GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LadyJeep
    Amber thanks for asking and Rune for answering the very question I had, too!
    No problem LadyJeep, info can sometimes be tricky to pin down so if anyone coming from outside the UK has any questions like this just ask away, all us Brit-based Gabiteers are happy to help any way we can ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Rune
      Amber, this site will help you plan the rail journey, you just type in where you want to go ie London to Bristol and say what time you want to leave / arrive and it will give you options as well as telling you where you will need to change trains if applicable.

British Rail as an 'entity' doesn't exist any more, it's all different networks and companies but they will still all come up on the site. It only shows up to 3 months in advance but since you have time that's not a problem, you can also book via the site I believe

Shortest time to Bristol - assuming trains run of time is under 90 minutes.

Also there's the option of going via coach with National Express it's slower (fastest is 2hrs, slowest is 4) but it might be cheaper plus the coach will pick up from central London and Heathrow.

With which ticket to get a return will probably be cheaper but oncce it gets closer to the time it might be worth checking all the options.

I'd be happy to poke about online for you later and dig up any other info on travel n stuff if that helps at all, drop me a PM if you like

Thanks Rune for the info and the offer, I will definitely take you up on the digging around stuff as we get closer to the event.

BTW, do you know of any good tat shops in the area? I'm thinking I might want to squeeze in a tat since I'll be hanging around for a couple of days after AT2.

Comment

My brother goes top one in Canterbury which he says is very good, that might be do-able from London although f course there are lots in London anyway, especially around Camden, I can check up again and see what has good recommendations. I actually got one of mine in Bristol so if I go down that way I'll pop in athere too nd see if they are still a good place, I'm thinking of getting #6 so it's no trouble, I'll let you know when I get on it ^^

Comment

120 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

119 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Oh my, we are getting really close to that 100 day mark!

We are going to GaBit!
              We are going to GAbit!
              We are going to GABIT...
              to see Amanda soon.

Comment

I love ya MAL! You always keep me posted on how many days I have left to get my act together. LOL Thanks!!!
                On fighting:
                Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

118 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Drat, I was supposed to get this done before Mal got here. ! *runs in, sweeps the floor, dusts, and cleans the windows and turns the light down.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
                      Drat, I was supposed to get this done before Mal got here. ! *runs in, sweeps the floor, dusts, and cleans the windows and turns the light down.
                      Have you been having a wild party in here?? And you did not invite me :'(

Well next time i'll you!!

Comment

Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL)
                        Have you been having a wild party in here?? And you did not invite me :'(

Well next time i'll you!!
                        I would never do that; it was just a little dusty.
                        sigpic

Comment

117 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mal
                            117 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            *runs to the closet and digs out her kids old hobby horse*

*squeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*
                            Kliggy! Quick! Make clopping noises with coconut shells, I wanna do this with my usual degree of aplomb and dignity!

Comment

Originally posted by Rune
                              *runs to the closet and digs out her kids old hobby horse*

*squeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*
                              Kliggy! Quick! Make clopping noises with coconut shells, I wanna do this with my usual degree of aplomb and dignity!
                              *Hears Rune's voice and immediately jumps up and gets the coconut shells top make clopping noises so Rune will look dignified. Puts on cowboy hat just for good measure. *
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
                                *Hears Rune's voice and immediately jumps up and gets the coconut shells top make clopping noises so Rune will look dignified. Puts on cowboy hat just for good measure. *
                                Nice, and the 'tache suits you, but you forgot the spurs

*digs about in her closet*

There, that's bet-ter, Sherrif Kliggy rides swaggers into town ...
                                Last edited by Rune; 22 July 2006, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X