No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

excellent news! Oh, and I love that quote - so appropriate.
    sigpic

Comment

I'm so glad it went well, your team leader did the right thing, it seems.

Very, very good quote

Comment

Very glad it went well. It sounds like you've got a good team leader there.
        Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
        If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
          Just popping in with a message from Ames - she says to say hello to everyone and that she's still very happy to do the blue jelly/jello thing for AT7.
          Of course I too pass on my howdy doodees and hope everyone has been safe and well and had a great year thus far.
          My hope is to make it to AT8 should it fall around November in 2015.
          Many hugs to all...missing all Gabiteers very much.
          xxxx
          Thanks for checking in. Funny, I was just thinking the other day it had been a while since we had seen the bouncyness of Ames on GW.

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
          Thanks for thinking of me guys, it actually went really well! Better than I could have imagined. The meeting started with my team leader telling me he was proud of me and that any resulting tension in the team was not my problem. I specifically requested no apologies because it would be fake and forced- things have been a wee bit awkward but all good. The real test will be Saturday night when the same team is on again with no supervision. I don't know what the consequences will be exactly because any disciplinary meetings/processes are confidential and no one is likely gossip about them to me! I have also found one really good ally on the team, he has kept me sane.

A few hours before it all kicked off I just happened to read a quote on tumblr- I would much rather be the “obnoxious feminist girl” than be complicit in my own dehumanization, thanks.

Well, yes.
          Sounds like the the team leader is a true leader. Glad it went well. Love the quote.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
            Thanks for thinking of me guys, it actually went really well! Better than I could have imagined. The meeting started with my team leader telling me he was proud of me and that any resulting tension in the team was not my problem. I specifically requested no apologies because it would be fake and forced- things have been a wee bit awkward but all good. The real test will be Saturday night when the same team is on again with no supervision. I don't know what the consequences will be exactly because any disciplinary meetings/processes are confidential and no one is likely gossip about them to me! I have also found one really good ally on the team, he has kept me sane.

A few hours before it all kicked off I just happened to read a quote on tumblr- I would much rather be the “obnoxious feminist girl” than be complicit in my own dehumanization, thanks.
            For most people it takes a lifetime to do what you have done at such an early stage of your life (and from my perspective - it is early). You have stood up against those that do wrong. You, my friend, stood up against the "bully" and said enough. It takes more then bravery to do this - it takes a willingness to stand up for what is right. Most good people would have sat quietly, afraid to take this on. You stood up and did the right thing. Although it sounds easy, many people would not have had that "extra" to do it and face people afterwards. You are so more special then you realize!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
              For most people it takes a lifetime to do what you have done at such an early stage of your life (and from my perspective - it is early). You have stood up against those that do wrong. You, my friend, stood up against the "bully" and said enough. It takes more then bravery to do this - it takes a willingness to stand up for what is right. Most good people would have sat quietly, afraid to take this on. You stood up and did the right thing. Although it sounds easy, many people would not have had that "extra" to do it and face people afterwards. You are so more special then you realize!
              Nicely said!

Comment

My new facebook page https://www.facebook.com/neverendingimagination
                S4K plaques, hearts and ornaments (coming soon). I've stopped trying to sell on eBay because their cut was extortionate. S4K plaques £10 and hearts £7 each plus pnp - £2.60 UK up to £4.70 for Australia and Newzealand, £4.50 for US/Canada and £3.50 for Europe.
                Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
                  My new facebook page https://www.facebook.com/neverendingimagination
                  S4K plaques, hearts and ornaments (coming soon). I've stopped trying to sell on eBay because their cut was extortionate. S4K plaques £10 and hearts £7 each plus pnp - £2.60 UK up to £4.70 for Australia and Newzealand, £4.50 for US/Canada and £3.50 for Europe.
                  I'm so going to have a look at your S4K plaques and order some when I have a bit more time Love them!
                  sigpic
                  Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

Took my first S4K order today and just sent out my first invoice!

Comment

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
                      Took my first S4K order today and just sent out my first invoice!
                      Exciting!

For those who know me, you know I am a luddite and proud of it. Feel as though I have sold a little piece of my soul today as I have arranged to get a cell phone.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                        Exciting!

For those who know me, you know I am a luddite and proud of it. Feel as though I have sold a little piece of my soul today as I have arranged to get a cell phone.
                        (Faints dead away!!)
                        For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                          Exciting!

Are you talking "cell" phone or "smart" phone? Big difference.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                            (Faints dead away!!)
                            Fans Mumsey.

Originally posted by llp View Post
                            Are you talking "cell" phone or "smart" phone? Big difference.
                            "Smart". Yes.....sold....my....soul....

Comment

Eh-T!!! One of us! (Typed on my smart phone)

And thanks guys. I really appreciate the support.
                              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X