GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
    hehe yes, exactly. I have had some simply amazing opportunities, which I'm very grateful for. I'm sure that *some* day I will get to go the cocktail party, as long as there are Gabits, I'll keep on being patient

Yay for a night with Aunty Sharon! I didn't get to see Eh-T so much at AT6 because she was super busy and I was still so unwell - I missed being able to mimic her accent Occasionally I'll be wandering around the flat and suddenly find myself exclaiming that I'm from "friendly Manitoba".
    Almost as good as a cocktail party.

It was wonderful touring London with my nephew but between spending time with him and stewarding duties it didn't leave much time for visiting friends. Here's hoping we get the chance to see more of each other this time 'round. Then you can brush up on your accent.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

I vote we have a stripper party instead. We buy our clothes from that dodgy shop near covent gardens (Emma knows the one) and we sit in the hotel bar raising our eyebrows suggestively at visiting business men. Hey, the Ren hasn't kicked us out yet right?
      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by nzneep View Post
        i vote we have a stripper party instead. We buy our clothes from that dodgy shop near covent gardens (emma knows the one) and we sit in the hotel bar raising our eyebrows suggestively at visiting business men. Hey, the ren hasn't kicked us out yet right?
        That's quite enough of that!

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
          That's quite enough of that!
          YES! That IS quite enough of that!!

Mumsey
          (Looking very stern)
          For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Oh, Neep, you have been badged and Mumsey-d. That may be a first (and not in a good way).

Comment

Ok, I promise that I most definitely won't do that. (the badge/Mumsey combo is terrifying! )
              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

and my dog wined when i read that outloud, so you not only got badged, mumsied , but you upset my puppy! shame, shame!

Comment

The shame!
                  Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Whoa Neep - talk about a triple play! Better watch yourself for awhile!
                    sigpic

Comment

Can I ask if there is a theme usually for the cocktail party, as in a dress theme? Or can we we wear anything as long as its cocktail party suitable???
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

Originally posted by SGSuzi View Post
                        Can I ask if there is a theme usually for the cocktail party, as in a dress theme? Or can we we wear anything as long as its cocktail party suitable???
                        There is no theme but jeans and flip-flops a definate no. You can dress up as much as you want. I wore a nice pair of slacks and a fancy blouse. Kind of a casual dressy! I saw people dressed to the "nines" at one end and more casual (no jeans and t-shirts) at the other end and everything in between. Men should wear a pair of slacks and and a nice shirt - on up. Hope that helps. Mumsey or someone will give out more info later and I'm sure this subject will come up several times.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                          There is no theme but jeans and flip-flops a definate no. You can dress up as much as you want. I wore a nice pair of slacks and a fancy blouse. Kind of a casual dressy! I saw people dressed to the "nines" at one end and more casual (no jeans and t-shirts) at the other end and everything in between. Men should wear a pair of slacks and and a nice shirt - on up. Hope that helps. Mumsey or someone will give out more info later and I'm sure this subject will come up several times.
                          Thank you planning on wearing a party frock then
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

Originally posted by SGSuzi View Post
                            Based on what I was told last year, stripper shoes are mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                              Based on what I was told last year, stripper shoes are mandatory.
                              But that rule only applied to Canadian women who are lawyers and came with nephews!

Uh-oh - my 69 post is in Gabit and not the Martin one! Oops!
                              Last edited by llp; 08 June 2013, 07:53 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                                But that rule only applied to Canadian women who are lawyers and came with nephews!

Uh-oh - my 69 post is in Gabit and not the Martin one! Oops!
                                My, very specific rules, eh?

Thought Id' better respond before we dropped off the page.

Comment

Working...
                                X