GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by llp View Post
    Fear not - Amanda is good at getting the shy people to talk a little = she will ask you something! She really is very nice - and acts like "everyday" type of people.

Always find it strange why people are so afraid or nervous to talk with her. She is about the most down to earth person I have ever met! So try and relax!
    I wouldn't say I was scared to talk to her as such, I'm not really a shy person, ill talk to anyone...lol I'm more concerned I don't know what to ask her, or say to her and I will just end up coming out with something really random and weird!!!
    sigpic
    Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

Originally posted by SGSuzi View Post
      I wouldn't say I was scared to talk to her as such, I'm not really a shy person, ill talk to anyone...lol I'm more concerned I don't know what to ask her, or say to her and I will just end up coming out with something really random and weird!!!
      The first time I met Amanda, I was very weepy and splotchy - and the first thing I ever said to her was that I came from the same place as Ba'al and Hathor. It was literally the first thing that came out of my mouth, after which I really wanted to curl into a ball and disappear forever. Technically, I just meant that I was also from South Africa but it came out sounding like I thought I was some kind of Goa'uld. Amanda just laughed and hugged me and told me that she would have to warn the stewards to look out for me.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that, if I can live that down, I'm absolutely positive that you'll do fine
      sigpic

Comment

The party invites have gone out now. Sorry I took so long to tell you - I had some problems with the email server and some family problems on top of that.

Everyone who asked for a ticket was put into the draw. Where we knew folks booked together we gave the group tickets. Those who weren't drawn in the first 90 have numbers assigned to them and that will be their place on the waiting list. Don't give up altogether, we may have people drop out for various reasons.

Kay G4
        For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
          The party invites have gone out now. Sorry I took so long to tell you - I had some problems with the email server and some family problems on top of that.

Everyone who asked for a ticket was put into the draw. Where we knew folks booked together we gave the group tickets. Those who weren't drawn in the first 90 have numbers assigned to them and that will be their place on the waiting list. Don't give up altogether, we may have people drop out for various reasons.

Kay G4
          Thanks Mumsey again for all your hard work, you are a star xx
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
            The first time I met Amanda, I was very weepy and splotchy - and the first thing I ever said to her was that I came from the same place as Ba'al and Hathor. It was literally the first thing that came out of my mouth, after which I really wanted to curl into a ball and disappear forever. Technically, I just meant that I was also from South Africa but it came out sounding like I thought I was some kind of Goa'uld. Amanda just laughed and hugged me and told me that she would have to warn the stewards to look out for me.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that, if I can live that down, I'm absolutely positive that you'll do fine
            That is an awesome story not at all a bad thing to say, but I can understand why you felt like that. I'm sure once Amanda had hugged you ou felt more at ease and that it was fine
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
              Haha, those pictures were so funny and the tale of how they were brought over. I'm actually banned from doing something like that, murrinholi and I banned each other because we're so clumsy and unbalanced we really would break something (bones, expensive things in the hotel - other people?). I'm really not even joking, I gave myself concussion in the laundrette, that's how bad I am!
              LOL! That's pretty bad. We'll definitely keep you off stripper shoes--highly dangerous things.

Cocktail party here I come .......yeeeeehaaaaaaa!!!!!
              Congrats!

Originally posted by Goodfairy View Post
              I have ticket to the Coctail Party too. Thank you very much. I'm sooo happy.
              Congrats to those who won too.

Nice picture, Nola.
              Congrats to you too!

OMG just checked my junk folder and found out I got Cocktail Party tickets!! Ecstatic!
              Congrats to you three!

Originally posted by antoa View Post
              Nothing for me again this time around. I've never been lucky in the draws.

Oh well, I should have some cool peeps to hang out with.
              You called?

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
              cackling at the "or it could be you" 'cause I really do think it's accurate.

I think for me though, that after the AT2 tea raffle draw, God was like - "okay but that's it." So I think I'm cool with that.

Yes, when you said you were unlucky I thought of the coffee raffle, not to mention the lunch/set tour. Not really a draw there but some element of luck involved (or karma).

You mean I have to speak!!!!! I'm thinking that I will probably just be completely dumbstruck, it's one thing meeting Amanda at a photo op or an auto op for the first time, but sat at a dinner table making polite conversation.....yep I'm going to die!!!!!!
              I'm going to be terrified! I still can't believe my name got drawn, I'm so glad the first time I won something was this It's going to make the weekend all the more special for murrinholi.
              It may help you to know that Amanda is nervous as well. Yes, despite all the times she has done this, she is still nervous. Maybe think of it this way, what can you do to put her at ease? That may help you. I used to be very shy. What brought me out of that was always finding someone more shy than I and talking to them to help them feel more comfortable.

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
              I got a ticket too
              Congrats to you as well!

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
              I'm not really sure if I got a CP ticket (cause we regged with a group and only one of us has an e-mail that seems only for her). But I would love to hang out with you and Meg and we'll have a great night anyhow!
              It's so nice to see all newbie excitement! Yay! I'm happy for you guys!

(I usually don't get excited for these events so long in advance, but all the excitement here is doing something to me ... hehe )
              Count me in as well.

And OT, since I'm posting here. Some pictures of Milou ... she is pretty much growing as we speak

Spoiler:

[
              Adorable. I'm with the others, so hard to believe she is this old already.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                Count me in as well.
                We´ll hav a girly, well behaved & awesome evening

Adorable. I'm with the others, so hard to believe she is this old already.
                She's still only 2 ... hehe. It goes so fast, it will be so weird to have a 3 year old *sigh*
                We were getting her new shoes yesterday and the lady in the store was a bit disturbed by her behaviour, while I thought Milou was doing VERY good. Turned out the lady thought Milou was in school (thus 4 years old) already. That's the problem with being tall, children get overestimated.
                sigpic

Comment

I am a little confused on how the lottery works. Say if you registered with a group of 5 people and one in the group got a ticket then everyone in the group got a ticket...is that right? Was the group put in as one entry or as separate entries - doesn't really seam fair if separate because that means your name gets put in 5 times if you are in a group of 5 people vs the people that registered by themselves just got put in the lottery once...just my thoughts on the matter

Congrats to those that got tickets.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by samcartersg1 View Post
                    I am a little confused on how the lottery works. Say if you registered with a group of 5 people and one in the group got a ticket then everyone in the group got a ticket...is that right? Was the group put in as one entry or as separate entries - doesn't really seam fair if separate because that means your name gets put in 5 times if you are in a group of 5 people vs the people that registered by themselves just got put in the lottery once...just my thoughts on the matter

Congrats to those that got tickets.
                    That indeed would not be air

FAQ http://www.gabitevents.co.uk/AT7.html

The lottery will operate as follows: -

Each group booking (a maximum of up to four people) or single booking will be entered as one ticket in the lottery, meaning if the ticket is pulled the whole group will be allocated tickets. Once all the allocated tickets are taken up, we will continue drawing names to make a waiting list of people wanting cocktail party tickets. If the last group is too big for the remaining tickets we will hold off allocating. Inevitably a few people drop out or in the early stages may not pay for their allocation so we will not divide a group, but will wait to inform you when we have sufficient tickets available for the whole group. By doing it this way, we will not penalise a larger group by passing them over.
                    sigpic

Comment

That indeed would not be air

FAQ http://www.gabitevents.co.uk/AT7.html

The lottery will operate as follows: -

Each group booking (a maximum of up to four people) or single booking will be entered as one ticket in the lottery, meaning if the ticket is pulled the whole group will be allocated tickets. Once all the allocated tickets are taken up, we will continue drawing names to make a waiting list of people wanting cocktail party tickets. If the last group is too big for the remaining tickets we will hold off allocating. Inevitably a few people drop out or in the early stages may not pay for their allocation so we will not divide a group, but will wait to inform you when we have sufficient tickets available for the whole group. By doing it this way, we will not penalise a larger group by passing them over.
                      Thanks so much for posting - Definitely clears up my confusion :-) Just got confused when some members of groups said they hadn't got emails yet
                      Last edited by samcartersg1; 02 June 2013, 01:48 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

awfully nice that they take into consideration all the groups
                        sigpic

Comment

Yes, my niece got that Lies! Because she was so tall.

And something that would never happend at GABIT, for people who haven't seen it on my facebook... Left my friend from the UK alone for 20 minutes to find that she had entered the fear factor challenge and vomited 5 times. I'm told she was one lamb brain away from winning, too. She ate lamb brain, wasabit, squid ink, prawn cube and a worm.
                          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Oh, Lies, she's just adorable! She's so tall and lovely curly hair.

donamac

Comment

Yes, when you said you were unlucky I thought of the coffee raffle, not to mention the lunch/set tour. Not really a draw there but some element of luck involved (or karma).
                              hehe yes, exactly. I have had some simply amazing opportunities, which I'm very grateful for. I'm sure that *some* day I will get to go the cocktail party, as long as there are Gabits, I'll keep on being patient

We´ll hav a girly, well behaved & awesome evening
                              Yay for a night with Aunty Sharon! I didn't get to see Eh-T so much at AT6 because she was super busy and I was still so unwell - I missed being able to mimic her accent Occasionally I'll be wandering around the flat and suddenly find myself exclaiming that I'm from "friendly Manitoba".
                              sigpic

Comment

Amanda's panel from Phoenix Comicon
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOo5e...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Working...
                                X