• Time
  • Show
Clear All

34 days til AT6 Ripples!!
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I have no idea what to wear to the cocktail party - I have to be careful what to pack because I don't want to pack an outift I'll only wear once on my trip. Might just throw in the skirt, shirt and heels with tights...I dunno. I'm not a dress person...I own two dresses, both of which are probably not going to travel with me.
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

i'll be wearing the same thing i wore the last 2 times. it's the only time i've had to dress up and i don't want to spend more on something to wear one time. i pretty much live in slacks and t-shirt. it's comfy and i never go anyplace fancy. that's me take it or leave it. i know everybody thinks i am a slave to fashion, but it's just not true.

Comment

am finally going full blast with carving my puzzle box for the AT6 auction. have been meeting with a master wood carver and have learned a lot. most importantly-how not to cut myself. i'm doing the carving on a piece of wood as practice then will do the actual box. i was afraid to start on it earlier-before my Bubba calmed done some because i was afraid he would just come by and plop his slobbery muzzle on top of what i'm working on and that could be bad with very sharp carving tools. but it's going pretty well and i have a deadline of halloween. learning a lot about shadows and depth and that kinda stuff as well as which type blade is best for certain cuts. i enjoy it. this box will have a music box movement in it also. -so cool. wish me luck and hopefully i will still have all my fingers with me when i come to AT6.

Comment

I used to collect music boxes - I love them. You go girl!
            sigpic

Comment

Sounds like another beautiful box being completed! Just remember - no finger or paw parts allowed!
              As for the cocktail party - no dress coming with me either. Wearing satin or silk pants and a silk blouse - as dressy as I get. I like casual as well. My days of getting really dressed up ended when I turned around 40 - and that was a very ( ) long time ago!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                I have no idea what to wear to the cocktail party - I have to be careful what to pack because I don't want to pack an outift I'll only wear once on my trip. Might just throw in the skirt, shirt and heels with tights...I dunno. I'm not a dress person...I own two dresses, both of which are probably not going to travel with me.
                I usually wear smart trousers and some sort of dressy top. Comfy and sparkly.

Mumsey
                For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                  I usually wear smart trousers and some sort of dressy top. Comfy and sparkly.

Mumsey
                  We could have worn matching t-shirts with random Dutch writing this year!

Comment

Originally posted by MayoGate View Post
                    Hehe ... and .. the helpful person that I am of course I would have given you plenty suggestions
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MayoGate View Post
                      Too late - they've gone now. You should have mentioned it earlier...

Mumsey
                      For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

I thought of it too late

Annelies, I fear you may have used my relative ignorance of your language to yer advantage

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                          I have a question. I recall that at the end of the JTR Walk the guide pointed out a street close by that had great Indian restaurants. Anyone know the name of the street?
                          Hi!

If you meant the tour that starts at 7.30pm and leaves from Tower Hill. It ends near Aldgate East tube station, which links Whitechapel road, Brick Lane, Commercial street and Aldgate High Street - all of which have various Indian restaurants. I think Brick Lane is the one with a lot of them.

Bye!
                          sigpic

Comment

O M G!!!!!!!!!

I just sent payment off for a ticket that became available!!!!!!!!

Arrrghhh I'm coming to AT6!!

yyyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

Just have to pay the person, hope it all goes through okay!!

So please tell me tell me tell me what is the abnormals party, and how many packets of Tim Tams am I bringing to the chocolate party!!!!! lol I'm thinking 1 suitcase full of them lol! I'm down on the list to come to the JTR tour so is anyone else going? OMG I'm so excited - I can't stop smiling!

I won't be posting this on my FB page though as I have decided to bring my Dad with me and suprise our UK family who are all friends on FB! They haven't seen him for 15 years!!
                            Which means I get to share my good news with you guys and you guys only - I'm so excited I just had to tell someone!!

I can't believe it!!

I'm so looking forward to meeting all of you!!! Apparently there's hugs too?

See you guys in a few weeks time!!
                            WACKO!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lbruce1980 View Post
                              O M G!!!!!!!!!

I just sent payment off for a ticket that became available!!!!!!!!

Arrrghhh I'm coming to AT6!!

yyyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

Just have to pay the person, hope it all goes through okay!!

So please tell me tell me tell me what is the abnormals party, and how many packets of Tim Tams am I bringing to the chocolate party!!!!! lol I'm thinking 1 suitcase full of them lol! I'm down on the list to come to the JTR tour so is anyone else going? OMG I'm so excited - I can't stop smiling!

I won't be posting this on my FB page though as I have decided to bring my Dad with me and suprise our UK family who are all friends on FB! They haven't seen him for 15 years!!
                              Which means I get to share my good news with you guys and you guys only - I'm so excited I just had to tell someone!!

I can't believe it!!

I'm so looking forward to meeting all of you!!! Apparently there's hugs too?

See you guys in a few weeks time!!
                              Congrats on the ticket - I also left you a message on Gabit. The Abnormal Ball - is a party on Sat night about 3 hours after AT6 ends for the evening. You are suppose to come as your favorite Abnormal. Some come in costumes = others have "internal" abnormalities - therefore no costume. You are suppose to tell them at the door what your abnormality is??? There is recorded music and dancing - somewhere during the evening there is line dancing (and instructions on how to do them)!

As for TimTams - I doubt you will need a suitcase full. No one expects anyone to bring that much. If you bring a few packages - that should be okay. Much better to spend your money on donating to S4K! Welcome aboard!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                                Hi guys. An exhausting 2 days! I have briefly met the children from all of the houses except Sanctuary House, who I will meet tomorrow. They are all so beautiful! This morning we joined them on the walk to school and some of them had their noses in their books even as they walked to their exams Namaste!
                                Wonderful!
                                sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Working...
                                X