GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
    Sorry, I don't know the answer to that question. Hope someone can help.
    Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
    i helped- i rode the heathrow express quite a few times before and after AT5. it's flat and easy entry with lots of chair/scooter room. it's really the best way to go. quick and cheaper than a taxi.
    Yep, its sounds fine, so think we're going to try it. Looking forward to seeing London

Julia(samcarterrules)
    sigpic
    Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

spent 3 hours with a master carver today finishing up my practice carving. i have the actual box all cut out and almost all glued together. have lots of sanding to do tomorrow. and i am ready to start the actual carving for the lid of the puzzle box. it looks good and will be a really neat box-music box actually. have about 16 days to get it completely finished. have to figure ways to entertain Bubba so i can work on it. when i play the music movement he tips his back and forth-he likes the music. this is going to one neat puzzle box. get ready to bid.
      EH-T i just used the "bid" word.
      Did someone say bid?

I have been practicing for AT6 on the current S4K ebay auction. Gotta keep in practice.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

i helped- i rode the heathrow express quite a few times before and after AT5. it's flat and easy entry with lots of chair/scooter room. it's really the best way to go. quick and cheaper than a taxi.
        I thought it should be chair friendly, but had no experience of that line. It was built relatively recently and with easy access in mind.

Mumsey
        For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

dunno if this is of any help
          https://www.heathrowexpress.com/onboard/accessibility
          https://www.heathrowexpress.com/File...April-2008.pdf

although it seems to be the train and not busses.

my memories of london busses were that they all have wheelchair/scooter room but i've just ridden a handful
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I leave in 2 weeks and a day! Eeep!
            ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
            ames on facebook
            ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

22 days til AT6 Ripples!!
              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Rode an elephant today
                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

i have just made the hardest decision of my life. i was up almost all night thinking and praying about it. i have to give up my Bubba. i worked so hard to train him and stuff, but he is just too much for me to handle. he's fine at home, but almost got away from me yesterday when 2 kids surprised us on a bike and a scooter. i don't know what he would have done if he got away from me. and he is absolutely obsessed by squirrels. all he does is look up in the trees for them during our walks and when he is in the yard. he is afrain of so many things because he was never socialized as a puppy and all the desensitizing is just too much for me to handle from the scooter. he needs to be with younger people who can deal with his energy level which is very high and with his socialization. i've been crying all night and still am. it's absolutely breaking my heart. i love my Bubba the Moose so much and he is extremely attached to me. but last night after the thing with the kids , the stress hit me and i started to get a headache and a heaviness in my chest and i just can't do it any more. i've tried so hard but i just can't do it. it will be better for him in the long run but right now its killing me. this is so painful but it has to be done-the hardest thing i have ever done. God be with me.

Comment

Oh Susan! He's such a lovely dog, but you have to think of what's best for both of you. He's so big, and think of the heartache if he got away from you and into traffic. You'd never forgive yourself. He's young and healthy and there must be somebody out there who will give him the love and attention he needs, and be able to cope with his youthful exuberance. They will also be able to benefit from the hard work you have put into him. You have given him a good start. Think how worried you would be when you come here for AT6. You wouldn't be able to relax and enjoy your holiday.

(((((Mocha and Bubba)))))
                    For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      dunno if this is of any help
                      https://www.heathrowexpress.com/onboard/accessibility
                      https://www.heathrowexpress.com/File...April-2008.pdf

although it seems to be the train and not busses.

my memories of london busses were that they all have wheelchair/scooter room but i've just ridden a handful
                      Ooh, thank you!!

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                      Rode an elephant today
                      Oh that is so cool!!

i have just made the hardest decision of my life. i was up almost all night thinking and praying about it. i have to give up my Bubba. i worked so hard to train him and stuff, but he is just too much for me to handle. he's fine at home, but almost got away from me yesterday when 2 kids surprised us on a bike and a scooter. i don't know what he would have done if he got away from me. and he is absolutely obsessed by squirrels. all he does is look up in the trees for them during our walks and when he is in the yard. he is afrain of so many things because he was never socialized as a puppy and all the desensitizing is just too much for me to handle from the scooter. he needs to be with younger people who can deal with his energy level which is very high and with his socialization. i've been crying all night and still am. it's absolutely breaking my heart. i love my Bubba the Moose so much and he is extremely attached to me. but last night after the thing with the kids , the stress hit me and i started to get a headache and a heaviness in my chest and i just can't do it any more. i've tried so hard but i just can't do it. it will be better for him in the long run but right now its killing me. this is so painful but it has to be done-the hardest thing i have ever done. God be with me.
                      Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                      Oh Susan! He's such a lovely dog, but you have to think of what's best for both of you. He's so big, and think of the heartache if he got away from you and into traffic. You'd never forgive yourself. He's young and healthy and there must be somebody out there who will give him the love and attention he needs, and be able to cope with his youthful exuberance. They will also be able to benefit from the hard work you have put into him. You have given him a good start. Think how worried you would be when you come here for AT6. You wouldn't be able to relax and enjoy your holiday.

Yeah, I agree with Mumsey, its hard but you have given him everything you could. You've helped him by setting him on the right path, that can only help him to find the right home. *hugs Mocha and Bubba*

Julia(samcarterrules)
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

So sorry to hear this, but you know what is best for both of you. Find a good family for him and make sure he will never move again. That is what he (and you) both need.
                        sigpic

Comment

Oh I'm sorry about Bubba. Like the others have said, you have put him on the right track.

None of you will be surprised that I slipped up on the whole culturely appropriate modest dress thing and walked through a small village in my boxers. After riding an elephant bare back into the river for bathing and getting sprayed with its trunk over and over I forgot myself and wandered back to the hotel in the boxers I was wearing instead of togs (a swim suit). IT WAS AWESOME.
                          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post

I think this was the right thing to do.

Much huggage in a few weeks Norm XoX

Comment

i have just made the hardest decision of my life. i was up almost all night thinking and praying about it. i have to give up my Bubba.
                              Spoiler:
                              i worked so hard to train him and stuff, but he is just too much for me to handle. he's fine at home, but almost got away from me yesterday when 2 kids surprised us on a bike and a scooter. i don't know what he would have done if he got away from me. and he is absolutely obsessed by squirrels. all he does is look up in the trees for them during our walks and when he is in the yard. he is afrain of so many things because he was never socialized as a puppy and all the desensitizing is just too much for me to handle from the scooter. he needs to be with younger people who can deal with his energy level which is very high and with his socialization. i've been crying all night and still am. it's absolutely breaking my heart. i love my Bubba the Moose so much and he is extremely attached to me. but last night after the thing with the kids , the stress hit me and i started to get a headache and a heaviness in my chest and i just can't do it any more. i've tried so hard but i just can't do it. it will be better for him in the long run but right now its killing me. this is so painful but it has to be done-the hardest thing i have ever done. God be with me.
                              *hugs* Sorry to hear Mocha.
                              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Mocha, I was thinking of you tonight. We all empathise and those of us with dogs feel terrible for you. Hugs.
                                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Working...
                                X