No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i leave tomorrow but haven't gotten much of anything packed yet. good thing its an evening flight. i know i'll forget something important. getting nervous and excited.

Comment

Hahahaha! I have spent the last few days packing and repacking- now 9 hours before my flight I think to actually check the baggage allowances. Between when I got my ticket and now, Singapore airline has increased the allowance from 23kg to 30kg! HAHAHA! I WANT TO KICK SOMETHING.

Good news is that everyone will get their Tim Tams *and* I can repack the books for the library my friend is starting in a Nepali vilalge preschool.
      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

leave in 8 hours and i'm on the computer and trying to decide what to do 1st. laundry? clean scooter? get gas in the car? pack?

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
          leave in 8 hours and i'm on the computer and trying to decide what to do 1st. laundry? clean scooter? get gas in the car? pack?
          Well if you need some of the laundry for the trip - then that should be first. While that is happening if you need gas to get to the airport - that should be next. Packing is very important so that should come in third (but only if the laundry is required - if not move up gas and packing to first and second). And last - clean the scooter. Give that the lowest priority because dirty or not - everyone will want to come up and hug you anyways! See problem solved!
          sigpic

Comment

surprisingly i actually got everything done. didn't get gas tho-there's about half a tank. it won't freeze. Abby knows something is up, she looks worried. i'm gonna miss her. leave for airport in just under 2 hours. i really don't like planes, will be glad when that part is over. can't wait to see how the Ren looks with all the remodeling.

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
              hehe - only thing I have ready is I picked up some English pounds. Nothing else done - still have to wash some of my clothes. Will pack on Monday - leaving Tuesday. And found a friend to stay at my house so it won't be alone!
              Apparently there's a really bad storm going on in England right now so I hope it calms down so there are no disappointed folks trying to get to AT7. I leave Wednesday with fingers crossed for everyone…

Donamac

Comment

Originally posted by donamac View Post
                Apparently there's a really bad storm going on in England right now so I hope it calms down so there are no disappointed folks trying to get to AT7. I leave Wednesday with fingers crossed for everyone…

Donamac
                *looks out the window*

Where?

The main issue this week is the wind, it's disrupted rail routes by bringing down trees. Another low pressure system is making its way over but the weather for the weekend is looking pretty good. The only snow so far is up North and in Scotland. I'm just over an hour outside London and there's been no sign of snow.
                Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
                If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Originally posted by donamac View Post

Donamac
                  It's been pretty rough with one storm after another coming over on the Jet Stream, but they assure us that things are going to be a bit calmer for next week. There is another low pressure system on its way, but it's not as deep as recent ones and although it will dump more rain, the winds won't be so bad. Good news for those flying in, although as I understand it , Heathrow hasn't been too badly affected during the bad storms.

Mumsey
                  For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                    It's been pretty rough with one storm after another coming over on the Jet Stream, but they assure us that things are going to be a bit calmer for next week. There is another low pressure system on its way, but it's not as deep as recent ones and although it will dump more rain, the winds won't be so bad. Good news for those flying in, although as I understand it , Heathrow hasn't been too badly affected during the bad storms.

Mumsey
                    Thanks for the reassurance, Mumsey--They always do show the worst on the news. It really looked awful with pouring rain and huge waves hitting the shore. I'm so looking forward to seeing you all again after missing AT6. Only a few more days…

Hugs, Donamac

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                      Nice!

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                      Hahahaha! I have spent the last few days packing and repacking- now 9 hours before my flight I think to actually check the baggage allowances. Between when I got my ticket and now, Singapore airline has increased the allowance from 23kg to 30kg! HAHAHA! I WANT TO KICK SOMETHING.

Good news is that everyone will get their Tim Tams *and* I can repack the books for the library my friend is starting in a Nepali vilalge preschool.
                      Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
                      surprisingly i actually got everything done. didn't get gas tho-there's about half a tank. it won't freeze. Abby knows something is up, she looks worried. i'm gonna miss her. leave for airport in just under 2 hours. i really don't like planes, will be glad when that part is over. can't wait to see how the Ren looks with all the remodeling.
                      Safe journey to you both

So my niece and her boyfriend would like to visit Portsmouth to see HMS Victory. Anyone been there and have any advice?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post

Mumsey
                        Thanks for the update mumsey. I'm so nervous about the flight. Having to come from Australia we first have to get past the volcanic eruption in Indonesia (hope the volcano behaves) and then hopefully we won't have any trouble trying to get into London because of the wind and rain.

There's no way I'm going to miss this event though! I have been waiting for 15 years to meet Amanda! And I want to spend my weekend with all my new friends I won't let it slip between my fingers!
                        sigpic
                        Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

Originally posted by Samfan13 View Post
                          Thanks for the update mumsey. I'm so nervous about the flight. Having to come from Australia we first have to get past the volcanic eruption in Indonesia (hope the volcano behaves) and then hopefully we won't have any trouble trying to get into London because of the wind and rain.

There's no way I'm going to miss this event though! I have been waiting for 15 years to meet Amanda! And I want to spend my weekend with all my new friends I won't let it slip between my fingers!
                          15 years - whoa! Well I can assure you - you won't be disappointed. She is lovely to meet, gives great hugs - and you better make sure you get one, smiles are beautiful and as a person - you couldn't ask to meet someone nicer - they just don't exist!

And don't worry about landing at Heathrow....been told my someone that lives only a few miles from there that the weather is wet but not flooding, no snow and Heathrow is well equipped to handle it all. Landed in rain there before - no problems. See you there!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                            So my niece and her boyfriend would like to visit Portsmouth to see HMS Victory. Anyone been there and have any advice?
                            Coming with two people this time - hmmmm! Want another relative? Looking forward to seeing you there. Have a good flight. I leave on Tuesday via Iceland - maybe I'll be lucky and actually see the aurora borealis!
                            sigpic

Comment

Coming with two people this time - hmmmm! Want another relative? Looking forward to seeing you there. Have a good flight. I leave on Tuesday via Iceland - maybe I'll be lucky and actually see the aurora borealis!
                              That's on my bucket list! We did get to see it on a flight back from Canada one year. It was only fleeting and, oddly, almost on a level with the plane. Just like a white net curtain. I'd like to see it properly though. Maybe on one of the Alaskan or Norwegian cruises. One day.....

See you all soon. Safe travels.

Mumsey
                              For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

15 years - whoa! Well I can assure you - you won't be disappointed. She is lovely to meet, gives great hugs - and you better make sure you get one, smiles are beautiful and as a person - you couldn't ask to meet someone nicer - they just don't exist!

And don't worry about landing at Heathrow....been told my someone that lives only a few miles from there that the weather is wet but not flooding, no snow and Heathrow is well equipped to handle it all. Landed in rain there before - no problems. See you there!
                                Aww thank you! I'm so looking forward to meet everyone! My dream will finally come true <3
                                sigpic
                                Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

Working...
                                X