GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
    Hmmmm. Looks like the 'old firm' is coming together nicely. Good to hear you can make it Baggy.

Mumsey
    And I promise not to spill your drink all over you again.

Er, second thought, perhaps you'd better wear plastic pants just in case...

Hee!

Huggles,
    mini(the clumsy)geek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS View Post
      AT3 is a "go" for me too.
      I'd originally planned for the whole family to attend ,but no matter.Education and exam prep for my teens comes first ..whether they like it or not.Plus SIL and her Hubs won't be able to housesit for us during the event dates ,as they'll be away on their annual jaunt that weekend.
      So Hubs gets to be "Mr Mum" for a few days !

*Squeeeees happily*
      Woohoo! Baggie's coming.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins View Post
        LOL !

.... .... .... ....

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
        Hmmmm. Looks like the 'old firm' is coming together nicely. Good to hear you can make it Baggy.

Mumsey
        Good to be making it ,Mumsey !

*Sends hugs to you and the Fabulous G4 /staff *

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
        Woohoo! Baggie's coming.
        I am . Barring any unforeseen circumstances that obviously can't be forseen as yet.

*Snuggles with HSG for a mo'*
        Well, I missed the little guy....

*Hugs Bev too*
        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Isn't this a nice cozy little group?

*crashes party*

I can't wait to do this IN PERSON!
          sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
          May we all be so well loved.

Comment

367 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
              Isn't this a nice cozy little group?

*crashes party*

I can't wait to do this IN PERSON!
              Yay! parrrtttteeeee!!!!
              sigpic

Comment

A question for the experienced party people:

Gatwick or Heathrow?
                sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                  A question for the experienced party people:

Gatwick or Heathrow?
                  Heathrow if you can. The hotel is next to the airport.
                  sigpic

Comment

366 DAYS(1 WHOLE YEAR) TO GO !!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                      Heathrow if you can. The hotel is next to the airport.
                      Agreed.

Like Mal said : approx 1 year to go !

Might be a good time to repost these for new Gabiteers : )

http://www.londontoolkit.com/lhr/renaissance_lhr.htm
                      Info about Heathrow, and the "Hoppa " bus takes you from Terminal 4 to the front of the Renaissance Hotel .

http://www.airwise.com/airports/euro...LHRT4_03a.html
                      Handy link for info on the Airport /bureau de change ,etc.

Also for links to London info/food haunts etc
                      http://www.ukguide.org/london.html

*Edited to add*Hoppa to/from the Heathrow/Ren Hotel is the best option ,as later posts also state.

Bit of personal advice *ETA : if you're planning to tour London,and want to travel by cab, use ONLY the Official London cabs ,when in London.Heathrow and Gatwick are always crammed with so-called minicab drivers who prey on tourists.It isn't unusual to get ripped off for £60+ for a short trip by these crooks.
                      If in doubt ,or if targetted and pressured,then go to a member of the airport security staff .They're very vigilant .

(Or use the "Tube" (Underground /subway/métro equivalent or buses and buy a London A-Z handbook if you plan to roam the Capital. Better value. )

Hope this helps you out ,scifithinker /anyone else .
                      Last edited by Bagpuss; 02 May 2007, 05:33 AM. Reason: Clarifying the post.

Comment

Definitely Heathrow.
                        scarimor

Comment

the renaissance is like a 10 minute bus ride from the airport...and 5 of those 10 minutes is getting out of the airport traffic.

seriously the hotel is right across the street from one of the runways, so it's maybe a quarter mile away.

no you can't walk it. i don't think it's set up for pedestrians. i wouldn't suggest taking the tube. the nearest station to the hotel is about 2 miles from it...so if you take the tube you'll end up being further away than you start

the hoppa bus is the easiest. just get to terminal 4, shell out your 4 pounds and settle down for a short ride.

gatwick is on the other side of town, so you want heathrow. Gatwick COULD work, others flew into it, but then you do haev to navigate your way across town to the hotel
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Plus the Hoppa bus dumps you right at the hotel front door, so you have no chance whatsoever of getting lost.
                            If you're coming from Heathrow airport to the Ren then it's certainly the best option- you won't gain any time really by getting a taxi and it'll cost you a whole lot more cash than the bus will.

AT4- coming in 2009

'Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.' - General MacArthur

Comment

If you're coming with the eurostar, you just have to make sure you have a good tube map cause you have to change tubes a few times

Comment

Thanks for remembering about the Eurostar option,Sophie.

I need to get a Tube map v soon ,as I'll be going to London at the end of the month.Cheers ! *Adds map onto trip list*

(Btw: If anyone perhaps thought I was suggesting attendees choose a cab over Hoppa to/from Heathrow,I wasn't.That last bit was more for anyone's benefit if they will be visiting the Capital and intending to tour,before or after AT3.
                                I've gone back and edited that post to make that a wee bit clearer. )

Comment

Working...
                                X