GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
    (Mumsey sticks nose into thread for the umpteenth time and sees no traffic. Blows enormous RASPBERRY - and sneaks out again.)

Hehehehehe!

Mumsey
    LOL!

Originally posted by SGSuzi View Post
    I'm here I can think of lots of questions to ask if you like???

Suzi xx
    By all means. I think many of us love answering questions. We have all been in your situation (the newbie) and asked our own share of questions. Time for a little payback.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Ahha found the Gabit thread, not too sure what to say now I'm here, erm, I'm coming to AT7, you all seem really lovely and I can't wait to meet you in person. I'm sure I'll think of some questions soon too.
      Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
      If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

I have a question

I'm working on some project and I would love to have it auctioned for S4K. But I'm not sure how it all works. Do I just bring it with me when I arrive for the weekend and who do I give it to?

Thanks

ps. Can't wait for this amazing weekend to happen! <3
        sigpic
        Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

Originally posted by Samfan13 View Post
          I have a question

I'm working on some project and I would love to have it auctioned for S4K. But I'm not sure how it all works. Do I just bring it with me when I arrive for the weekend and who do I give it to?
          Rebecca is the head of charity. You can email her at: headofcharity @ gabitevents .co.uk
          Remove the spaces for that email address to work.
          I am sure she can answer all of your questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Fresh_Horse View Post
            Rebecca is the head of charity. You can email her at: headofcharity @ gabitevents .co.uk
            Remove the spaces for that email address to work.
            I am sure she can answer all of your questions.

Thanks I emailed her about a month ago though but never got a reply...
            sigpic
            Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

emails sometimes get lost. just try again. there's a lot of time yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Samfan13 View Post
                Thanks I emailed her about a month ago though but never got a reply...
                You can also go onto the Gabit site itself http://www.gabitevents.co.uk/ and go to emails and write her a message there. She has had a lot going on right now so that might be the problem. And if all else fails, write to Mumsey. She always has answers!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
                  Ahha found the Gabit thread, not too sure what to say now I'm here, erm, I'm coming to AT7, you all seem really lovely and I can't wait to meet you in person. I'm sure I'll think of some questions soon too.
                  Welcome aboard. Congrats for getting a ticket for AT7. It is unlike any con you have been to mainly because it is all about Amanda. Also because she is one of the most open and kind-hearted people you will ever meet.

One thing I totally recommend in on the Friday before the event there is a gathering of "newbies" and everyone else that wants to come. A great way to meet some people and get past any shyness you might have. Only lasts about 20 to 30 minutes, in a room usually right next to the Starbucks (in the hotel). Also, you get to meet the Gabit crew and hear what will happen over the next few days as well.

You didn't mention if you got a ticket to the cocktail party. If not, a lot of the con goers are down in the lobby near where AT comes in and it is also a great way to get acquainted and meet up with your fellow con goers.

A few extra points - you are allowed one picture (I highly recommend your first one - get it hugging AT - one of the world's best huggers) and also the next day 2 autographs. The pictures will be outside the room where it happens on the next day so you can get that signed plus one other items. Pictures must be official ones but hats, t-shirts, stuff animals, etc, she will sign. You can check with any of the volunteers that are around and they can tell you if it is legal or not or direct you to someone who can tell you.

I know - a lot of information. But it will get repeated several times over the next year incase you forget. And again. Welcome aboard....I'll be seeing you there!
                  sigpic

Comment

Cocktail Party draw will take place some time in May.

Please have patience with Rebecca. She's not been very well lately, and is off for a few days with her hubby and Parents.

Mumsey
                    For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                      Welcome aboard. Congrats for getting a ticket for AT7. It is unlike any con you have been to mainly because it is all about Amanda. Also because she is one of the most open and kind-hearted people you will ever meet.

One thing I totally recommend in on the Friday before the event there is a gathering of "newbies" and everyone else that wants to come. A great way to meet some people and get past any shyness you might have. Only lasts about 20 to 30 minutes, in a room usually right next to the Starbucks (in the hotel). Also, you get to meet the Gabit crew and hear what will happen over the next few days as well.

You didn't mention if you got a ticket to the cocktail party. If not, a lot of the con goers are down in the lobby near where AT comes in and it is also a great way to get acquainted and meet up with your fellow con goers.

A few extra points - you are allowed one picture (I highly recommend your first one - get it hugging AT - one of the world's best huggers) and also the next day 2 autographs. The pictures will be outside the room where it happens on the next day so you can get that signed plus one other items. Pictures must be official ones but hats, t-shirts, stuff animals, etc, she will sign. You can check with any of the volunteers that are around and they can tell you if it is legal or not or direct you to someone who can tell you.

I know - a lot of information. But it will get repeated several times over the next year incase you forget. And again. Welcome aboard....I'll be seeing you there!
                      Thanks for all that Information, I'll definitely be heading to the newbies meet up. I put my name down for the draw for the cocktail party too so here's hoping

Thanks for the tip about the photo, I'm awful around strangers (in person i dont speak much but online i do, its a safety thing) and hate having my photo taken, and on top of that hugging people I don't know is one of my well its not quote a phobia but its not far off. You're telling me to have a hugging photo actually puts me at ease.

Getting more excited by the minute
                      Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
                      If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

In the past, have there been folks, who couldn't get a ticket to an AT event, shown up to hang out with attendees?

Comment

I am going to be such a nervous wreck having my photo done, it will the first time I meet Amanda so will probably cry and then I'll have a red nose and puffy eyes in my picture as for a hugging one, can we ask to have one like that? I'm just going to be so shy and just stand there I know it

Btw I'm so excited about Amanda coming to ozcc a few weeks after AT7, how awesome is it going to be seeing her again so soon after
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
                            In the past, have there been folks, who couldn't get a ticket to an AT event, shown up to hang out with attendees?
                            As a matter of fact, yes. A few dear friends that live near by came to hang out in the afternoon during the breaks and in the evening. It is a hotel lobby so no rules against it. Just not allowed inside the rooms because badges are required.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SGSuzi View Post
                              I am going to be such a nervous wreck having my photo done, it will the first time I meet Amanda so will probably cry and then I'll have a red nose and puffy eyes in my picture as for a hugging one, can we ask to have one like that? I'm just going to be so shy and just stand there I know it

Btw I'm so excited about Amanda coming to ozcc a few weeks after AT7, how awesome is it going to be seeing her again so soon after
                              Everyone says about the same thing, but AT knows how to put you at ease. She will put her arm around your shoulder and if you are facing her probably a hugging one. Trust me, she is really very sweet and nice and understands how people are shy. By the time you get the picture taken you will have had at least one session of questions. You will see she is nervous too. But as the weekend unfolds she will relax. So, she is not much different than anyone else in that respect. I have seen others break down around her and she will try and get you to relax. Believe me (and everyone who has met her will confirm this) she is the loveliest of people and will do her best to make you feel comfortable. So try not to worry about it especially with the event so far away.
                              sigpic

Comment

Another quick question about the photo op, I know time is limited and ther are lots to get through, but just wondering if it will be slightly more relaxed that it was at ozcc this year where you literally got ushered in stand smile flash and all you got chance for was a quick Hi, nice to meet you with the guest? Well that was supposed to happen but RDA was lovely and we had a few words with him
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

Working...
                                X