No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I live vicariously through you folks. There is no way I can get away during the school year, as much as I'd love to be there.
    sigpic

Comment

Hotel sorted but we cant book train tickets until mid-november, they only book 3 months in advance or less. Plus, the rail fares are going up again on the 1st Jan. I can travel from London to Paris cheaper than I can travel across the UK, ridiculous.
      Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
      If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Hotel is booked but not the flight, SAS usually have a "sale" late in the autumn so that's what I'm waiting for.

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
          Hotel is booked but not the flight, SAS usually have a "sale" late in the autumn so that's what I'm waiting for.
          I booked my flights!
          sigpic
          My vids Sig made by me

Comment

I was impatient and booked the flights ages ago. Have also booked the room at the Ren - yay!

But our plans have shifted slightly so have to figure out best way to get from Manchester to London instead of already being in London... but there is still time. I'll let Lame Moose tell us how much since I don't have an app.
            sigpic
            Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by SqueeG-1 View Post
              I was impatient and booked the flights ages ago. Have also booked the room at the Ren - yay!

But our plans have shifted slightly so have to figure out best way to get from Manchester to London instead of already being in London... but there is still time. I'll let Lame Moose tell us how much since I don't have an app.
              140 days

Depending on the price, a direct train from Manchester Picadilly to London Euston, might be worth looking in to. From my searches of tube times and changes I think there is a direct tube route from Euston to Heathrow. They can't be booked until 3 months before the travel dates though.

That's how I plan to do it. I'm going (by train) from the midlands, up to Scotland to meet murrinholi, bringing her back down to Euston. Then going via the tube to Heathrow - can't wait, not, I'll be dragging the suitcases so she can't injure herself, and she'll be arguing that she's fine to take charge of one. She's too stubborn for her own good. Plus, I HATE the underground, and La Metro, only underground systems I've been on but they all scared me. A lot of things make me anxious though. It's the steep escalators at St Pancras that started it, not being able to see the bottom (or vice versa).

She wants to go on the London Eye, too, I told her to find someone else to go with her - its glass, its high up, and it moves, it's not happening. The Eiffel tower was bad enough.

P.S Thank heaven for rail cards!
              Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
              If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                I live vicariously through you folks. There is no way I can get away during the school year, as much as I'd love to be there.
                One day Nolamom (fingers crossed). How close are you to retirement?

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
                Hotel sorted but we cant book train tickets until mid-november, they only book 3 months in advance or less. Plus, the rail fares are going up again on the 1st Jan. I can travel from London to Paris cheaper than I can travel across the UK, ridiculous.
                Typical. I can fly to Bermuda cheaper than many places within my own country (admitttedly a very big country).

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                I booked my flights!
                Yay!

140 days

Depending on the price, a direct train from Manchester Picadilly to London Euston, might be worth looking in to. From my searches of tube times and changes I think there is a direct tube route from Euston to Heathrow. They can't be booked until 3 months before the travel dates though.

That's how I plan to do it. I'm going (by train) from the midlands, up to Scotland to meet murrinholi, bringing her back down to Euston. Then going via the tube to Heathrow - can't wait, not, I'll be dragging the suitcases so she can't injure herself, and she'll be arguing that she's fine to take charge of one. She's too stubborn for her own good. Plus, I HATE the underground, and La Metro, only underground systems I've been on but they all scared me. A lot of things make me anxious though. It's the steep escalators at St Pancras that started it, not being able to see the bottom (or vice versa).

She wants to go on the London Eye, too, I told her to find someone else to go with her - its glass, its high up, and it moves, it's not happening. The Eiffel tower was bad enough.

I'm sure she'll find a fellow con goer who would go with her to the Eye. As for the luggage, remind her she doesn't want to injure herself and end up missing Amanda.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

139 days, 19 hrs., 56 min, 3 sec

81 shopping days till Christmas. just thought i'd throw that in.

Comment

140 days

as I recall, there is
                    sigpic

Comment

Hey all,

Does S4K bring merchandise like tshirts and hoodies to the event?

Thanks
                      sigpic
                      Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

Originally posted by Samfan13 View Post
                        Hey all,

Thanks
                        They did last time!
                        sigpic

Comment

140 days

Thanks for the info! Soooo looking forward to meeting everyone.
                          sigpic
                          Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Hey all,

Thanks
                            Originally posted by llp View Post
                            They did last time!
                            Also, they have been bringing merchadise to other cons in the UK and Europe so I'm sure they'll have stuff at AT7. My advice though is to buy early. I was busy with my nephew and volunteering and didn't get time to look at the merchandise until well into the weekend. By then my size in hoodies were all gone. Need to get there early this time and get my hoodie.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Hey all,

Thanks
                              Yes we will be bringing S4K merchandise to the event.

Mumsey
                              For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Thank you all for the replies!!!!

I will be buying early for me and my friend who unfortunately can't be there...
                                sigpic
                                Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

Working...
                                X