No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

post con therapy - lots of warm liquids, lots of rest, decongestants and pain relievers as needed
    sigpic

Comment

Really sorry to hear that Mumsey. So far I have only gotten sick once and that was my first time at AT3. Since then - no problems. Thankfully! But please = don't give up on the hugs. That is one of the best parts of an AT event. You and Amanda give the best hugs! I guess we will have to get you one of those hazmat suits!
      sigpic

Comment

Still up and around but so incredibly weak! I went shopping for food with #1Son and felt decidedly poorly just before we went home. I have so much to do, and no energy to do it with.... Hazmat sounds good for AT8! Hope the others affected are dealing with it better than I am.
        For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

I caught a horrific dose of the flu at the Chevron that Amanda attended a couple of years ago - not from her I hasten to add!! ...it took about 5 weeks for me to recover......I'm afraid after that I put a ban on hugging & kissing even my closest friends at Cons, take tonnes of anti-bac handwash which I use before I put anything near my mouth and wash my hands as many times as I can with really hot water and lots of soap.....as a Diabetic I know it takes me longer to recover but this one was brutal...I did pick up a light head cold at ECCC last year but thankfully got over it within a few days...

I shall be using these rules at ECCC in a couple of weeks' time...although I think I might just give RDA a small hug if it's allowed at his photo op...

But it's a "no touch" rule for me now for as much as I can...

Hope all those who are poorly make a speedy recovery....

Deeds x
          sigpic
          Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
          MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

What an awful outcome! Hehehe - yep, hugging RDA (if allowed) might be worth the risk!
            sigpic

Comment

Definitely worth it....

Oh and with air travel being the worst place in the world for germs to spread (all that recycled air con!!) I also take 1000mg Vit C & a Turmeric capsule daily to build up my immune system....

Deeds xx
              sigpic
              Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
              MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

I never got ill after a Con. Even with all the hugs.
                Sleep deprived is another matter!
                sigpic
                My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                  I never got ill after a Con. Even with all the hugs.
                  Sleep deprived is another matter!
                  Same here - always sleep deprived - not caught anything (knock on wood!)
                  sigpic

Comment

Hi all, back home after travelling around after AT7. So sorry to hear about all those who are sick. I am fine so far, just rather tired. I decided to have the flu shot a few weeks ago and am glad now I did so. Mumsey, very sorry you were so sick but glad to hear you are on the mend. Claire, surely you have an SG1 hazmat suit in your collection so you could lend it to Mumsey for next time.

Will post more as time allows and as my brain clears but just want to say a couple of things.

First, apologies to Samfan13. With everything going on during the weekend I never did come seek you out. I hope you found some wonderful fans to meet and spend time with (there are lots of them at Gabit events) and I hope we will get the chance to meet one day.

Second, to Nicky, thanks for all the fun filled aggravation in the auction. Just so everyone knows, she did pay me for the pants! Also brought me chocolate, mints from her hometown and a lovely book about London. You were a great sport about the teasing regarding the pants.

Third, apologies to anyone who was annoyed by my excitement over the curling/hockey. It was all meant in good fun and I hope it was taken in the spirit it was intended. Honestly, major highlight for me to be watching curling with an international crowd and explaining the game to them. Also, huge thanks to Becky and the Tech team for allowing me to watch the last 10 minutes of the men's gold medal game on the laptop in the tech booth.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                      Hi all, back home after travelling around after AT7. So sorry to hear about all those who are sick. I am fine so far, just rather tired. I decided to have the flu shot a few weeks ago and am glad now I did so. Mumsey, very sorry you were so sick but glad to hear you are on the mend. Claire, surely you have an SG1 hazmat suit in your collection so you could lend it to Mumsey for next time.

Will post more as time allows and as my brain clears but just want to say a couple of things.

First, apologies to Samfan13. With everything going on during the weekend I never did come seek you out. I hope you found some wonderful fans to meet and spend time with (there are lots of them at Gabit events) and I hope we will get the chance to meet one day.

Second, to Nicky, thanks for all the fun filled aggravation in the auction. Just so everyone knows, she did pay me for the pants! Also brought me chocolate, mints from her hometown and a lovely book about London. You were a great sport about the teasing regarding the pants.

Third, apologies to anyone who was annoyed by my excitement over the curling/hockey. It was all meant in good fun and I hope it was taken in the spirit it was intended. Honestly, major highlight for me to be watching curling with an international crowd and explaining the game to them. Also, huge thanks to Becky and the Tech team for allowing me to watch the last 10 minutes of the men's gold medal game on the laptop in the tech booth.
                      You met Samfan but I don't think either of you realised, I introduced you when she joined us.
                      Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
                      If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
                        You met Samfan but I don't think either of you realised, I introduced you when she joined us.

Always confusing when we have online and real names, I'm bad enough with just one. It wasn't Annette, was it Jorke?

Comment

I'm Annette and we met multiple times (I even had a photo taken of the two of us )

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
                            I'm Annette and we met multiple times (I even had a photo taken of the two of us )
                            I'm old but not that old. You I know, I'm trying to place Samfan13.

Comment

It was Joke yeah, from the autograph session. I just tried to PM you but guess what, your inbox is still full.
                              Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
                              If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

And I need new glasses, what I responded to was clearly not what you had written

Comment

Working...
                                X