Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
    Hi!

I was just wondering, out of curiosity, is there a list on this thread of how many of you lucky schmoes are going?
    *whispers* Spaz... I thought we'd agreed you were going to try to stowaway in my carry-on luggage?

((((Spaz))))) Wish you were coming. Was wonderful to meet you at Shore Leave. But you and all of our other GW friends will be definitely be there in spirit with us.
    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
    My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
      Kat sorry about your suitcase - I think since I will be flying on Thursday night arriving on Friday and flying back on Monday I'm just going to go with a carry-on and camera bag.

Now I do need to check on what transportation from the airport to the hotel is like.
      Nora, I'm flying overnight, too. You're flying into Heathrow, right? What time do you arrive? Maybe we could ride to the hotel together (so I don't get lost)
      In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
      so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
      Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
      Hic Comitas Regit
      Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
      Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
        Shall I bring some extra essentials such as shampoo and toothpaste for you? Though I'm pretty sure Marriott will provide you with most of those things, I'd be more than happy to bring anything you can't put into a carry-on. I normally come way overpacked as you may remember from Vancouver.
        Gosh Kat, I'm so glad you'll be there overpacked and all. I always forget something!

And thanks for all the ride info. I printed it out so I could memorize read it easier!
        In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
        so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
        Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
        Hic Comitas Regit
        Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
        Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
          *runs back to American Airlines to read their carry-on page again*

Here's what they were saying for AA as of last week. Right now, if I'm reading the page correctly, carry-ons (at least on American) seem to be okay, going and coming back, as long the bag doesn't contain prohibited items. (*pats camera on desk beside her*) I just worry because I *really* don't want to put my camera in checked baggage. I can hang with just carrying a book, some facial tissues, my wallet/important documents and nothing else - just let me carry my camera! (I have one layover both coming and going and would much rather lose the clothes than the camera!) *knocks on the wooden desk* Not that I want to lose my clothes!
          Tell me about it!! When I went to San Francisco last month I packed my camera in my checked luggage, because I was already carrying a 30-lb backpack, my daughters backpack full of toys and a carseat. I just assumed it would be safe, but when I got to my destination, I realized the TSA issued lock on my suit case had been removed and the zipper seam was popped from top to bottom with a nice little letter inside stating that it had been inspected. The first thought I had when I saw the damaged suitcase was 'Oh god, please let me camera be there. Please let it be ok. Why why why did I checked it! Stupid, stupid, stupid!! Thankfully the camera survived the inspection process.

Long story short, I didn't take any chances on the way home. I only allowed my daughter to pick two toys to put in her backpack so that it would be light enough for her to carry it herself and I carried my camera bag on to the plane with me as well. It will never leave my side again! LOL

My new motto: Suitcase straps...never leave home without 'em. I ended up having to buy two straps to keep my suitcase closed on the trip home and just my luck when I got my suitcase off the carousel, it was missing one of those as well.
          Last edited by ForeverSg1; 18 September 2006, 07:14 PM.

Comment

58 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
              Tell me about it!! When I went to San Francisco last month I packed my camera in my checked luggage, because I was already carrying a 30-lb backpack, my daughters backpack full of toys and a carseat. I just assumed it would be safe, but when I got to my destination, I realized the TSA issued lock on my suit case had been removed and the zipper seam was popped from top to bottom with a nice little letter inside stating that it had been inspected. The first thought I had when I saw the damaged suitcase was 'Oh god, please let me camera be there. Please let it be ok. Why why why did I checked it! Stupid, stupid, stupid!! Thankfully the camera survived the inspection process.

Long story short, I didn't take any chances on the way home. I only allowed my daughter to pick two toys to put in her backpack so that it would be light enough for her to carry it herself and I carried my camera bag on to the plane with me as well. It will never leave my side again! LOL

My new motto: Suitcase straps...never leave home without 'em. I ended up having to buy two straps to keep my suitcase closed on the trip home and just my luck when I got my suitcase off the carousel, it was missing one of those as well.
              TSA approved locks - *headsmack* Very important item I totally forgot about! (Well, I remembered it - having all those little locks from previous trips... hmmmm... which were all post-9/11, but I'm not sure they 'fly' anymore. Last flight was a bit over 2 years ago... Guess I need to add that and the just-in-case straps to my list, huh?

In other news.... Got my London Pass via mail yesterday. Spent the evening looking through one of the guidebooks before I fell asleep. *grins* So much to see... so little time!
              Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
              My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

57 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

Comment

56 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hi Folks,

TIME IS RUNNING OUT!

-> DEADLINE : OCTOBER, 2006 <-

FINAL AT2 / THANK YOU CARD Reminder!

If you wish for your personal message and signature to appear on the Amanda Tapping
                    THANK YOU FOR 10 YEARS OF SAM CARTER poster presentation to Amanda at AT2/GABIT (you don't have to be attending to have your message on the card!), please read the link below for more information.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=35627

IT'S EASY!

For those of you without scanners or unable to scan your writing into a computer, please simply forward your message to the email address [email protected] and I will place it into a handwriting font for the poster. You may also wish to include your local state/province/country for posterity in the note.

Pass on the good word, if you please, wherever you know there are fans of Sam and Amanda...

If you have no idea what this is all about ... see below!

Cheers & Hugs,

minigeek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

55 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

My last CD entry for a short while! I'm off to Vermont (USA) for a short while!!

Kliggins will be taking over now. She'll have the honour of annoucing the 50 days!!!!!

(((((((((((((all))))))))))))))

Comment

Originally posted by Uuzz
                        Hi!
                        time to introduce myself. Im Uuzz! (real name Andrea)
                        male, italian, big stargate fan (big surprise here, uh?) completely in love with AT/Sam.
                        I'm attending both AT2 and Avalon. (friday PM) my first conventions outside of italy...

what else...
                        i have no idea of what i'll do monday->friday...
                        lots of things to organize....

cant wait to meet you all.
                        Uuzz.

Ps. funny english? yes, probably it's me...
                        (yes. i'm lazy... it's the same post i wrote in the avalon thread...)
                        Your English is good, Uuzz!
                        scarimor

Comment

So, you chaps that were at AT1 - did you find some good places to eat around there last time? Recommendations?
                          scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by LadyJeep
                            Nora, I'm flying overnight, too. You're flying into Heathrow, right? What time do you arrive? Maybe we could ride to the hotel together (so I don't get lost)
                            Hey LJ - I just finalized booking my flighth yesterday - my travel agent will be emailing me the details of the flights and I will let you know as soon as I have the information.
                            My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

The Renaissance Heathrow hotel is really close to the airport, right? How much would a taxi cost? Or is there a shuttle directly - does anyone know?

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                                The Renaissance Heathrow hotel is really close to the airport, right? How much would a taxi cost? Or is there a shuttle directly - does anyone know?
                                http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=4423

scarimor

Comment

Working...
                                X