GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kliggins
    I doubt there is an official one yet. Possibly Becky, Mumsey or Julia will pop in and confirm or deny that. I believe registration was Friday around 1:00 p.m. last year. The cocktail party was at 7:30 on Friday night and I think the panels started around 10:00 and everything else ran from there. We sort of went with the flow as things didn't always run according to the schedule. There probably will be a schedule of events in your registration package. I do have last years if you want to see it, but it may not be the same. Anybody from last year jump in and correct me if I have it wrong.
    Coincidentally, I have been working on honing the schedule this very day.
    Loosely, registration opens at 2pm Friday and closes at 5.30 pm. Opening 8 am on Saturday and Sunday. The Cocktail party doors open at 6.30, food at 7pm, a tad earlier than last year. The schedule for last year is not the same as for this year, although obviously it is similar. You will all get a schedule in your registration pack when you arrive and we do try to keep to time as best as we can. Anyone who is coming to the Cocktail Party and knows they will miss normal Registration opening hours on the Friday needs to let us know by private email so that we can arrange to have their registration packs available for collection before the Party, as they will need their invitation and badge to get in. Hope this answers a few queries.

Julia
    G4
    To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR
      Loosely, registration opens at 2pm Friday and closes at 5.30 pm. Opening 8 am on Saturday and Sunday. The Cocktail party doors open at 6.30, food at 7pm, a tad earlier than last year. The schedule for last year is not the same as for this year, although obviously it is similar. You will all get a schedule in your registration pack when you arrive and we do try to keep to time as best as we can. Anyone who is coming to the Cocktail Party and knows they will miss normal Registration opening hours on the Friday needs to let us know by private email so that we can arrange to have their registration packs available for collection before the Party, as they will need their invitation and badge to get in. Hope this answers a few queries.

Julia
      G4
      Thanks for the info Julia. i get into Euston at 15:47. Hopefully i'll get to the hotel in time.

Comment

Originally posted by St@rbuck
        I decided i have to go to gabit so i'm just gona go on the saturday and fly down early and leave as late as possible, i know i will kick myself if i miss the whole thing

I dont know tho im gona go for one day, i cant decide between sat and sunday tho

XXX
        Yay St@rbuck
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR

Julia
          G4
          Scary; *cue Twilight Zone music* Thanks Julia
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by St@rbuck
            I decided i have to go to gabit so i'm just gona go on the saturday and fly down early and leave as late as possible, i know i will kick myself if i miss the whole thing

I dont know tho im gona go for one day, i cant decide between sat and sunday tho

XXX
            Aww, well at least you get to come for one day! Hmm, decisions...decisions. I'm sure both days will be packed with lots of fun things to do, but if you come on Saturday you'll get to have your photo taken with Amanda and attend the auction Saturday night. But if you go on Saturday you'll miss out on tearful good-byes on Sunday. It's definitely a hard decision, but I'm sure you'll make the right choice.

Kat

Comment

43 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                Aww, well at least you get to come for one day! Hmm, decisions...decisions. I'm sure both days will be packed with lots of fun things to do, but if you come on Saturday you'll get to have your photo taken with Amanda and attend the auction Saturday night. But if you go on Saturday you'll miss out on tearful good-byes on Sunday. It's definitely a hard decision, but I'm sure you'll make the right choice.

Kat
                I'm gona come on sat coz it's easier to ge home

And i want my pic with Amanda the trains go back later so i wont have to rush home

I can't wait i'm so glad i can go for at least one day

XXX

Comment

Where did you find the one day passes online?

Renate
                  Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                  William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                  Anon

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch

Renate
                    Information can be found here:-

http://gabitevents.co.uk/registrationA.htm

Julia
                    G4
                    To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch

Renate
                      Mines not a one day pass i bought if for the weekend, but i can't stay for the weekend unfortunatley so i'm going for the day on sat

XX

Comment

42 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Sorry, I was referring to the one day tube passes. I have a weekend tic for Gabit.
                          Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                          William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                          Anon

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
                            For those travelling between Heathrow and central London, an alternative to travelling by tube is the Heathrow Express:

http://www.heathrowexpress.com/

It runs between Heathrow and Paddington Station, and it's much faster than the tube journey.
                            Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                            Unfortunately, it's a tad expensive for those of us traveling from the US/Canada. At $52.00 per person round trip, it's a lot cheaper to get a day pass on the tube. A seven day travel card(zones 1-6) will only cost you $80.00 and that will give you access to all tube, trams, DLR, and National Rail trains within those zones, as well as give you a 33% discount on scheduled riverboat services. Tube day passes can be purchased in increments of 1, 3 or 7 days and can be bought online as well.

Now granted, if time is an issue or if you are toting a lot of luggage I would definitely suggest the Express; but for just daily sight seeing trips from Heathrow to London, the tube is the way to go.
                            Yep scarimor - that's what I'm doing when I come in - the Heathrow Express 13.59 pounds one way into central London. The site says it takes about 15 minutes between London and Heathrow I'll arrange for transportation to the Ren later in the week once I'm there.

But I'm also doing the London Pass with the travelcard too, Kat, so I can sightsee without having to worry about waiting in long lines to pay admission, hop the bus or the Tube and not have to worry about driving.

I know this may not help rderoch, since you're looking for a travelcard alone, but here's a link to the London Pass site: http://www.londonpass.com/index_transport.asp
                            Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                            My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

41 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                                But I'm also doing the London Pass with the travelcard too, Kat, so I can sightsee without having to worry about waiting in long lines to pay admission, hop the bus or the Tube and not have to worry about driving.
                                I got my London passes in the mail yesterday! Woot!

My LJ

Comment

Working...
                                X