GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar View Post
    (((Julia))) (((Mumsey))) I'll wander 'round the lobby and give you a quick hug, "Hi!," and thank you on Thursday then.
    Ah Thursday would be a good day. We might be a tad more relaxed than Friday! It'll be nice to meet everyone so do come over and say hi whenever you see any of us wandering through!

Julia
    G4
    To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Oooooh, Julia! I'm so excited now! I've sorted getting out of school early and everything (on the condition that I wear my pink dress to school the following week) so I can be there mid afternoon like everyone else. Wooooohooooo!

I wish I could be there Thursday to see you all and talk when you're a little less panicked, but Friday is my first full, formally observed and assessed French lesson, so no can do.

Good luck with all those last minute details, Im sure it will be great! I can't wait to see you all and experience the whole Gabit ethos and event (which I'm sure will be FABULOUS after all the amazing work you've done!).

*Big Hugs, Biccies and Cups of Tea to the G4 & Staff*
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
        Oooooh, Julia! I'm so excited now! I've sorted getting out of school early and everything (on the condition that I wear my pink dress to school the following week) so I can be there mid afternoon like everyone else. Wooooohooooo!

I wish I could be there Thursday to see you all and talk when you're a little less panicked, but Friday is my first full, formally observed and assessed French lesson, so no can do.

Good luck with all those last minute details, Im sure it will be great! I can't wait to see you all and experience the whole Gabit ethos and event (which I'm sure will be FABULOUS after all the amazing work you've done!).

*Big Hugs, Biccies and Cups of Tea to the G4 & Staff*

No worries Tracy Jane. We'll all be around on Friday so we'll be happy to say hi to anyone if you see us. Thanks for the hugs, biccies and tea!!

Julia
        G4
        To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
          EEEEEEK!! (looks around in surprise) Did I shriek that aloud?

Kay aka Mumsey

Diving back under two piles of badges, envelopes, labels, bus tickets ..........
          *hands over her ringing ears*

(((((Mumsey))))) looking forward to seeing you and the rest of the G4 a week from today

I think that after the cocktail party we should put you in a nice comfy chair, give you a big mug of tea and wheel you round the foyer in honour

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
            Nice! Thanks Julia!! Have I hugged you lately??

Oooo, maybe I could start the queue for HUGS FROM JULIA at AT2!!!!! Yeah!!

Cheers,
            mg
            Hi Everyone,

Can I join the queue for hugs, Julia, Kay and everyone else on GABIT staff you guy are amazing, thank you from the bottom of my heart for helping my dreams of meeting Amanda come true, I can't wait to meet you all, you guy rock!

Julia(samcarterrules)
            sigpic
            Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar View Post
              *giggles* Double EEEEEK! from me... I leave here in just about 24 hours! I should be actually sticking the stuff in the suitcases, but I wanted to get on here quick to check out my usual haunts. Will take a quick surf tomorrow before I leave for the airport.
              *snipetty doo-dah*
              Safe trip SS, seeya soon! *hugs*

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
                Ah Thursday would be a good day. We might be a tad more relaxed than Friday! It'll be nice to meet everyone so do come over and say hi whenever you see any of us wandering through!

Julia
                G4
                I know you were all running round non-stop last year and never seemed to get a break so here's hoping you at least all manage to stay in one place long enough to catch your breath this year

Looking forward to seeing you next week *squee*

Comment

5 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Just a quick "Hullo" and hug ((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))) before I leave out of here for the airport in a few hours. Have a list of internet cafes () so I'll try to sneak in here from Central London before I get over to the Ren on Thursday afternoon.

If not.... I wish safe travel for all to the con no matter how you may be getting there. (Me... I'm like that smiley Rune posted... up in the sky flapping my pine branches in my hands, trying to gain some altitude to coast on over.... )

*excited SQUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!*

((((ALL)))))

See you soon!

Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                    My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by Feli View Post
                      LOL! But shouldn't they be wearing pink...?
                      Underwear.

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                        Hi Everyone,

Can I join the queue for hugs, Julia, Kay and everyone else on GABIT staff you guy are amazing, thank you from the bottom of my heart for helping my dreams of meeting Amanda come true, I can't wait to meet you all, you guy rock!

Julia(samcarterrules)
                        They're as huggable as Amanda, you just have to catch them standing still - that's the trick!

Comment

Originally posted by Lida View Post
                          Ok, I really need help, there is NO way I'm going to be ready by next Wednesday. I just received 6 boxes of stuff I ordered.....including a larger suitcase. There is just no way......my credit card is at the "are you totally nuts???" point and I have no place left in the house to get everything out and pack. So far, everything I ordered fits, including comfomfy shoes for horrible "travel" days, easy on, easy off, butter soft.....but I don't know what shoes to take for the trip part. I'm short, so I need height, but the ones I have are just not that broken in yet. Darn!

I'm rambling....I'm also a nervous wreck. OK, I have to go the post office and store, NOW! Later........ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          Lida, b-r-e-a-t-h-e deeply ... all will be well. Travel light if you can ... aside from cocktail party, the weekend is informal and fun. So happy that you can be going this year. Once you're there all worries will fade away!

Bon voyage to you and all Gabiteers!

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                            It's a poster, actually, and it's come back quite lovely. To see the tapestry of a couple of hundred hand-written messages and signatures from all over the world in all different handwriting, ink colors, etc., and most of them are such thoughtful little notes. I was honored to put it together, I don't think I realized just how much genuine warmth and affection there truly was out there for Amanda until I began sorting through them all. So many of the messages are simply touching and I think they all really represent the myriad of diverse people that Amanda has managed to have a positive impact on over the years. She's truly a very special lady with very special fans!!

Hugs!
                            mg
                            So beautifully put, mg. I'm sure it was a labor of love on your part.

It's so fitting that, as the show ends, Amanda receives this kind of tribute from her fans. Perfect timing! Can't wait to see the photo of you and Denise presenting!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
                              They're as huggable as Amanda, you just have to catch them standing still - that's the trick!
                              What, no flying tackles? B-O-R-I-N-G

Ooh, my train tickets arrived! Whoop!
                              scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
                                What, no flying tackles? B-O-R-I-N-G

Ooh, my train tickets arrived! Whoop!
                                Flying tackles? A girl after my own heart! My nickname at debating in my second year used to be a mickey take of Alien: the Trace Hugger. I'llbe permanently attached if you give me half a chance!

ETA: I came home to find a gift wrapped box on the table. My mum had bought me the most gorgeous pair of bright pink shoes that I shall be wearing with my black dress for the cocktail party. I may even wear them to the pink disco.
                                Last edited by Tracy Jane; 11 November 2006, 10:14 AM.
                                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Working...
                                X