GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
    ((((gatebee))))) If you need any help,just ask ,ok ?

Permission to squee,folks ? I'm getting rather excited myself,lol !

Squeeeeeeee !!

((((((((((((All)))))))))))))))
    The curb didn't suffer any damage,and the pavement and wall didn't either,but I'm so very glad I didn't do my giant pratfall in the final days before Gabit.

My tally of injuries :
    1 sprained ankle
    several bruised ribs
    two cut and badly swollen knees
    1 sprained wrist
    1 sprained shoulder
    1 irreparably damaged ego...I hate going *thud* in public,lol !

On the bright side, at least I didn't smash my face into the pavement and wall,and I haven't broken any bones.Also Hubby treated me to a box of my favourite chocs and a lot of TLC !

(The kids have scoffed half of the choccies ,but still....they deserved a reward for helping me out with the housework !)

*Cough * Back to topic..thanks for letting us know the deadline for ordering the shirts,Becky .
    wow that is alot of boo-boos. Good thing hubby giving lots of TLC.

help ... right now really don't know if I need .... thanks for extending hand...

Comment

44 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!

Comment

43 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!

Comment

((((gatebee))))) If you need any help,just ask ,ok ?

Permission to squee,folks ? I'm getting rather excited myself,lol !

Squeeeeeeee !!

((((((((((((All)))))))))))))))
          The curb didn't suffer any damage,and the pavement and wall didn't either,but I'm so very glad I didn't do my giant pratfall in the final days before Gabit.

My tally of injuries :
          1 sprained ankle
          several bruised ribs
          two cut and badly swollen knees
          1 sprained wrist
          1 sprained shoulder
          1 irreparably damaged ego...I hate going *thud* in public,lol !

On the bright side, at least I didn't smash my face into the pavement and wall,and I haven't broken any bones.Also Hubby treated me to a box of my favourite chocs and a lot of TLC !

(The kids have scoffed half of the choccies ,but still....they deserved a reward for helping me out with the housework !)

*Cough * Back to topic..thanks for letting us know the deadline for ordering the shirts,Becky .
          Hope you are feeling better!!

Comment

42 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!

Comment

41 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!

Comment

Sorry not been in here a while as I'm busy on various projects: trying to get a business off the ground plus charity fundraising (see my sig). I'll have to try to find time to run through the thread later: have I missed anything vital?
                My 100 Mile Challenge!

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
                  wow that is alot of boo-boos. Good thing hubby giving lots of TLC.
                  Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                  Hope you are feeling better!!
                  Thanks ! (((((((((gb,Kat)))))))))
                  I'm nearly back to normal now,having done the R & R thing as much as possible.
                  help ... right now really don't know if I need .... thanks for extending hand...
                  No worries....but if you ,or anyone else need a hand anytime ,just ask.

MAL : I assume you sorted out your C.T Party seat/table ok ?

Originally posted by Rowan Green
                  Sorry not been in here a while as I'm busy on various projects: trying to get a business off the ground plus charity fundraising (see my sig). I'll have to try to find time to run through the thread later: have I missed anything vital?
                  Ok..let's see.

I've booked a Bistro table for 12 for the Saturday evening.Time 6.30-8.00 pm approx.Drinks at Hotel bar afterwards .(See Post # 530 for fuller details.)

Also Disco begins at approx 7.30/8 pm -> ? There's an "Orange" theme for the disco (as it's AT's fave colour). Whether we wear tons of orange clothing or just an orange tee-shirt or whatever,is up to us to decide.

Post #535 : Current "Roll Calls " for the Con itself,the dinner/meet-up/Cocktail Party.

There were Gabit Tees/Polo-Shirts available to buy ,but the cut off date was a few days ago...not sure if you knew about that either !

I think that recaps most of what you may have missed,Rowan.If you get time,there may be stuff I missed on the Yahoo Gabit list ?

Good luck with the RL stuff and the fundraising.

ETA : I forgot the AT Contest is open for voting,if you're interested and have time !
                  http://www.theamandatappingcontest.tk/
                  The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

ETA : I forgot the AT Contest is open for voting,if you're interested and have time !
                    http://www.theamandatappingcontest.tk/
                    Yes, you mustn't forget the contest *cough* see my sig*cough*
                    sigpic

Comment

I've been good and remembered to vote across the categories every day,Bev.

(There seems to be a minor glitch ,reoccurring on the site btw.Just hit the back button and try again ,if any of you have probs voting .Or e-mail the site addy.)

Comment

40 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!

Yes Baggie i'm all sorted on the c/t party ;-).

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                          Yes, you mustn't forget the contest *cough* see my sig*cough*
                          Yeah, yeah, I am voting already.
                          sigpic

Comment

I know that it is still a ton of days before we get to see each other. But I am so excited over it. I have never done anything like this before. That is meet friends that I first met on the internet. This is unheard of for me. I have never been to any conventions. Excitement boiling over for me.

Comment

May I make a suggestion. Nearer to the day, can we swap mobile numbers via PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL)
                                Yes Baggie i'm all sorted on the c/t party ;-).
                                Good to know that !

Originally posted by Kliggins
                                Yeah, yeah, I am voting already.
                                You're doing better than I am,then.All I keep getting is "internal server error" when I try to cast my votes.

Will try again later ! As Jack used to say : " If at first you don't succeed,try,try,try again..."
                                I know that it is still a ton of days before we get to see each other. But I am so excited over it. I have never done anything like this before. That is meet friends that I first met on the internet. This is unheard of for me. I have never been to any conventions. Excitement boiling over for me.
                                Not too long now,gatebee. Keep those positive,excited thoughts coming .
                                It's going to be lovely,and yet a little nerve-wracking ,imo,until we all relax and fit the names to the faces ,lol !

May I make a suggestion. Nearer to the day, can we swap mobile numbers via PM.
                                Excellent suggestion,gatebee. My own mobile is a pay-as-you-go type,so I have no objection to any of the Gabiteers knowing the number.I'll just need to remember to top-up the credit and take my recharger unit,lol.

To all : At the 30-days to go mark,shall I pm/e-mail everyone to update them with the meet-up plans and check how everyone feels about the arrangements ?

Despite verbal assurances from a Hotel receptionist,I'm not certain that we'll actually get separate bills at the end of the meal,so,we may well have to pay the combined bill and then work out the individual amounts afterwards at the table or at the bar.

My Husband has offered to pay on his card ,then we all pay him back .That ok with everyone ?

Comment

Working...
                                X