GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
    Oh yeah I am so going to get lost in London for sure Cause no way I am going with plane...not ready for that yet So I will be coming with the eurostar so I will need to take the tube...and lets face if there will be a lot of changes going on. I will for sure be lost lol...
    Eve you most definitely will not get lost. It's simple, take the Eurostar to Waterloo, find the underground and change to the Northern line, change again at Leceister Square and ride the Picadilly line all the way to Heathrow. Find your way out of one of the three terminals (don't get off at four) and look for all those buses everyone's been talking about. Oh wait, here ya go I got you a map -

Anyone who feels that they might become disoriented or lost, please let me know and I will be more than happy to offer my services. Ditto if you need a city tour guide. I won't ask for tips, but I accept tackle hugs
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
      LOL, better be careful there, folks may end up sitting in that building all alone (well, all 200 that is to say) and Amanda's the one who'll be off with Kallesta!

I guess we could win the guiness book record for that also, the most people ever gathered together in the same venue to attend a question&answer session with a celebrity who's off babysitting one of the attendee's children! (I'll bet THAT'S never been done before, has it?)

(Can hubby not take Kallesta to Germany with him? What? You'd have her with you in London, I fail to see the difference... except of course then he'd have the baby and mom would be missing her... a lot.... )
      Laugh, except hubby doesn't want to deal with babysitting while he's on vacation, therefore he has no issue leaving her with a sitter. I'm the big wuss who ends up whining that she misses her.

Hmm, maybe I could talk my sister into using a week of her timeshare in London and then I could leave Kallesta with her for a few days during the con and we can play in London for a few days after the con as well. Hmmmmmm. Yep, definitely something to check out.

Comment

Originally posted by sofie View Post
        your daughter looks like a total sweetheart, I would have loved to babysit if Amanda wasn't in the same building I love the videoclip where she dances to the stargate theme
        Awww Sofie that was so sweet.

Comment

I of course paid to for the bus lol I think I had to ask like 10 times before I sat on the right bus. I was extremely happy to finaly arrive at the hotel and seeing everyone. Next year I'm gonna step on the right bus (at least try) lol.
          *wonders who she'll be sitting with this year at the coctailparty* I can't believe it's still a year and everyone is already so excited . When I start talking 'bout At3 here at home, everyone looks at me funny, and they go like "sweety it's still a year!!"
          You should see my family their faces...I don't think strange is the right word... Well do you remember Amanda her look when she tells about the Tok'ra tunnels and how surprised she was...That look, only 10 times worse...
          they honestly can't believe, I will spend my holidays on that...but then again they don't get SG or Amanda...or how much she means to me

That is the look I mean

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
          LOL, better be careful there, folks may end up sitting in that building all alone (well, all 200 that is to say) and Amanda's the one who'll be off with Kallesta!

I guess we could win the guiness book record for that also, the most people ever gathered together in the same venue to attend a question&answer session with a celebrity who's off babysitting one of the attendee's children! (I'll bet THAT'S never been done before, has it?)

(Can hubby not take Kallesta to Germany with him? What? You'd have her with you in London, I fail to see the difference... except of course then he'd have the baby and mom would be missing her... a lot.... )
          Well maybe all of us can babysit together...200 people babysitting...must also be a record...or everyone should come up with an original game to play with Kallesta just a thought eh

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
          Eve you most definitely will not get lost. It's simple, take the Eurostar to Waterloo, find the underground and change to the Northern line, change again at Leceister Square and ride the Picadilly line all the way to Heathrow. Find your way out of one of the three terminals (don't get off at four) and look for all those buses everyone's been talking about. Oh wait, here ya go I got you a map -

Anyone who feels that they might become disoriented or lost, please let me know and I will be more than happy to offer my services. Ditto if you need a city tour guide. I won't ask for tips, but I accept tackle hugs
          Yep this makes it so much easier And I knew I would get off in Waterloo...I just have to get to the Hotel...is that actually do-able by foot?? Cause I am not sure the tube is a good thing for me

And MegYn...do you have that Wacko plate ready to pick me up at Waterloo??? and guide me to the Hotel Cause it will be needed after seeing that map

Comment

I can't believe it's still a year and everyone is already so excited . When I start talking 'bout At3 here at home, everyone looks at me funny, and they go like "sweety it's still a year!!"
            I told my boss multiple times that a year from today, I will be in London and not in school.

I can't wait.
            sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
            May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Yep this makes it so much easier And I knew I would get off in Waterloo...I just have to get to the Hotel...is that actually do-able by foot?? Cause I am not sure the tube is a good thing for me

And MegYn...do you have that Wacko plate ready to pick me up at Waterloo??? and guide me to the Hotel Cause it will be needed after seeing that map
              eer do you mean the renaissance hotel from waterloo? If so you could walk it but you'd better come in a few days early! You need to take either the underground or a taxi to Paddington and then get on the heathrow express. this costs a lot more than the underground but is a normal overground train.

If you take the underground from waterloo, you don't have to change to get to paddington. Take the bakerloo line(brown). pick up heathrow express at paddington.

If you go all the way on the underground you need to change to get on the picadillly line (dark blue). the last part of the journey out of london is on an underground train but it's in the open ( if that makes sense.)

Cost wise the cheapest option would be the underground. it'll probably take about an hour from waterloo I doubt it would cost more than 10-15 pounds.
              The faster overground route is a taxi from waterloo to paddington ( very expensive) or busses -cheaper but complex... try transprot for londons route planner... and then the heathrow express which is about 30 pounds return.

Try here: http://www.tfl.gov.uk/

It has a journey planner that you can type in your arrival time and get more detailed connection information. bear in mind in a years time all the timetables will have changed. But it give you an idea.

Becks
              G4

Comment

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
                eer do you mean the renaissance hotel from waterloo? If so you could walk it but you'd better come in a few days early! You need to take either the underground or a taxi to Paddington and then get on the heathrow express. this costs a lot more than the underground but is a normal overground train.

If you take the underground from waterloo, you don't have to change to get to paddington. Take the bakerloo line(brown). pick up heathrow express at paddington.

If you go all the way on the underground you need to change to get on the picadillly line (dark blue). the last part of the journey out of london is on an underground train but it's in the open ( if that makes sense.)

Cost wise the cheapest option would be the underground. it'll probably take about an hour from waterloo I doubt it would cost more than 10-15 pounds.
                The faster overground route is a taxi from waterloo to paddington ( very expensive) or busses -cheaper but complex... try transprot for londons route planner... and then the heathrow express which is about 30 pounds return.

It has a journey planner that you can type in your arrival time and get more detailed connection information. bear in mind in a years time all the timetables will have changed. But it give you an idea.

Becks
                G4
                Yeah well I am not sure if I can leave earlier from work We are already discussing about it...Cause someone else want free time at the same time... So I am not sure about it yet... But I am planning on coming (if work lets me) a few days in advance...and if I can avoid anything like a train/tube/... I will try...not to fond on that
                And I don't mind walking a lot...I am used to it But if it is to far away...I might skip that and actually take something remotly small of space...

But I will be able to get there...and if I am on the other side of London...I will sure call the PengYn to explain me everything

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                  That's funny because the moment I mentioned AT3, my husband said 'We're going, right? You did buy a ticket, didn't you? So when do we leave?' The funny thing is he doesn't actually attend AT3 with me. He normally just drops off the luggage, gives me a kiss and and then promptly jumps on the tube into London. I think he's already making plans to go to Germany this year, whereas, I'm trying to decide what to do with my daughter since the con takes place on my mother's birthday next year and she's debating if she wants to go to London with us as a birthday present to herself.

So...who wants the first shift at babysitting Kallesta? She's a really cute and extremely precocious six year old ( seven year old by AT3 ). Any takers? No? I didn't think so. Back to the old drawing board.
                  I'd take her in a heart beat!

Comment

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post

Becks
                    G4
                    Yep we did that last year. The Heathrow Express is very nice, but a tad pricey for some. You can grab the Heathrow Connect and it will take you from Paddington to Heathrow as well. The trip takes a bit longer as it's not a non-stop route -- there are like four or five stops -- but it's about half the price if I remember correctly. One thing to keep in mind, you have to buy a special pass for both of these connections, as the normal tube pass will not work after a certain point.

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins View Post
                      Maybe Heathrow doesn't let the budget airlines land their planes because their tail designs are ugly. There might be a no ugly planes landing here rule.
                      Aye, that must be it! I can just hear Heathrow air traffic control now:-

"No you can't land that thing here, it clashes with the Quantas jets!"
                      "But our left engine is on fire, and we're in danger of plummetting from the sky and squashing lots of people. Not to mention frightening many innocent household pets with the loud bang we're liable to produce."
                      "Don't care, we don't take orange planes. Sod off to Luton, they'll take anything. We have standards to uphold, you know."

And yes, I've just finished nightshift again. You may have worked that out already, lol.

AT4- coming in 2009

'Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.' - General MacArthur

Comment

364 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kelspook View Post

"But our left engine is on fire, and we're in danger of plummetting from the sky and squashing lots of people. Not to mention frightening many innocent household pets with the loud bang we're liable to produce."
                          "Don't care, we don't take orange planes. Sod off to Luton, they'll take anything. We have standards to uphold, you know."

And yes, I've just finished nightshift again. You may have worked that out already, lol.

ROFL!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kelspook View Post

ROTFLMAO!! Oh thats hilarious

Julia(samcarterrules)
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                              That's funny because the moment I mentioned AT3, my husband said 'We're going, right? You did buy a ticket, didn't you? So when do we leave?' The funny thing is he doesn't actually attend AT3 with me. He normally just drops off the luggage, gives me a kiss and and then promptly jumps on the tube into London. I think he's already making plans to go to Germany this year, whereas, I'm trying to decide what to do with my daughter since the con takes place on my mother's birthday next year and she's debating if she wants to go to London with us as a birthday present to herself.

So...who wants the first shift at babysitting Kallesta? She's a really cute and extremely precocious six year old ( seven year old by AT3 ). Any takers? No? I didn't think so. Back to the old drawing board.
                              Hey, I am not able to make it to any of the Gambit's, so if you want to send her to Canada, I will so babysit for you.
                              Music and Stargate
                              sigpic
                              Perfection

Comment

LoL Eve I'm afraid you'll be walking a long time, as Becky said. Heathrow is a good 45 minutes to an hour away from central London. There's a fast express train from Paddington station that gets you there in 15 minutes but it's pricy (£15 one way I think). I'll see what else I can find for you.

And it's my I *heart* Richard Dean Anderson sandwich board and a bell! Walking around with a plate doused in ketchup and mustard is just sooo common
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X