Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tsaxlady
    This is part of a new article on Stargate in the new SciFi magazine:

Amanda Tapping[On her fans] I've been incredibly touched by the wealth of endorsement I've received. A couple of years ago I went on a trip to the Middle East to support our troops and was presented with a friendship wristband crafted by some of them. The teams out there wear them as a mark of friendship and comradeship. It meant so much when they presented one to me. I wear it still. An amazing group of people called GABIT (Get Amanda back In Town) organized a "gathering" in London. I was a little nervous at first, wondering if anyone would buy tickets, and then worrinying that they would return their tickets, as I had to cancel twice. Once because of work commitments, the other because of an extremely important event - I became pregnant with my first child. Everyone was truly outstanding. They waited two years for me to appear, and when I did the outpouring of love and encouragement is something I will always cherish.
    (((Tsax))) thanks for sharing that, i feel all warm and fuzzy now. Here's to us all pouring out some more love in November.

Comment

146 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
        This is part of a new article on Stargate in the new SciFi magazine:

Amanda Tapping[On her fans] I've been incredibly touched by the wealth of endorsement I've received. A couple of years ago I went on a trip to the Middle East to support our troops and was presented with a friendship wristband crafted by some of them. The teams out there wear them as a mark of friendship and comradeship. It meant so much when they presented one to me. I wear it still. An amazing group of people called GABIT (Get Amanda back In Town) organized a "gathering" in London. I was a little nervous at first, wondering if anyone would buy tickets, and then worrinying that they would return their tickets, as I had to cancel twice. Once because of work commitments, the other because of an extremely important event - I became pregnant with my first child. Everyone was truly outstanding. They waited two years for me to appear, and when I did the outpouring of love and encouragement is something I will always cherish.
        Thanks Tsax. Can't wait to read the whole article.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
          Probably because they were wondering what all the other stuff in your suitcase was for!
          LOL! Seems you know me too well

Comment

Originally posted by Feli
            LOL! Seems you know me too well
            Feli! You're back again. Hi.
            sigpic

Comment

145 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL)
                145 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!
                SQUEEEEE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rune
                  SQUEEEEE!!!!
                  HyperSmileyGuy joins the fun
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                    HyperSmileyGuy joins the fun
                    Yay for HSG, it's not the same without him!

Comment

Originally posted by Rune
                      SQUEEEEE!!!!
                      ROFL at the dancing bunnies. A perfect complement to HSG.
                      sigpic

Comment

144 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!

Comment

OK, I'm out of the hospital and on the mend. I'll be mended enough to go to Shore Leave and in perfect shape for AT2 and Avalon. I'm too excited for words...or maybe just too tired from sitting at the computer too long the first time. Be back on full time next week for sure!!
                          In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                          so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                          Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                          Hic Comitas Regit
                          Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                          Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Originally posted by LadyJeep
                            OK, I'm out of the hospital and on the mend. I'll be mended enough to go to Shore Leave and in perfect shape for AT2 and Avalon. I'm too excited for words...or maybe just too tired from sitting at the computer too long the first time. Be back on full time next week for sure!!
                            Hope everything goes ok!!

143 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

CALL FOR SIGNATURES

!!! TIME IS RUNNING OUT !!!

A THANK YOU CARD

Hiya Ladies and Gents,

June's MONTHLY Reminder...

For those of you who don't (already) know, I've been working on a little GABIT - AT2 project. It has been approved by the awesome G4 GABIT crew (back in February), and is essentially a "Thank You" card to Amanda, for ten years of Sam Carter - from Amanda Fans everywhere.

Here's the plan.

To professionally print a poster-sized comic-book (esque) sketch ILLUSTRATION (which I have drawn) of Lt. Colonel Samantha Carter, decked out in full SG-1 gear - around which will be a whole bunch of signatures, accompanied by a small note of affection and/or encouragement for Amanda from her fans.

Amanda always signs autographs for her fans, I thought it'd be super cool to give her something signed by all of us for a change.

ChopinGal/Jester has generously agreed to write a simple poetic thank you phrase for the poster.

This is something we hope Amanda might want to keep, and something that would remind her of how much we've all loved watching her play Sam Carter for the past decade.

The poster will be presented to Amanda during the AT2 GABIT event.

So... how will all the fan signatures end up on the actual poster, you may ask??

Good question!

Signatures will appear exactly as they were written.

1. Choose your message.

2. Choose your pen color (mind you don't use a giant marker, I won't be able to give anyone more than about 350 pixels width so use a pen if you can).

3. Sign a WHITE PIECE OF PAPER as though you were signing a group birthday card.

4. Have your paper SCANNED into the computer as an image.
                              a) Save it as a JPG/TIF/BMP
                              b) Set the DPI at 300

If you don't know how, you can have it done at your local copy-centre (KINKOS etc), it won't cost more than a dollar or two at most. Or ask a friend! It's REALLY EASY so please don't feel intimidated.

If you're worried or unsure, just PM me and I'll help however I can. I also have about 100 "handwriting" fonts for those who absolutely cannot get their message handwritten and have to submit their message typed instead. So no one needs to be left out.

Remember, you've got as much space as indicated in the example image below. 250 characters or less

(Note this image is about 1/3 the "actual size" that YOUR image should be after it is scanned in)

When you're done you just email the attached file to:

FanSigsForAT @ gmail.com
                              Use the subject header "SIGNATURE FOR AT"

That's it!

All goes well, we should have a really great original kind of "Thank You" card for Amanda. Something with a personal touch from as many of her online fans as wish to participate.

Thanks guys so much for all your help in advance... spread the word if you can. Wherever you know there are fans of Amanda.

Love and hugs to you all !!

Cheers,
                              minigeek

________

Older Reference Materials:

Need HELP to get your signature scanned??
                              http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?p=4928852#post4928852

The Deadline for Submissions - October 1, 2006.

_______

-

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by LadyJeep
                                That's very good news LadyJeep . I've posted this on the Avalon attendees thread also, I know London attractions can more than fill the 5 days between AT2 and Avalon but if you want to visit the South East ( Kent and East Sussex) I can show you around . Tonbridge is 45 minutes from London by train and is home to the Samanda castle and there are lots of other interesting places around here. And since I have a 9 seater minibus the offer is open to others .
                                Meeting fellow GW this way would sort of minimise the disapointment of not beeing able to make either of the cons

Comment

Working...
                                X