GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
    Okay folks, you asked for my closing words to Amanda and the attendees at AT2 a fortnight ago, and here they are.

Julia
    G4 - GABIT
    :-

Wow! That was just beautiful. Thanks for posting it.
    sigpic

Comment

Just a quick post to thank everyone who attended AT2. I am so proud of all of you. The weekend was so much fun, and I started to cry when I saw how much money we had raised. You are truly the best fans in the world.

I would also like to thank the great Gabit group.....not just the Fab 4, but everyone who helped. You worked hard, and you all deserve more than a pat on the back. We accomplished a great thing, and I never had a better time. If a third event is in the works, I'll be there. I just need some time to pay off my smoking credit card.
      On fighting:
      Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
      Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
        I mentioned this in the Sam Character thread as well, but when she saw the poster with everyone's messages and signatures on it, she pointed to several of them and she mentioned how she'd met this person or that one recently or what she recalled about another - just from reading their names. I cannot express how moved I was by that. I was so in awe at the time I don't think I said very much of articulate relevance, but that lovely lady is such a class act, I feel honored just to be her "fan". And I do not say that lightly.
        Is a picture of this posted anywhere? We sent notes in, but never got to see the finished project.
        Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
        William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
        Anon

Comment

To all the G4 folks, Thomasina and all the stewards:

Thanks so much for a fantastic time. My sister and I had been to Creation events before, but mom was a con virgin. She is now thoroughly hooked on both conventions and Amanda!

Wonderful job all the way around. You created a warm relaxed atmosphere for everyone.

Cheers!!!
          Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
          William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
          Anon

Comment

The Gabit website has been updated. The main front page is now www.gabitevents.co.uk so be sure to refresh when you access it so that you don't see a cache version. We have put up some news and the first of some lovely photos from AT2. Enjoy!

Julia
            G4
            To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

wheeee, AT3

mmhm, wonder what i'm doing next summer????
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                wheeee, AT3

mmhm, wonder what i'm doing next summer????
                Weeehooo! Sooo excited already!!

Hugs all!
                mg

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

The Gabit website has been updated. The main front page is now www.gabitevents.co.uk so be sure to refresh when you access it so that you don't see a cache version. We have put up some news and the first of some lovely photos from AT2. Enjoy!

Julia
                  G4
                  Woot! Eighteen months should give me time to pay AT2 off and start again.

My LJ

Comment

Julia
                    G4
                    WooHoo 18 months - runs off to open a special savings account
                    My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by tara3583 View Post
                      Thankyou for posting your words to Amanda and so moving and heartfelt they are also.
                      From a fan who could not come but will always follow this remarkable lady in whatever she choses to do. ((((((((((Amanda)))))))))

My sentiments exactly. Thanks, Julia, for posting your words. They were a joy to read. From another fan who could not come but look forward to all the projects Amanda will do in the future.

Comment

Woohoo! AT3!!

Is it time to buy my tickets yet??? Is it???
                        sigpic

Comment

OMG !! I couldn't attend this year because of my studies. I read all of the wonderful reports. I'm so glad to learn there will be an AT3 !!
                          Thanks !!
                          and WOOHOOOO I'm bouncing !!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Famantha View Post
                            OMG !! I couldn't attend this year because of my studies. I read all of the wonderful reports. I'm so glad to learn there will be an AT3 !!
                            Thanks !!
                            and WOOHOOOO I'm bouncing !!

Well Shore Leave just left the budget. I am sooooo doing this!

Suse
                            sigpic
                            Mourning Sanctuary.
                            Thanks for the good times!

Comment

*bouncing about*

Whoohoo! Thanks Julia, that news just made my morning!

Can't wait to see more pics of the site too

Comment

AT3 in 2008!!! I'll start saving for it now!!! I've never been to a con, but I have heard so many wonderful things about this one.
                                Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 30 November 2006, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X