GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
    On the subject of travel: the Hoppa bus that drops you off by the hotel is free if you get on it from Heathrow airport.
    You have to pay £4 for the Hoppa from the airport to the hotel.

info about Hoppas.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
      I want to sit at scari's table so I can tickle her while she's trying to talk to Amanda. And I want to sit at skydiver's table so that I can tease her likewise. And samcarterrules' table because she's a sweetheart and we can have fun making the others mess up their lines. And who else? Well, everyone really. Kat so that I can hug her *constantly* and make her turn five shades of red. Hee! And Ambermoon so that I can touch her credit card before it gets too hot to handle. There's more, I know there's more! Kliggy so I can see "SIPPY CUP '08"!!! Rune because she has THE. COOLEST. HAIR. She's so pretty. And also, oh, MAL because MAL always makes me giggle with her sense of humour. TracyJane because I adore her and love her tremendously - which wouldn't stop me from embarrassing her horribly while she's talking with Amanda, either. Then there'd be Spazzy who has to come and sit next to me (are there enough chairs? If not we can make some!), she'll fall asleep on my shoulder because she and tsax would've been up all night. We'll have to put something stronger than water in her sippy cup, I think! And I'm missing tonnes more, but I'm running out of posting space. Who else...oh, maybe young sophie because she's just lovely and so fun to laugh with! D'oh. Too many chairs... <sigh>

PS-> I still wear my little PUG charm from last year's GABIT. I thought it was so sweet and so special of Becky to make those all personal to us. I was talking about that for a good month afterwards!
      You forgot me.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
        You forgot me.
        Oh no! I knew I forgot someone important! And DIPS of course! Because she's the coolest (and silliest!) among us!

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Oh no! I knew I forgot someone important! And DIPS of course! Because she's the coolest (and silliest!) among us!
          (((mini)))
          sigpic

Comment

You forgot me.
            and sue and siobhan...although i don't think you've met siobhan. she just did avalon last year not AT2.

I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't need two tables this year, if things work out well in the cocktail party lotto
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

You forgot me.
              Hehehe

Originally posted by Minigeek
              Not to worry, she's not that important.
              sigpic

Comment

info about Hoppas.
                I want a pound sign on my keyboard!!!!!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins View Post
                  Hehehe

Not to worry, she's not that important.
                  sigpic

Comment

LOL! See, I told you. Silly, very definitely, but important no.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                      Hey you can always sit next to me I wouldn't mind that. I would even think it would be great sitting next to you I think this can be arranged... so you can have the time with just other Amanda fans...on your own. Without your carers
                      Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      okee dokee, i think we have a plan. Once the cocktail tickies are out there we can take a census of who has them and see how the G4 can arrange the seating to get those willing to help sitting by you.

I'm not one of them or trying to speak for them, but going by their willingness to arrange the samandans all at the same tables last year, i'm gonna bet that making an arrangement like this isn't impossible.

One thing i would check though, check with the hotel and make sure htat your chair will work with the room doors. I don't know if they have special ADA rooms - seeing as there is no ADA in the UK, but i do recall the thresholds to the rooms being rather narrow
                      We'd all be happy to sit with you, I'm sure, Julia! In fact, one great big giant huge table would work (tee hee - kidding, or I'd be ducking veggies I think!).

Love,
                      geek
                      Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
                      I'm sure we can arrange something for Julia, no worries. The doors are double and Julia got through the last time for the auto/photo session in there so no worries there. Becky does the table plans and she can put Samandans together if you all request it like last year. We will make sure that Julia is with those who know her.

Julia, pm me or Becky and we'll discuss exactly what you want to do for the cocktail party.

Julia
                      G4
                      Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
                      Re cocktail party...

The tables are for nine attendees and there's a spare seat for you know who.

When you get confirmation of your tickets you cam mail me with a list of people you want to sit with. If you have nine it's much easier for me cos I don't have to think about it!!

Julia-Samcarterules- It's absolutly no problem for you to attend on your own. We will even have a few stewards about who could run for your carer if you needed it. We can also provide assistance for someone to help you with your tray so you can all end up eating together at the same time!

The cocktail party is held in the photo/auto room, so it's fully accessible, nice wide doors and there's plenty of room on the tables round the edge. We had a lady with a scooter at last years and it was no problem at all.
                      Just so you know, the ladies nearest the room we use for the cocktail party and next door reg are down steps so you have to use the Disabled loos round near the wessex room (the other side of the lobby to the room we use) Please remember that even if there is another function over there and it say private, you are allowed to use the disabled facilities.
                      The ren is otherwise quite wheelchair friendly and our main hall has it's own facilities too!

So, do not panic... we've got your back.

Any specifics, please just e-mail [email protected] or pm us.

Becks
                      Awww Eve, Sky, Mini, Julia, Becky and others,
                      ((((Everyone))))
                      Thank you! You're amazing and I'm feeling SO loved right now
                      Julia, Becky, do you want me to e-mail/PM you now or wait until I get the confirmation e-mail?

Did I mention I'm excited!!

Julia(samcarterrules)
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

info about Hoppas.
                        Oh, has it changed since last time? Sorry. I didn't have to pay anything in November.
                        scarimor

Comment

Oh, has it changed since last time? Sorry. I didn't have to pay anything in November.
                          You didn't? I had to pay for the Hoppa bus for both AT1 and 2. You must have sneaked on in someone's suitcase.
                          sigpic

Comment

You didn't? I had to pay for the Hoppa bus for both AT1 and 2. You must have sneaked on in someone's suitcase.
                            Really? The nice bus driver told me I didn't have to pay anything. And I swear I didn't offer him any... you know... 'favours' or anything
                            scarimor

Comment

Really? The nice bus driver told me I didn't have to pay anything. And I swear I didn't offer him any... you know... 'favours' or anything
                              That's not fair. Perhaps I should have offered some...*cough* favours........or perhaps I should just have mentioned your name.
                              sigpic

Comment

That's not fair. Perhaps I should have offered some...*cough* favours........or perhaps I should just have mentioned your name.
                                You didn't wear a certain item of clothing to show to the Hoppa driver, did you?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X