GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
    i didn't know it was even on TV here. maybe in Canada?
    It's been on the movie channel in Canada but our apartment didn't have the subscription. We had to return the disc we were given so we don't have it. I thought it had been releaedc on DVD in Canada.

Becks also duck joke challenged

Comment

I HAD a copy from when it aired on The Movie Network here in Canada but I needed to get a new PVR. And of course I wasn't technologically advanced enough to be able to pull it off of the old one. Very inconvenient!
      sigpic
      Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Bought my AT7 hoodie!! Went for the large, as I couldn't see XL, hope it fits lol. Mumsey need to send you a wee email which email addy is best?

Julia(samcarterrules)
        Last edited by samcarterrules; 03 February 2014, 09:42 AM.
        sigpic
        Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
          I have a request for my Friends across the pond who have been fortunate enough to see Space Milkshake on TV. I'm hoping that somebody may have recorded it. When we had the disc at AT6, although we showed it a couple of times for the attendees, the G4 and some of the staff didn't get to see it, and it went home with Amanda. I'd really love to know what all the Duck business was about! (No spoilers please!) I've tried Amazon, but it doesn't seem to have been released yet.

Help!!

Mumsey
          Originally posted by llp View Post
          Mumsey - I haven't seen it yet either. I had steward duties when it was running. Maybe they will show it again for anyone who hasn't seen it???
          I'm in the same boat as llp, never did get to see it at AT6. Thought I would see it on the Space channel here in Canada as I thought they provided some funding but, as Becky said, it was on the Movie Channel here. I haven't subscribed to that channel since Sanctuary left there. So can't help out, sorry.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Hey lovely people. We are trying to track down a decent high chair for around £20-30 to lug to Nepal for a wee one who is disabled and has been left to lie flat most of the time until now. This one was peeeerfect but not available for delivery or pick up from anywhere convenient (read, near Emma ).

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...er/9103908.htm

So my questions is- where does one find good quality cheap high chairs in the UK? It needs to be quite light and pack up smallish
            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
              Hey lovely people. We are trying to track down a decent high chair for around £20-30 to lug to Nepal for a wee one who is disabled and has been left to lie flat most of the time until now. This one was peeeerfect but not available for delivery or pick up from anywhere convenient (read, near Emma ).

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...er/9103908.htm

So my questions is- where does one find good quality cheap high chairs in the UK? It needs to be quite light and pack up smallish
              Would getting this high chair to London for AT7 be any help? It's avaliable at my friends and I'm going to hers before coming down on the train. I'm trying to work out the logistics but I think we could do it, if that's any help.

I can get it delivered to her from Dumbarton.
              Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
              If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
                Would getting this high chair to London for AT7 be any help? It's avaliable at my friends and I'm going to hers before coming down on the train. I'm trying to work out the logistics but I think we could do it, if that's any help.

I can get it delivered to her from Dumbarton.
                That could be useful yes I'm not sure how Argos works. What do you need to pick up the items, do you need the credit card you ordered with? Do you just need the reference number?

*edit* actually that one doesn't fold as flat as I originally thought. If we do end up going for it anyway I will definitely be in touch!
                Last edited by NZNeep; 04 February 2014, 03:59 AM.
                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

That could be useful yes I'm not sure how Argos works. What do you need to pick up the items, do you need the credit card you ordered with? Do you just need the reference number?

*edit* actually that one doesn't fold as flat as I originally thought. If we do end up going for it anyway I will definitely be in touch!
                  Ah, yeah, you know where I am
                  Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
                  If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

If you have my personal email, then use that. If not, then [email protected] will do. You could PM me here too.

Mumsey
                    Sorry it took so long to answer, only just got back from visiting Big Sis.
                    For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                      If you have my personal email, then use that. If not, then [email protected] will do. You could PM me here too.

Mumsey
                      Sorry it took so long to answer, only just got back from visiting Big Sis.
                      Awesome! Thanks, I'll send you a quick pm then

Julia(samcarterrules)
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Awww! My travel agent is asking her contacts at my airline if I can get a fee waive for the excess baggage to get this kid's chair to him! It was only because of someone on here that I knew it was possible to ask. Another Kiwi volunteer found this kid who was being left to lie in bed and stare at the ceiling all day- she managed to get his physical and mental problems properly assessed and got him a space in a full time rehabilitative care orphanage. So amazing. They are already seeing a difference. When he can sit up for his meals I'm hopeful that the eye contact with the other kids will be like magic for his social development.

I'm thinking we will probably go with argos simply because we don't have the local knowledge and are relying on Google
                        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

We have an argos here, and a "van" going from here to the event. Argos is a catalogue store, you order online and collect or order instore. Sadly This is on special offer and seems to be out of stock at all the sores near me or mumsey. what about this one?
                          http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...er/1598597.htm
                          That's available.

best becks
                          Awww! My travel agent is asking her contacts at my airline if I can get a fee waive for the excess baggage to get this kid's chair to him! It was only because of someone on here that I knew it was possible to ask. Another Kiwi volunteer found this kid who was being left to lie in bed and stare at the ceiling all day- she managed to get his physical and mental problems properly assessed and got him a space in a full time rehabilitative care orphanage. So amazing. They are already seeing a difference. When he can sit up for his meals I'm hopeful that the eye contact with the other kids will be like magic for his social development.

I'm thinking we will probably go with argos simply because we don't have the local knowledge and are relying on Google

Comment

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
                            We have an argos here, and a "van" going from here to the event. Argos is a catalogue store, you order online and collect or order instore. Sadly This is on special offer and seems to be out of stock at all the sores near me or mumsey. what about this one?
                            http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...er/1598597.htm
                            That's available.

best becks
                            Thank you so much! I will check with Emma I think it might be available near her too- which would mean one less train ride with it. But that one folds to half the height of the others so may be just the one!
                            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Happy Birthday Becky!
                              sigpic

Comment

Most definately -

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BECKY!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X