Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
    Aww, thanks for the hug, Strix.

I promise to post my words to Amanda soon as a few of you have asked me to.

Julia
    G4
    Bring it on, Julia. I'm all ready for your wonderful words.
    sigpic

Comment

Julia
      G4
      Thanks, Julia. And thanks again to you and the GABIT staff for putting on such a great event.

My LJ

Comment

Julia
        G4
        Please, please post your closing words to Amanda...you articulated what I would have loved to have expressed to Amanda.

I still can't get over the fact that I met her and my fellow GWers thru the fabulous G4, I'm still floating on cloud nine.

Comment

Julia
          G4
          Julia I just wanted to echo what so many have already said. Thanks to you and the G4 for such a wonderful event.
          My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Okay folks, you asked for my closing words to Amanda and the attendees at AT2 a fortnight ago, and here they are.

Julia
            G4 - GABIT
            :-

"I don’t personally believe that there is another person who could have carried an entire weekend convention on their own as well as Amanda has done and I can’t possibly hope to be able to say everything that each and every one of you would want me to say to her but I’m going to have a go.

Amanda, let me first of all say something on behalf of the G4. I can’t begin to tell you how much you’ve given us personally over these many years. You’ve given us support and you’ve given us friendship and you’ve believed in us and placed your trust in us. Without that belief we couldn’t have done what we’ve done. We started GABIT because we believed in you and you’ve proved us right, twice. Thank you for that.

And what we have found out from doing Events which are purely for *your* fans, is that they are completely reflective of *you*. Your kindness and your generosity of spirit and loyalty, are qualities which are mirrored in your fandom and the people in the fandom.

And I’d like to say to all of you, who we hadn’t really met until last year but I had a bit of an inkling over the years of being in Amanda’s fandom that you’re all lovely, lovely loyal people and that when we embarked on this journey, we could not have imagined that we would have the privilege of being able to showcase your unbelievable generosity. A generosity which will forever change the lives of, four tonight and one last year, that’s five deaf people. I just can’t believe it really. And I said to Jenny (Hearing Dogs) we wanted one dog, that we were desperate for Iris and then we looked at Ives, the boy dog and we’ve got him as well and now we’ve got to find two more and choose names for them.
            I know I speak for the rest of the G4 when I say to all of you that we are honoured to be counted among you as Amanda’s fans.

And Amanda. I know that you’ve come to say thank you to your fans which you like to do when you come to your Events, but in fact the fans have travelled here to thank *you* and to show you that they support you in everything that you do. And I know that, because I go on Gateworld and to the Samandans and I know what they all think, and say. So, on behalf of all your fans here, and all the fans who couldn’t be here, and we’ve had emails from those who wanted to come, I’m going to say a few things they’d want me to say to you but they never have the chance to say it, but I’ve read it, so I know what they want to say. So just for a minute I’m going to be their voice.

Thank you, Amanda, for ten years of bringing alive on our screens one of the strongest women characters in science fiction television ever. For inspiring a generation of women to become what they want to be and not what everyone else wants them to be. Without knowing it, you’ve empowered your fans to look at themselves in a different way and see their worth and act on it. Always remember that whatever you do in the coming year there are over 200 people here who love your work and love you, and I can assure you that each and every person in this room is going to support you whatever you do and will be watching you and supporting you. I know you’ve said in the past that you always manage to find the negative comments when you venture on line - and I’ve told you off for it as well - just remember that all these people are on line as well. They’re your fans. They may not be the loudest voices when you go looking on there because it’s easier to be negative and loud and sometimes the positive is more quiet but if you look in the right places, you’ll find them, and I promise you won’t hear negative, you’ll always find positive. Because I do when I go on.

So on behalf of everyone here- us- everybody. For ten years of Sam Carter. For 200 plus episodes of Stargate. For coming here again this weekend and giving everyone a fantastic Event. And quite simply just for being you. Thank you."

(c) Julia G4 November 2006 AT2
            Last edited by JuliaR; 28 November 2006, 04:57 PM. Reason: added event title
            To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Thank you so much for posting this Julia. I'm all choked up again remembering this moment, along with all the other wonderful moments from the weekend.
              sigpic

Comment

Okay folks, you asked for my closing words to Amanda and the attendees at AT2 a fortnight ago, and here they are.

Julia
                G4 - GABIT

<<Snip for space>>

So on behalf of everyone here- us- everybody. For ten years of Sam Carter. For 200 plus episodes of Stargate. For coming here again this weekend and giving everyone a fantastic Event. And quite simply just for being you. Thank you."

*SOOOOOOB*

Wow. I have no words that adequately express how I feel right now...so hopefully this picture will do:

I didn't get to go to GABIT...I hope to one year but not this time sadly...but I feel as though I was able to share in the joy and the friendship thanks to you and to the many others who have posted your stories and thoughts.

Thank you. Beyond words...I am touched and moved by how fantastic a human being Amanda really is. The mold was most certainly broken as there are none else out there quite like her.

Thank you for the wonderful job you and the others did...my friends who went all had a fantastic time thanks to you and your team.

Thank you, thank you and thank you.
                Mary Beth

P.S. Did I remember to say thank you?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Oh my god, I got half way through it before it got me again. *sigh* Julia, you're the absolute best. I'll always remember that moment, and the way everyone in the entire auditorium was crying at the same time (at least, everyone in my area was!), hard to see through the blur elsewhere.

I think it's also important that you guys know, Julia, how amazing we all think YOU are, too, and how much we appreciate all of the little things that you do (and did) for us at your event - out of love, really, because I cannot imagine some faceless corporate entity picking out special charms for each of us, taking extra photos to make sure we didn't look terrible in our shot with "our hero"; walking around and taking time out to stop and chat with each and every person there and making us all feel like family. I didn't really know you before this year's GABIT, but I came away from that day with a huge amount of affection for all of you, and appreciation for the caring and thoughtfulness you all put into making the weekend so personal to each one of us who attended.

I can't be as eloquent as you were I'm afraid, but hopefully you can pass along to everyone involved in the G4 (5,6,7,8,9,10... ), that the opportunity you presented to many of us was a once in a lifetime joy to be part of (which hopefully won't be once in a lifetime and might actually be repeated some day!!).

You're all amazing. Truly. HUGE HUGS to you and the GABIT crew! And much love, of course.

mg

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                  ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

yes, julia and all the gabit folks (i gotta stop using 'girls', it's not fair to John ) are what made the con so great.

all those little moments that make the whole weekend so special and so memorable

You know, it's not like you're going to a con, it's like you're visiting a friend
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Julia
                      G4 - GABIT

"I don’t personally believe that there is another person who could have carried an entire weekend convention on their own as well as Amanda has done and I can’t possibly hope to be able to say everything that each and every one of you would want me to say to her but I’m going to have a go.

Amanda, let me first of all say something on behalf of the G4. I can’t begin to tell you how much you’ve given us personally over these many years. You’ve given us support and you’ve given us friendship and you’ve believed in us and placed your trust in us. Without that belief we couldn’t have done what we’ve done. We started GABIT because we believed in you and you’ve proved us right, twice. Thank you for that.

*snippage just to save on space*

Thank you, Amanda, for ten years of bringing alive on our screens one of the strongest women characters in science fiction television ever. For inspiring a generation of women to become what they want to be and not what everyone else wants them to be. Without knowing it, you’ve empowered your fans to look at themselves in a different way and see their worth and act on it. Always remember that whatever you do in the coming year there are over 200 people here who love your work and love you, and I can assure you that each and every person in this room is going to support you whatever you do and will be watching you and supporting you. I know you’ve said in the past that you always manage to find the negative comments when you venture on line - and I’ve told you off for it as well - just remember that all these people are on line as well. They’re your fans. They may not be the loudest voices when you go looking on there because it’s easier to be negative and loud and sometimes the positive is more quiet but if you look in the right places, you’ll find them, and I promise you won’t hear negative, you’ll always find positive. Because I do when I go on.

Thank you Julia for taking to the time to post what you so eloquently said to Amanda that last day. Another thank you to the G4 for a fantastic, unbelievable weekend. But most of all, a humongous THANK YOU to Amanda for taking the time to spend a weekend with her fans and for making every minute moments to remember for a lifetime.

*I better stop now before I turn into a pile of goo like my credit card. *

Comment

*sniff*

Yes. Thank you Julia - for saying it in the first place, and for posting it here. You touched on everything, I think, and you truly were the voice for those of us who may never get to express those feelings to AT personally. You guys did such a fantastic job!

Comment

*Sniff Sniff*

Julia wow you made me cry all over again. Thank you so much, I think you said everything that Amanda's *fans* have ever wanted to say. Thanks for posting. *G4=BIG HEARTED FOLKS*

Julia(samcarterrules)
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

wow Julia, those words were just great.
                            sigpic

Comment

Okay folks, you asked for my closing words to Amanda and the attendees at AT2 a fortnight ago, and here they are...
                              Oh boy. Eyes blurring up all over again. You did indeed express so eloquently how we feel, and especially our thanks.

And another thank you to the G4 for organising such a wonderful event, and for giving us the opportunity to meet Amanda and have so much fun together.

scarimor

Comment

Julia
                                G4 - GABIT

And what we have found out from doing Events which are purely for *your* fans, is that they are completely reflective of *you*. Your kindness and your generosity of spirit and loyalty, are qualities which are mirrored in your fandom and the people in the fandom.

And I’d like to say to all of you, who we hadn’t really met until last year but I had a bit of an inkling over the years of being in Amanda’s fandom that you’re all lovely, lovely loyal people and that when we embarked on this journey, we could not have imagined that we would have the privilege of being able to showcase your unbelievable generosity. A generosity which will forever change the lives of, four tonight and one last year, that’s five deaf people. I just can’t believe it really. And I said to Jenny (Hearing Dogs) we wanted one dog, that we were desperate for Iris and then we looked at Ives, the boy dog and we’ve got him as well and now we’ve got to find two more and choose names for them.
                                I know I speak for the rest of the G4 when I say to all of you that we are honoured to be counted among you as Amanda’s fans.

And Amanda. I know that you’ve come to say thank you to your fans which you like to do when you come to your Events, but in fact the fans have travelled here to thank *you* and to show you that they support you in everything that you do. And I know that, because I go on Gateworld and to the Samandans and I know what they all think, and say. So, on behalf of all your fans here, and all the fans who couldn’t be here, and we’ve had emails from those who wanted to come, I’m going to say a few things they’d want me to say to you but they never have the chance to say it, but I’ve read it, so I know what they want to say. So just for a minute I’m going to be their voice.

Thankyou for posting your words to Amanda and so moving and heartfelt they are also.
                                From a fan who could not come but will always follow this remarkable lady in whatever she choses to do. ((((((((((Amanda)))))))))
                                ......TARA......

Comment

Working...
                                X