No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was in Marks and Spenser yesterday in York and there was a hearing dog. the gentleman said he got her 4 weeks ago to replace one that died. It was great to see a charity we support helping people.

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
      I think I may remember you, and some of the others... I do have a bit of dyslexia matching names to faces sometimes, but with serial offenders I do get to remember - eventually.

To answer the other question regarding seats, we don't issue a chart, but seat numbers will show on the E Tickets.

Not long now.

Mumsey
      Oooh *hopes for a serial offender title*

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
      Fun! something for the cocktail party?
      No, no cocktail party this time, spending the day in the big city instead, as Donna and I haven't seen it before.
      I thought stripper shoes were mandatory.
      For you they are. *evil laugh*
      Originally posted by starsong101 View Post
      Well Mumsey: I'm already in England York to be specific can I just show you my confirmation on my computer. I saved it to my email. I'm legal I promise I'll print it up when I reach to REN. It's no big deal.
      Don't if you're aware already and if you are I do apologize for being nosy lol. But do you know that the GABIT team will email you an actual e-ticket (soon, don't panic yet hehe!) this is the bit you need for registration, not the initial confirmation email IIRC (doubts self a little, I could be wrong)

Julia(samcarterules)
      sigpic
      Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
        Waiting to watch you badge yourself...
        Tried it once, it hurt.

Originally posted by llp View Post
        And you will all be happy to know that I found the "SHOES"!

Apparently they were in my closet all the time!
        I shall try to contain my excitement.

Originally posted by lbruce1980 View Post
        Can I just say it has been a real hoot talking to everyone on here and reading all of your posts, you obviously have formed great friendships here and I am so looking forward to being a part of that and meeting all of you guys for the first time at AT6, feel so lucky now to actually be going! Thanks for making this noob and most likely every other noob so so welcome and like part of a family!
        Can you actually follow what we are talking about? We are soooo all over the map (in more ways than one).

Originally posted by ames View Post
        Just reading the thread lately is getting me more excited to go ... still not stressing too much, although I'm sure that'll hit shortly!!! So much to do, so little time ... about this time next week I'll be either trying to force myself to sleep, or last minute frantically searching for something vitally important, as it'll be 4.5 hours before my ride to the airport is due to arrive...

PS: any requests for Canadian stuff? Just to be clear, I draw the line at live mounties. They simply will not fold enough to fit into my luggage properly, and tend to be in rather distressing moods by the time you arrive in the UK...

PPS: Hey Mumsey, do I count as a serial offender? o.O
        (I think the part up for interpretation is probably the offender of/to what? LOL)
        I'm gonna guess yes.

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
        I am getting ridiculously excited. I was giving some of the girls computer lessons and I googled a photo of Amanda holding one of them (she is so cute) and they exclaimed "sister Amanda!" and started chatting excitedly in Nepali. Aaawww.

I don't know what I can do about chocolate. Some volunteers are taking me into town on Saturday so I will see if I can find something in the tourist shops.

That is so sweet.

Originally posted by 2Shy View Post
        *rushes into thread*
        You called ma'am?
        I can report that operation "Get EH-T some dandy fine Fazer Mints" is a go, ma'am!

You're right guys, haven't been around GW much lately, RL sort of whisked me away there for a bit, good times! Now I'm starting to get into the AT6 excitement groove again
        Can't wait to meet up with old friends again and see some new faces too. And to all you that will start your travels soon, have safe flights and rides!
        You are awesome! Anyone who brings me Fazermints gets an all weekend badge free pass!

Can't wait to see you again (and not just because of the chocolate).

Originally posted by starsong101 View Post
        I was in Marks and Spenser yesterday in York and there was a hearing dog. the gentleman said he got her 4 weeks ago to replace one that died. It was great to see a charity we support helping people.
        That is awesome.

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
        Oooh *hopes for a serial offender title*

No, no cocktail party this time, spending the day in the big city instead, as Donna and I haven't seen it before.

For you they are. *evil laugh*

Don't if you're aware already and if you are I do apologize for being nosy lol. But do you know that the GABIT team will email you an actual e-ticket (soon, don't panic yet hehe!) this is the bit you need for registration, not the initial confirmation email IIRC (doubts self a little, I could be wrong)

Julia(samcarterules)
        That's quite enough of that young lady!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

That's quite enough of that young lady!
          Woohoo!!!! Yes! Auntie EH-T said the magic words. My work here is done!

Julia(samcarterrules)
          Last edited by samcarterrules; 25 October 2012, 10:50 PM.
          sigpic
          Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

So. Are people going to be in London after at6 for long? I've been left in charge of sorting out mine and Eileen's time, and was wondering who'd still be around to hang!
            sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
            "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
            My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
              Woohoo!!!! Yes! Auntie EH-T said the magic words. My here is done!

Julia(samcarterrules)
              Badge is not having desired effect. *shakes badge*

Originally posted by Spacegirlnz View Post
              So. Are people going to be in London after at6 for long? I've been left in charge of sorting out mine and Eileen's time, and was wondering who'd still be around to hang!
              Sorry, I am heading home first thing on the Monday morning.

Comment

Tried it once, it hurt.

Badge is not having desired effect. *shakes badge*
                So, the badge is now a snow globe? No wonder your arm is tired.
                Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                Anon

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post

So, the badge is now a snow globe? No wonder your arm is tired.
                  I am a luddite. Shaking things is how we always make them work.

Comment

I have a couple of questions. I am thinking about renting a personal internet device for my time there.

First off, does anyone know/remember how much the hotel charges for wireless and if they charge per room or per device? My roomie and I would need to connect via at least 3 devices (2 laptops and a phone).

Second, does anyone have any experience with Tep Wireless? I can rent a device for less than $50 for the 5 days that I am there and will have unlimited data (thought really only 400MB a day because of 'fair use'). I can pick it up and drop it off at the airport. I am just looking for some first hand experience.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post
                      I have a couple of questions. I am thinking about renting a personal internet device for my time there.

First off, does anyone know/remember how much the hotel charges for wireless and if they charge per room or per device? My roomie and I would need to connect via at least 3 devices (2 laptops and a phone).

Second, does anyone have any experience with Tep Wireless? I can rent a device for less than $50 for the 5 days that I am there and will have unlimited data (thought really only 400MB a day because of 'fair use'). I can pick it up and drop it off at the airport. I am just looking for some first hand experience.

Thanks!
                      I'm afraid that the only advice I can offer is if the technology is not working, shake it.

Comment

well, the dreaded day has arrived. tomorrow morning i drive Bubba to michigan on the 1st leg of his trip to his foster home. he'll be there about 2 weeks until his new family comes back from vacation. i have these feelings of impending doom hanging over me. i am so incredibly depressed about having to give him up. tonight i took him for his last walk and cried the whole time. i really hate this. i'll be glad when tomorrow is over. this will make it really hard to enjoy my birthdays anymore.

Comment

if he were only about 100 lbs lighter, then not such a handful (((hugs)))
                          sigpic

Comment

12 days til AT6 Ripples!!
                            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post

Thanks!
                              IIRC, it was cheaper to get the 'per person' (or I suppose it would be 'per room', although you can access the internet from the lobby as well) for a larger chunk of time than the shorter time frames in their computer room, although I don't recall the actual prices. I do remember it was very reasonable. You received a code, so from your device went to a specific website, entered the code, and your access counted down from there (regardless of how much time was spent online - it's a literal x hours from the time you enter the code). I only tried to use it on a single device, but I would presume it to work on more than one - just not at the same time.

I've not had experience with Tep before, but it sounds like a good deal, knowing how expensive getting 24hrs of coverage in a hostel/hotel can add up... *contemplates*
                              ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                              ames on facebook
                              ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

((((Hugs Mocha & Bubba))))
                                For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X