GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strix varia View Post
    Okay, so the popcorn hitting me is from minigeek, and the cups are from scarimor.

I guess this will be my karmic payment for all those food fights I've started over the years...
    (Suddenly appears behind delinquents, hands on hips)

HEY!! I hope you kids are going to clear up after yourselves!

Kay aka Mumsey
    (Turns around and stalks off before they see her grinning.)
    For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
      ooh excitement!

*tickles Shimmeringstar*
      *throws paper cups at Strix and minigeek*
      *pulls faces at TJ across the aisle*
      LOL! Why do I get the feeling we'll be the section they'll be giving the arched eyebrow and evil eye to for rowdiness???!

Yeah, Sky, American has the same on their website too... (https://www.aa.com/apps/netSAAver/Vi...motionContent). I'll be fine on the way over - it'll be night and the camera will be in my tote/purse.

Now this may be a really stupid questionm re: the return trip back here, but.... for the most important things... like the credit cards, the cash and the ID (passport/etc.) - we're allowed to have that on us? I can hang with having the camera up in my carryon on the flight back because it's a daytime flight, I'll be awake & will be bringing a lock for the carryon to put on it once I'm on the plane. Not so thrilled about putting those important 3 things up there. Guess if we put in our jacket pocket it should be okay? Any thoughts, ideas, knowledge on that one?
      Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
      My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar View Post
        *grins* You and Amber will be right in front of me then. ((((LJ))))
        LOL! I know. For me it's 10 days and I think I'm pretending it's not! I've got 3 boxes going.... one for clothes, one for misc, one for gifts and misc... but I still probably only have 1/2 my stuff thrown in there. And have nervously eyed the suitcases wondering if it's going to fit!
        I can't remember if we have any Aussies coming, but I know there're at least two attendees from the U.S. West Coast.

RE: packing... I could probably do the throwing the stuff in the suitcases thing too, but being worried I'm going to forget something important... and with my leaving here the weekend before AT2, I think I'll start doing my test packing this weekend (Thank goodness next Friday is a federal holiday, so if I need to do any last minute shopping I'll be free to run out early and do it!)
        Yeah I have a huge pile as well that I need to pick through. It's hard to decide which items to take for two weeks and manage to get them to fit into as small of a suitcase as possible. I really don't want to lug a ton of luggage around all over the UK.

Comment

well, for me, 2 carryons on the way over. that'll have an emergency change of clothes, amusement stuff, teh necessities electronics wise, camera, voice recorder, pda, etc,

on teh way home i only get one, cool. i'll not care about clothing since i'm going home so i'll use one of my carryones as a check, check two bags and jsut keep the essentials with me.

my memory cards, electronics (they don't want you to check those anyway) and irreplacible stuff like my autos etc

the only thing i don't like, i only have an hour at o'hare outbound to switch planes (and for them to swap my luggage) but on teh way back i have two

kinda wish it was the other way on the way back. i can stand to 'lose' stuff more on the way back - it'll mainly be dirty clothes anyway - than i can on the way out

but that's just how it is and i'll jsut lump it
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
            (Suddenly appears behind delinquents, hands on hips)

HEY!! I hope you kids are going to clear up after yourselves!

Kay aka Mumsey
            (Turns around and stalks off before they see her grinning.)

Too Late
            sigpic

Comment

The other side from Scari? Thank God for small mercies!

As for far flung travellers, I know someone coming over from NZ.
              Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                The other side from Scari? Thank God for small mercies!
                HEY!

*lobs disintegrating cheese'n'pickle sandwich*

scarimor

Comment

*giggles as it hits Kat*
                  Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

HEY!

*lobs disintegrating cheese'n'pickle sandwich*

Mumsey, obviously, scarimor is an instigator.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                      *giggles as it hits Kat*
                      Darn!

Originally posted by Strix varia View Post
                      Mumsey, obviously, scarimor is an instigator.
                      *hides now*
                      scarimor

Comment

*hides now*
                        Hey! Stop trying to hide behind me!

*grips halo above head tightly*
                        Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                        My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar View Post
                          *grins* You and Amber will be right in front of me then. ((((LJ))))
                          LOL! I know. For me it's 10 days and I think I'm pretending it's not! I've got 3 boxes going.... one for clothes, one for misc, one for gifts and misc... but I still probably only have 1/2 my stuff thrown in there. And have nervously eyed the suitcases wondering if it's going to fit!
                          I can't remember if we have any Aussies coming, but I know there're at least two attendees from the U.S. West Coast.

RE: packing... I could probably do the throwing the stuff in the suitcases thing too, but being worried I'm going to forget something important... and with my leaving here the weekend before AT2, I think I'll start doing my test packing this weekend (Thank goodness next Friday is a federal holiday, so if I need to do any last minute shopping I'll be free to run out early and do it!)
                          Yes, most definitely a rowdy bunch!!((((SS))))

In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                          so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                          Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                          Hic Comitas Regit
                          Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                          Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Originally posted by AmberMoon View Post
                            Hey LadyJeep, I'm in G13...it's nice to know I'm sitting next to someone who I'll get to know after I get there.

I sorta have a pile of stuff thrown in a corner for the trip. I guess I should dig the suitcase out of the shed but that would be too much like work.
                            I couldn't believe it when I saw the seating! I can't wait to get there!!!!

As for packing, I'm still in the planning stages
                            In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                            so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                            Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                            Hic Comitas Regit
                            Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                            Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Originally posted by shimmeringstar
                              Now this may be a really stupid questionm re: the return trip back here, but.... for the most important things... like the credit cards, the cash and the ID (passport/etc.) - we're allowed to have that on us? I can hang with having the camera up in my carryon on the flight back because it's a daytime flight, I'll be awake & will be bringing a lock for the carryon to put on it once I'm on the plane. Not so thrilled about putting those important 3 things up there. Guess if we put in our jacket pocket it should be okay? Any thoughts, ideas, knowledge on that one?
                              You mean flying out of the UK? Yep, you can keep those things on you no problem, in your pocket, wallet, under the seat, etc etc

What I would say to those of you flying back out to the US or wherever is to make sure you get to Heathrow / Gatwick with plenty of time to spare before they flight leaves, they usually advise 3 hrs and at peak times it gets pretty crazy. When I flew to Canada last week the longest time-trap was for the security checks line, which stretched on forever and although it was moving, boy it was slow.

They also have people on hand in the line to advise (and relieve you of) what you can and can't take on planes which is still bits like toothpaste and liquids etc but there is a Boots chemists airside so you can re-stock.

*checks calendar* have you all cancelled the milk & papers?

Comment

15 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X