GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I packed sunday afternoon for my 6am Monday flight

I wish you guys could meet Sile, one of the baby orphanage girls. When I first started going a few weeks ago she was unresponsive. I would say her name near her ear and nothing- I thought she was deaf. Today she was laughing away... Gasping with laughter every time I bounced her. Arrgggh. Stupid adoption laws.
    Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
      I got my travel cards last week...so my currency is sorted-ish.
      Still hoping the email from Mumsey comes before I leave...I'm not sure how I will print it out after I leave.
      Can you not see your email on your phone?

Only a very few days now until Eh-T is dressed like a stripper...

Comment

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
        Sorry this is my fault, I got an ear infection then a computer virus
        Huh. Really are the Borg.

Comment

Originally posted by MayoGate View Post
          Actually I'm not sure how I'll do it as I'll be using a pre paid sim card - never used the iphone out of the country let alone print something from it so it's all new...I'm sure someone will help if I need it.
          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I have unleashed the e-tickets onto the internet they should be landing in your inboxes soon. Please check your spam filters before contacting us.

Best becks

Comment

I have unleashed the e-tickets onto the internet they should be landing in your inboxes soon. Please check your spam filters before contacting us.

Best becks
              I assume that the emails will be sent to the email address that was entered during registration. If so, there will be a slight issue with mine. My dear friend PengYn entered my email incorrectly when she registered us . I am not sure if it was updated or fixed in the system. I've checked my email and spam filter and haven't gotten it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post
                I assume that the emails will be sent to the email address that was entered during registration. If so, there will be a slight issue with mine. My dear friend PengYn entered my email incorrectly when she registered us . I am not sure if it was updated or fixed in the system. I've checked my email and spam filter and haven't gotten it yet.
                you need to e-mail reg and we will redirect.

becks

Comment

Does anyone have any off season hotel recommendations? Cheap is good.
                  sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
                  "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
                  My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                    10 days til AT6 Ripples!!
                    I'M NOT READY!

Sorry this is my fault, I got an ear infection then a computer virus so my puter was sick all yesterday. I am trying to get them sending out today. Mumsey will post when the deed is done. If anyone can't print make sure you have your AT6 number and ID.

Best Becks
                    Hope you and the computer are both feeling better.

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                    I packed sunday afternoon for my 6am Monday flight

I wish you guys could meet Sile, one of the baby orphanage girls. When I first started going a few weeks ago she was unresponsive. I would say her name near her ear and nothing- I thought she was deaf. Today she was laughing away... Gasping with laughter every time I bounced her. Arrgggh. Stupid adoption laws.
                    How wonderful it must be to see the change in her.

Only a very few days now until Eh-T is dressed like a stripper...
                    That's quite enough of that! Not dressing like a stripper, merely wearing the shoes! For charity!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Y'know, there's this bright green post-it that sits on my "reminders board" filled with a myriad of other brightly coloured post-its. It says this: "january 2012 - email mumsey and change amanda's email addy". There's just no getting around how much I suck, is there? Definitely not the year of the penguin, that's for sure.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
                        Y'know, there's this bright green post-it that sits on my "reminders board" filled with a myriad of other brightly coloured post-its. It says this: "january 2012 - email mumsey and change amanda's email addy". There's just no getting around how much I suck, is there? Definitely not the year of the penguin, that's for sure.
                        You don't suck!

Comment

Becks - I hope you get to feeling better soon! *hugs*

Eh-T - shoes for charity good, randomly dressing up the rest of your person in said theme also potentially good at ball, depending on how you swing your backstory...but decidedly out of character otherwise!

Antoa - any luck with the research on the mobile internet provider? You have me curious now! *returns to debating on whether to bring along my netbook or not*

Pengyn - I feel your pain! *tries to ignore mountains of filing and piles of STUFF that needs sorting* :/ *commiserating hugs*

In news of amyness, I had my first official performance review at work last night (and did quite well, thank you boss that I already loved ), got the bank stuff sorted this morning so hopefully my fundage will arrive in the UK before I will , and am currently getting snow tires rotated onto my car (because my mother is convinced we'll have snow before I return...and frankly, I don't disagree...). Have rung the super to get details on in-house unit transfers (they're upgrading the building, so are encouraging current tenants to rent the new units so they can then upgrade the newly vacated unit as well -- it's quite a rent hike for the joys of new flooring and whites (are they still called whites when the appliances are now stainless steel? Hmmmm), although the ability to control one's heat (which we can't do now - other than by opening/closing windows of course) and the increased square footage are definitely intriguing perks). I have a feeling there will be some heated discussion here in the next few days before I leave!
                          ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                          ames on facebook
                          ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

The reviews I have read online for Tep wireless seem to be positive (for the most part) for those that used it in the UK and not quite as favorable from those that used it outside of the UK.

I am leaning towards renting a device. They use the '3' network. The map shows that there is coverage at the Ren. It's only $56 (35GBP) for 'unlimited data' (really 400mb 'fair use' from what I've read) for the time I am there. The Ren charges 15GBP a day (PengYn called and asked) so that would be anywhere from 60GBP (if I don't get it on the day I get there and the day I leave) to 90GBP (for 6 days).

Also, just got my e-ticket! So exciting!

Comment

The reviews I have read online for Tep wireless seem to be positive (for the most part) for those that used it in the UK and not quite as favorable from those that used it outside of the UK.

I am leaning towards renting a device. They use the '3' network. The map shows that there is coverage at the Ren. It's only $56 (35GBP) for 'unlimited data' (really 400mb 'fair use' from what I've read) for the time I am there. The Ren charges 15GBP a day (PengYn called and asked) so that would be anywhere from 60GBP (if I don't get it on the day I get there and the day I leave) to 90GBP (for 6 days).

Also, just got my e-ticket! So exciting!
                              3 has brilliant coverage at the Ren - even down in the basement

Comment

3 has brilliant coverage at the Ren - even down in the basement
                                That is encouraging I always have crap cell/data reception at any hotel near the airports near here so I was a tad concerned. Looks like I might just give this company a whurl.

Comment

Working...
                                X