GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
    Chicago is close to the border. Canada with a side trip to Chicago on the way home.
    Originally posted by ames View Post
    I was just thinking that ... Chicago is about an 8hour drive from here, or there's twice daily direct flights from our local airport now... Just sayin' Ask Su - this is a nice place to visit!
    See, I didn't know that. I'm definitely going to keep that in mind. Tx!

The guestlist besides Amanda looks nice too.

We'll see. Milou will be 3 years old by then ...
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post

That's 6-8 hours to Chicago and 10 hours to Vancouver from Europe (LHR) With a three year old. Best of luck.

Mumsey
        For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
          That's 6-8 hours to Chicago and 10 hours to Vancouver from Europe (LHR) With a three year old. Best of luck.

Mumsey
          Well travel times would depend on where exactly they were planning on stopping ... but yes, I see your point.
          On the other hand, some toddlers travel very well! Here's hoping Milou falls into that category
          ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
          ames on facebook
          ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post

Mumsey
            Hehe ... I know! And hubby and myself aren't especially adventurous ... so we'll see ...
            sigpic

Comment

Hi guys. An exhausting 2 days! I have briefly met the children from all of the houses except Sanctuary House, who I will meet tomorrow. They are all so beautiful! This morning we joined them on the walk to school and some of them had their noses in their books even as they walked to their exams Namaste!
              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                Hi guys. An exhausting 2 days! I have briefly met the children from all of the houses except Sanctuary House, who I will meet tomorrow. They are all so beautiful! This morning we joined them on the walk to school and some of them had their noses in their books even as they walked to their exams Namaste!
                Thats cool Neep. When you say we, is that your mum & sister or are you with a group of volunteers?
                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Namaste.

Comment

*hugs you*
                    sigpic

Comment

I must be feeling ill or something ... I actually saw a dress that I would seriously contemplate wearing to the cocktail party. And it's pink! *blinks* I keep listening for the Twilight Zone theme song to start up, but ... ah well - not getting too excited until I see if said dress fits first, which has to wait until next week (I'm not paid until Friday, and have to work Fri/Sat, then Mon is a holiday over here... so in this particular case, no, not procrastination - merely being practical, because if the dress fits, I'm so buying it!)

ames on facebook

Comment

I must be feeling ill or something ... I actually saw a dress that I would seriously contemplate wearing to the cocktail party. And it's pink! *blinks* I keep listening for the Twilight Zone theme song to start up, but ... ah well - not getting too excited until I see if said dress fits first, which has to wait until next week (I'm not paid until Friday, and have to work Fri/Sat, then Mon is a holiday over here... so in this particular case, no, not procrastination - merely being practical, because if the dress fits, I'm so buying it!)
                        I don't think I've seen you in a dress?

I had CP trauma, my favourite leather had a hole in it

But I bought more

Comment

I have a great red dress for the cocktail party and since the stress of work is causing me to lose weight, I will fit it perfectly in time for AT6. I was looking for shoes to go with it in NY and found a beautiful pair at Sax Fifth Avenue. Didn't buy them though: a) I could help a lot of kids by donating the money to S4K instead and b) I realized I already have shoes to wear for the party.

Comment

I have a question. I recall that at the end of the JTR Walk the guide pointed out a street close by that had great Indian restaurants. Anyone know the name of the street?

Comment

Originally posted by MayoGate View Post
                              I don't think I've seen you in a dress?

I had CP trauma, my favourite leather had a hole in it

But I bought more
                              Nope, you won't have I remember wearing a suit with a skirt for our Christmas assembly while in Wolsingham ... I walked into the office, and everyone just stopped and stared. I asked what was wrong and the head assistant stuttered "You ... you ... have legs!" Then from behind me the headmistress added "...and kick-arse leather boots too!" *cue ames' face going immediately bright red* LOL I just don't wear skirts/dresses/shorts very often... sadly I don't believe my kick-arse leather boots will be making the trip with me this time - the heels take up too much space in my luggage

ames on facebook

Comment

I actually forgot to pack anything formal. Oops! Will have to find something here.
                                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Working...
                                X