GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SGSuzi View Post
    Yeah I also thought 270 was the correct number, wether that changes from year to year though I don't know, all I know is that I feel very lucky and very honoured to say that I'm going to be one of those people next year.

If it is 270, that means you have a 1 in 3 chance of a cocktail party ticket, which is pretty good odds, although I doubt my lucky streak will continue...lol and I'm just happy to be there for the weekend and a cocktail party ticket would just be a wonderful bonus
    Originally posted by SqueeG-1 View Post
    Seconded!

Just wanted to get an idea of the odds. Now I'll just cross my fingers... for the next couple of months... typing will be difficult.
    Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
    Even more chance, cause not everyone is applying for a CP ticket
    SJSL is correct, not all 270 register for the CP lottery so your chances are even better.

Originally posted by Sparkling View Post
    Hi guys, just registered for AT7. Hope I got a ticket.

Neep is pretty rad.

Guess who talked me into going to AT7 and registering for GW?
    That's great. I'm sure you'll get a ticket. Looking forward to meeting you.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

No, it's not.

The AT6 seating plan had 10 rows of 30 people. Not all places were filled cause of wheelchairs and such.

Also found this post on Facebook.
      AT6 did have 270 people
      When you are right - you're right! Oops!
      sigpic

Comment

Seconded!

Just wanted to get an idea of the odds. Now I'll just cross my fingers... for the next couple of months... typing will be difficult.
        I know of several people that have gone to the cocktail party before and are giving others a chance this time by not requesting a ticket. Me for one! So hope those who have never gone get the tickets first!

Originally posted by Sparkling
        Hi guys, just registered for AT7. Hope I got a ticket.

Neep is pretty rad.

Guess who talked me into going to AT7 and registering for GW?
        Welcome aboard - you will have a blast especially with Neep as your guide! Did she tell you how she raised money at AT5 yet!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
          Welcome aboard - you will have a blast especially with Neep as your guide! Did she tell you how she raised money at AT5 yet!
          Snerk!

Mumsey
          (Wishing she could be a fly on the wall when Neep explains. . .)
          For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

I know of several people that have gone to the cocktail party before and are giving others a chance this time by not requesting a ticket. Me for one! So hope those who have never gone get the tickets first!

Thank you so much for doing that! I really appreciate it! This shows once more how wonderful and beautiful this fandom is and I'm so proud to be part of it!

I'm so looking forward to meet each and every one of you and experience the joy, madness, laughter and love that the GABIT events are!

I still can't quite believe I'm going to meet Amanda for the first time in my life I'm excited and scared at the same time.. Excited because this is a dream come true and I'm so grateful to be giving this chance. Such a blessing! And scared because I fear I'll be completely overwhelmed by my emotions and I will break down in front of her. It's quite terrifying although I know I will have all my friends by my side...
            sigpic
            Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

Originally posted by Samfan13 View Post
              Thank you so much for doing that! I really appreciate it! This shows once more how wonderful and beautiful this fandom is and I'm so proud to be part of it!

I'm so looking forward to meet each and every one of you and experience the joy, madness, laughter and love that the GABIT events are!

I still can't quite believe I'm going to meet Amanda for the first time in my life I'm excited and scared at the same time.. Excited because this is a dream come true and I'm so grateful to be giving this chance. Such a blessing! And scared because I fear I'll be completely overwhelmed by my emotions and I will break down in front of her. It's quite terrifying although I know I will have all my friends by my side...
              No need to thank me...I'm just one of many who are doing that. As for completely being overwhelmed by your emotions when you see Amanda. You won't be the first or the last one to do that.....and she seems to have a real gentle way of calming you down. Oh and has anyone told you she is a hugger - and very good at it as well! Just remember to have two things for her to sign. Or you can pick up pictures while you are there. You are going to have a blast. And I look forward to meeting you!
              sigpic

Comment

No need to thank me...I'm just one of many who are doing that. As for completely being overwhelmed by your emotions when you see Amanda. You won't be the first or the last one to do that.....and she seems to have a real gentle way of calming you down. Oh and has anyone told you she is a hugger - and very good at it as well! Just remember to have two things for her to sign. Or you can pick up pictures while you are there. You are going to have a blast. And I look forward to meeting you!
                It's just soooo nice of all of you I've heard quite some people say that Amanda gives the best hugs and I can't wait to get one It still feels so surreal that this is actually going to happen and I keep thinking I'm dreaming! I have to keep pinching myself to convince me that it is not a dream hehe

I'm really looking forward to meeting you too and thanks for trying to settle my mind a bit. I'm still scared but if I happen to fall apart I know I've got plenty of people around me to catch me when I do And Amanda's love
                sigpic
                Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

Mumsey gives great hugs too. in fact i'm not 100% sure who is the best hugger.

Comment

Last time I felt pretty stink in the cocktail party knowing there were people outside who had never experienced it, so I didn't go for one this time either. Gonna lobby it!
                    Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Ahem...I did it...
                      sigpic
                      My vids Sig made by me

Comment

I had the pleasure of getting a pic with her at FanExpo over the summer and it's all just a blur! I'm hoping that if I have 3 days in her that I'll actually remember so of it.

And I join in SamFan13's gratitude for all those that were willing to give up their chance at the cocktail party so others would get the opportunity. Fantastic generousity.
                        sigpic
                        Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                          Snerk!

Mumsey
                          (Wishing she could be a fly on the wall when Neep explains. . .)
                          Ditto!

It's just soooo nice of all of you I've heard quite some people say that Amanda gives the best hugs and I can't wait to get one It still feels so surreal that this is actually going to happen and I keep thinking I'm dreaming! I have to keep pinching myself to convince me that it is not a dream hehe

I'm really looking forward to meeting you too and thanks for trying to settle my mind a bit. I'm still scared but if I happen to fall apart I know I've got plenty of people around me to catch me when I do And Amanda's love
                          As llp has said and as XF has admitted, it does happen. However, as has also been said, AT is amazing at dealing with those feelings. I was a psych major in my undergrad degree and I found it interesting to watch just how well AT deals with those situations. She has obviously had a lot of practice but I think she just instinctiviely knows the right thing to say/do. Also, you can go with your friends to the auto/photos so they will be a great help immediately prior. The Gabit staff are also terrific at helping those who feel a bit overwhelmed. I am sure you will be fine but rest assured there will be a whole gang there looking out for you.

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                          Last time I felt pretty stink in the cocktail party knowing there were people outside who had never experienced it, so I didn't go for one this time either. Gonna lobby it!
                          I'm sorry to hear that, I don't think anyone who enters or wins the CP lottery should feel bad about it. I have chosen to sit out, as I am doing again this time, but I also went last year even though I had been before. Other years I entered the lottery but wasn't chosen. I think everyone should do what they chose and not feel bad about whatever happens. It is, afterall, the luck of the draw. The CP can be lots of fun (although, honestly, some years were less fun than others) but it can be great fun going to dinner with friends or hanging out in the lobby. The only bad thing about me not going to the CP next time is no red dress!

I had the pleasure of getting a pic with her at FanExpo over the summer and it's all just a blur! I'm hoping that if I have 3 days in her that I'll actually remember so of it.

And I join in SamFan13's gratitude for all those that were willing to give up their chance at the cocktail party so others would get the opportunity. Fantastic generousity.
                          Hate to tell you but mostly the 3 days will be a blur as well!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                            Ditto!

As llp has said and as XF has admitted, it does happen. However, as has also been said, AT is amazing at dealing with those feelings. I was a psych major in my undergrad degree and I found it interesting to watch just how well AT deals with those situations. She has obviously had a lot of practice but I think she just instinctiviely knows the right thing to say/do. Also, you can go with your friends to the auto/photos so they will be a great help immediately prior. The Gabit staff are also terrific at helping those who feel a bit overwhelmed. I am sure you will be fine but rest assured there will be a whole gang there looking out for you.

I'm sorry to hear that, I don't think anyone who enters or wins the CP lottery should feel bad about it. I have chosen to sit out, as I am doing again this time, but I also went last year even though I had been before. Other years I entered the lottery but wasn't chosen. I think everyone should do what they chose and not feel bad about whatever happens. It is, afterall, the luck of the draw. The CP can be lots of fun (although, honestly, some years were less fun than others) but it can be great fun going to dinner with friends or hanging out in the lobby. The only bad thing about me not going to the CP next time is no red dress!

Hate to tell you but mostly the 3 days will be a blur as well!
                            Thank you Eh-T, for the bolded (my bolding). I have been before, applied but not been chosen (and seeing as every single one of the people I was hanging out with at the time did get in that year, it was a brutally bittersweet time in the lobby and afterwards), and chosen to not apply (and then had to convince my roomie, who was a first-time attendee and awarded a ticket, to not give it up, because she was feeling guilty about getting the CP ticket over others who didn't).

I'm sure the discussion hasn't been intended as such, but I've been alternating between feeling uncomfortable about having asked to go in the draw as a repeat attendee, and feeling indignant that I do that feel that way, seeing as there are those who have been many more times than I. Either way - not emotions I usually associate with GABIT events.

I know both practically and from experience that the weekend is what you make of it - and I have been blessed to have had many good times and oodles of fond memories to look back upon. (Every time I think of Nero, or see a box of blue jello, I grin... and then there's the sharing of anecdotes with friends back home - I've been told my whole face lights up as I animatedly discuss lobby antics, costumes from the ball, my own goofiness, the charities and the crazy things we do to raise funds for them... ) I think AT7 will likely be my final jaunt out to the Ren, and whether I am awarded a ticket for the cocktail party or not, I hope to make the best of every moment of this event!
                            ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                            ames on facebook
                            ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
                              I'm sure the discussion hasn't been intended as such, but I've been alternating between feeling uncomfortable about having asked to go in the draw as a repeat attendee, and feeling indignant that I do feel that way, seeing as there are those who have been many more times than I. Either way - not emotions I usually associate with GABIT events.
                              Ditto on this bolded part. Tx for your post EH-T.

I think my favourite friday-evening this far has been the one at AT6. A very nice dinner with 4 friends.
                              But I like keeping my options open, so entered the lottery. We'll see what happens
                              sigpic

Comment

Ditto on this bolded part. Tx for your post EH-T.

I think my favourite friday-evening this far has been the one at AT6. A very nice dinner with 4 friends.
                                But I like keeping my options open, so entered the lottery. We'll see what happens
                                At first I was like "Whaaaaat! You have other friends???"

then I remembered I was there.

we left googly eyes on the ketchup bottle.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X