! Weee!
                            Drunken Karaoke?

Now you have "The Love Boat" theme running through my head.
                            My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

I am totally in for the pub. I think I ordered a chicken ceasar salad last time and they brought over this ... this... monster of a trough, it was like seriously five feet high practically!!! Biggest bowl of salad for a single serving I've ever seen in my life! But it *was* yummy!

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

I am totally in for the pub. I think I ordered a chicken ceasar salad last time and they brought over this ... this... monster of a trough, it was like seriously five feet high practically!!! Biggest bowl of salad for a single serving I've ever seen in my life! But it *was* yummy!
                                Oh yeah! My husband and I learned the first trip we took to AT1 to find something we both like on the menu and share a meal at that pub because there is NO WAY we could finish a meal on our own. LOL

The chicken ceasar is very yummy as is the rack of lamb ( and that's coming from someone who isn't a big lover of lamb). Actually, I don't think we've ever had anything on their menu that we didn't like.

Comment

Working...
                                X