GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oops, forgot something.

So I now have the smart phone but I am not on the Twitter. Hearing rumors that Julia S. has done something wild and crazy to raise money for S4K. How can I help?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Love the elaborate gabit response re the baby! You guys pretty much think about everything

About bringing the baby. Do you baby-wear? Keeping the baby very close all the time and also away from strangers would probably be helpful.
      (there are a lot of foreign germs around, be mindful of that)

I had a young baby during ... err.. AT5 I think, but opted to leave her home, she wasn't breastfed so that was doable (although weird being away a couple of days!). Being there I realised that if I would've brought her, the con would've been very different. Early bedtimes alone in the hotelroom, probably missing out on a talk/auction/ceremony here or there. Breaking up the fun times just hanging around because of baby's need.
      Personally I think a convention is no place for a child and I would not bring her 'just for fun'. But in your case I can totally understand if you decide to bring him and as long as you put the child needs absolutely first it should be fine. The younger the child the easier even I think.

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
      did you mean she has to give up the baby or just the cocktail ticket?
      Whahaha

Also, talking about Milou, here's a pretty recent picture. She's almost 3,5 now!
      Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
        Also, talking about Milou, here's a pretty recent picture. She's almost 3,5 now!
        Spoiler:

My goodness! She's beautiful. I can't believe she's over three years already. Where did that time go?
        For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
          Oops, forgot something.

So I now have the smart phone but I am not on the Twitter. Hearing rumors that Julia S. has done something wild and crazy to raise money for S4K. How can I help?
          See this, it's in the newspaper so no longer rumors

(I will remove link after you read it, so please do not quote)

And as to help ... money is the way to go ... lol.
          People donate to S4K with the comment #hair. I'm not sure when the deadline is though.
          Last edited by SamJackShipLover; 12 December 2013, 12:53 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Oops, forgot something.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...r&notif_t=like I don't know if it will work. You can contribute by going to Sanctuary for Kids and donating with the #hair in the comments. Do PM her too to let her know so that she can add it to her total.

Mumsey

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
              My goodness! She's beautiful. I can't believe she's over three years already. Where did that time go?
              Thank you Mumsey!
              I remember that convention with my new-baby-book all too wel, it does feel like last week
              sigpic

Comment

EH-T - Julia collected money under #hair on S4K - for shaving her head. I am sure you can still donate on the S4K site.
                sigpic

Comment

Welcome super newbie.

Just to clarify, will other copies of the book be available for sale at the Gabit event or just the one at auction?
                  Thanks for the welcome! As of now, just one autographed copy will be available for auction. Is there a way for us to sell the book there, too? Wasn't aware of that option....

Comment

Love the elaborate gabit response re the baby! You guys pretty much think about everything

About bringing the baby. Do you baby-wear? Keeping the baby very close all the time and also away from strangers would probably be helpful.
                    (there are a lot of foreign germs around, be mindful of that)

I had a young baby during ... err.. AT5 I think, but opted to leave her home, she wasn't breastfed so that was doable (although weird being away a couple of days!). Being there I realised that if I would've brought her, the con would've been very different. Early bedtimes alone in the hotelroom, probably missing out on a talk/auction/ceremony here or there. Breaking up the fun times just hanging around because of baby's need.
                    Personally I think a convention is no place for a child and I would not bring her 'just for fun'. But in your case I can totally understand if you decide to bring him and as long as you put the child needs absolutely first it should be fine. The younger the child the easier even I think.

Whahaha

She is gorgeous. So hard to believe she is that old. I remember so well you and Amanda crying when you told her (partly because she is all teary eyed in my photo as I was right behind you--never follow a baby act!

Good responses from you and Gabit re: the baby. I am totally fine with kids at events as long as the parents make the kids the priority, which I am sure our inquiring Mom will do. There is a couple who bring their child to Creation cons and it appears to be solely to get extra attention from the celebrity guests. They pay no attention to the fact the poor child is mostly bored out if its mind. Feel sorry for the kid.

See this, it's in the newspaper so no longer rumors
                    (I will remove link after you read it, so please do not quote)

And as to help ... money is the way to go ... lol.
                    People donate to S4K with the comment #hair. I'm not sure when the deadline is though.
                    Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...ter¬if_t=like I don't know if it will work. You can contribute by going to Sanctuary for Kids and donating with the #hair in the comments. Do PM her too to let her know so that she can add it to her total.

Mumsey
                    Originally posted by llp View Post
                    EH-T - Julia collected money under #hair on S4K - for shaving her head. I am sure you can still donate on the S4K site.

Thanks all, will go there ASAP.

Originally posted by ChristmasNevermore View Post
                    Thanks for the welcome! As of now, just one autographed copy will be available for auction. Is there a way for us to sell the book there, too? Wasn't aware of that option....
                    You would have to ask the Gabit folk. They can be reached at [email protected]

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Milou is so big! I can't believe it... she's going to be as tall as her mum isn't she?
                      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

You would have to ask the Gabit folk. They can be reached at [email protected][/QUOTE]

Thanks so much! I'll check into it. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                          Milou is so big! I can't believe it... she's going to be as tall as her mum isn't she?
                          Most likely, especially since I'm not tall at all for Dutch standards. I too grew fast as a child though. Till 12 or so I was always the tallest in the class, now I'm average.
                          sigpic

Comment

Most likely, especially since I'm not tall at all for Dutch standards. I too grew fast as a child though. Till 12 or so I was always the tallest in the class, now I'm average.

Oh, I was the opposite! My sister and I were always in the front row in class photos because we were so little, then suddenly at 12 I found myself the 2nd tallest girl in the class. Finally grew of being the little premature babies I guess.
                            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                              Oh, I was the opposite! My sister and I were always in the front row in class photos because we were so little, then suddenly at 12 I found myself the 2nd tallest girl in the class. Finally grew of being the little premature babies I guess.
                              I was premature too, youngest in the year and one of the shorties. I was guaranteed to be at the front. I'm still pretty short - then again mum is only 5ft tall, can't really have expected anything different.
                              Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
                              If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

For those of you planning to stay either side of the event, and maybe take in a theatre while you are here, they are having a special offer on some of the best shows, with cheap tickets and no booking fees. http://www.theatrepeople.com/?gclid=...FSTItAodjSAACQ check it out.
                                Mumsey

Comment

Working...
                                X