I just finished writing my (10 page!!) convention report lol

if anyone wants to read it, you can find it here:

http://www.glass-prison.com/home/sta...ns/gabit06.php

let me know what you think!
    - Simon

"Life. Its far more important than what you do for a living" - RDA

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

My Site: www.Glass-Prison.com

(Update: GABIT AT2 Convention report uploaded)

Comment

Originally posted by Nem2k View Post
      Wonderful kiss pic, Simon
      scarimor

Comment

Great report, Nem2k--thanks for taking the time to write it, and thanks to all who have reported about their GABIT experiences.

I hadn't heard that Amanda was going to meet Dawn French, the actress who plays the lead role in The Vicar of Dibley! I really like that actress. I hope Amanda shares her experiences with what it was like to meet her. I think it's funny how you report that AT is such a fangirl in regard to meeting Dawn French! That doesn't surprise me a bit!

Comment

Simon, that's fantastic! Oh my gosh, where WERE you this weekend??! I was searching DESPERATELY for another Canadian!! The others can vouch...

It was so difficult being picked on and teased by all those mean UKers and Americans, and I had no back-up! Simon! Where werrrree you?!?!?!

LOL

Loved loved loved your con report, hun!

Many hugs,
          mini(the Toronto!)geek
          GO LEAFS!

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Wonderful report. Thanks so much for taking the time to give us so many details.
            sigpic

Comment

That was fabulous and your photo with Amanda is just beautiful, what a momento.
              Fan run conventions are the BEST.

FF
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
                That was fabulous and your photo with Amanda is just beautiful, what a momento.
                Fan run conventions are the BEST.

FF
                What was even more amazing was that Amanda didn't treat anyone like a "fan" - she treated us like we were long lost friends or something. Whenever she spoke with you directly you felt like you were talking to someone you'd known for ages. I'm still somewhat awed by that. It's quite a gift she has. I admire her even more than before now that I've met her face to face. And on the flip side, the G4 ran the con so professionally, you'd never for an instant know they hadn't been doing this for decades. It was literally like they organized a couple of hundred people to "hang out" with Amanda Tapping for the weekend. No pretense, no undue formality. I know I'm gushing, but I really cannot commend them enough. Just a fabulous, outstanding experience for this con virgin!

Comment

Hi everyone,

Just want to add my thanks as well, even though I only managed the Sunday afternoon because of being in hospital.

I want to say a really big thank you to Julia, Becky, Mumsey and John(G4) I think you and the rest of the Gabit staff are fantastic, you all made me feel welcome and part of things and made sure I didn't miss out on meeting Amanda, and for that there aren't enough thank yous in the world. Your making me feel part of things started long before last weekend though, from the e-mails you guys sent me, to chatting with everyone on the forum, I have come to think of everone as "My GABIT Family"
                  I am already looking forward to next time *crossing my fingers*
                  Thanks Guys Reverence

Meeting Amanda, WOW I'm still a little overwhelmed. She's so special and humble too. It was the best moment of my life, I don't know how to say everything I want to but I'm cring just writting, Amanda I don't know if you'll see this but there were so many things that I wanted to say to you but I would have cried, so I'll just say thank you for the bottom of my heart, I mean it when tell you that, for the very first time in my life, you made me feel loved, important and not a burdon.

Thank you so much xoxoxox

Julia(samcarterrules)
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
                    Wonderful kiss pic, Simon
                    Great job on your report, Simon! You managed to remember a lot of the Q&A moments which were so important. Thanks so much for sharing!

Kudos to the entire G4 and their staff who really managed to top themselves from last year! It was a fantastic weekend! You all deserve a well-earned rest! After all, you may soon be planning an AT3!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
                      You all deserve a well-earned rest! After all, you may soon be planning an AT3!!
                      Oh absolutely! I've already started packing!

mini(the ducking and running)geek

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia View Post

Julia, when you finally have time to decompress; is there any way you could post your final words to Amanda on Sunday? It was so well stated; so beautifully said. I know you summed up my feelings perfectly. I didn't get a chance to do it in person, but I'm sending you a huge virtual hug in thanks for your eloquence.
                        Aww, thanks for the hug, Strix.

I promise to post my words to Amanda soon as a few of you have asked me to.

Julia
                        G4
                        To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post

Julia
                          G4
                          Of course, you're going to make us all cry again But I would love to see your closing words posted, too.

mg

Comment

julia did mention that she has to consult the tape, literally. she'd written down some notes for herself, then expounded u pon those notes once she was up on stage

they were truly lovely words and, imho, representative of the feelings of many that didn't have the luxury to come
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I'll look forward to reading your entire report ... but in the meantime, I have to say that the picture Amanda signed is simply ADORABLE.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post

Julia
                                G4
                                * Poz trys to get down on her knees to beg*

Oh, Please post your words to Amanda for those who were there and 'should have been there' to see?
                                I'll be sure to have my tissue box at hand
                                Thanks Julia!

Comment

Working...
                                X