GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
    Sounds like fun - I need some Brit to introduce me to the finer ales since this is my first trip to England.
    I think I may just sit in the bar and drink cocktails with pink umbrellas instead.

Comment

33 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
        Oh silly Kliggy-Wiggie, my kilt's for special days
        And when I wear it, a ripple of excitement I do raise
        The girls, including the G4, will laugh and grin like fools
        If they ever get a glimpse of HyperSmileyGuy's crown jewels!

I'm tempted to... ach, what the heck, I can't resist- this song is for the folks who aren't scots, a wee bit of Andy Stewart!

Donald, Where's Yer Troosers?

Just got in from the Isle of Skye
        I'm not very big and I'm awfully shy
        The ladies shout as I go by
        Donald where's your troosers?

Chorus:
        Let the winds blow high,
        Let the winds blow low,
        Down the street in my kilt I go
        And all the ladies say hello

A lady took me to a ball
        And it was slippery in the hall
        I was afraid that I would fall
        'Cause I didn't have on my troosers

Chorus:

They'd like to wed me everyone
        Just let them catch me if they can
        You canna put the brakes on a highland man
        Who doesn't like wearing troosers.

Chorus:

To wear the kilt is my delight,
        It isn't wrong, I know it's right.
        The highlanders would get afright
        If they saw me in my troosers.

Chorus:

Well I caught a cold and me nose was raw
        I had no handkerchief at all
        So I hiked up my kilt and I gave it a blow,
        Now you can't do that with troosers.

Chorus:

Meaning of unusual words:
        troosers=trousers (or pants in the US)

For the folks who don't know me, I'm the Gabit staff team's resident jock *grin*.

Looking forward to seeing everyone soon!

AT4- coming in 2009

'Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.' - General MacArthur

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
          I think I may just sit in the bar and drink cocktails with pink umbrellas instead.
          Now I have to go and find some pink umbrellas to bring along along for all my drinks.

For anyone flying who is interested, I flew yesterday and they are now letting you bring small quantities of liquids and gels in carryon. Less then 3 ounces and you have to send it through security in a clear plastic bag. Of course, that may change again before next month.

I also unintentionally practiced for my flight to London. I think my longest segment will be about 8 hours. Spent 6 on a plan yesterday on what should have been a little over an hour flight. I will have to make sure I have longer books to take on the London flight.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelspook View Post
            I'm tempted to... ach, what the heck, I can't resist- this song is for the folks who aren't scots, a wee bit of Andy Stewart!

Just got in from the Isle of Skye
            I'm not very big and I'm awfully shy
            The ladies shout as I go by
            Bravo Kelspook
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kelspook View Post

<snippetty doo-dah>
              Looking forward to seeing everyone soon!
              Oyyyy, I am going to have that in my head ALL evening now thank you so much, I'm sure we have it on an old LP somewhere too

We can all expect a command performance of this on stage at AT2 then right?

Looking forward to seeing you too *squee!*

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                hi everyone,

I just found this thread, I'm going to GABIT its my first con, I chose GABIT because I get to spend the weekend with Amanda and people who understand why I like her and Stargate SG1 so much. I'm traveling from Arbroath, Scotland.

I use the GABIT forum as well my username is iloveamanda

samcarterrules
                Welcome to GW and the Gabit Thread. If AT2 is anywhere near what it was like last year, I'm sure we're all going to have an amazing time!

Comment

Originally posted by Rune View Post
                  Oyyyy, I am going to have that in my head ALL evening now thank you so much, I'm sure we have it on an old LP somewhere too

We can all expect a command performance of this on stage at AT2 then right?

Looking forward to seeing you too *squee!*
                  You have it on an old what? I don't know that that is.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins View Post
                    You have it on an old what? I don't know that that is.
                    *rolls eyes* Long Player, Kliggy Don't you remember those flat, round, vinyl things called records?

Hmmm, on second thoughts maybe they're too modern for you, and gramophones too of course, in fact I guess in your heyday most music was played on the crumhorn, dulcimer and serpent

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                      LOL! As one who won't be doing the ales and umbrella drinks... I think I may have to be the designated driver walker stalker herder, uh, elbow pusher to help everyone get back to their rooms. *eyes all the pink eyes in thread* Shall I put Visine on my shopping list for next weekend?

Although who knows what time we may ever get back to our humble temporary abodes...

Just so I know how to get Bev back to her room.... What color did you say that ball of string/yarn was?
                      Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                      My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by Rune View Post
                        *rolls eyes* Long Player, Kliggy Don't you remember those flat, round, vinyl things called records?

Hmmm, on second thoughts maybe they're too modern for you, and gramophones too of course, in fact I guess in your heyday most music was played on the crumhorn, dulcimer and serpent
                        I have no idea what you are talking about or what any of those things are. I must be too young to know. You must be very old if you know about all those things. *smirks*
                        sigpic

Comment

32 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins View Post
                            I have no idea what you are talking about or what any of those things are. I must be too young to know. You must be very old if you know about all those things. *smirks*
                            Awww Kliggy, Kliggy, Kliggy, you poor ol' thing you, there is a very useful invention available on the Internet - I'll say it again slowly for you, In-ter-net, that is called a search engine Yes, I know you know what a steam engine is but this is a little different, maybe if you ever become 21st century savvy I suggest you try it

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar View Post
                              Just so I know how to get Bev back to her room.... What color did you say that ball of string/yarn was?
                              I vote we just hitch a long automatic cable to Bev's belt with the other end left trailing from her room Then at the end of the revelry we can flip the switch and Bev will be reeled back to beddy-byes Easy huh?

I think Kliggy is going to the vets to get a tracking chip put in, you can't imagine the paperwork Baggie, Bev, SeaBee & I had to wade thgrough last year (not to mention the bribes *shudder*) in orderto spring her back out from Battersea Dogs Home after she'd been picked up wandering the streets after taking a wrong turning in Corridor C

Comment

Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL) View Post
                                32 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!
                                Whoop!Whoop!Whoop!

Comment

Working...
                                X