GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rune
    *sigh* I had every intention of behaving myself in here today, no poking fun at anyone at all ... see where it gets me, yep. I have to work on resisting temptation.
    To quote: "I can resist everything but temptation." --Oscar Wilde

From my experience of Kliggs I'd say that was one of her better 5 minutes
    I'll drink to that
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
      There are four summer months????? We get about four hours of summer...if we're lucky!
      Ah.... you see, I wouldn't know, not having spent much time in the Uk over the past couple of years. And not often at all in summer.
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Any Scots accent is cool! Yes, we're taking over. Today the Gateworld Gabit thread, tomorrow, the world! Muaahahahaha!
        Dream on!
        sigpic

Comment

I was looking through my photos of Gabit, and came across one of Kliggans (on one of her better days!) .....

-----> <-----
          That is not one of my good days. That was after I saw you first thing in the morning.
          sigpic

Comment

*sigh* I had every intention of behaving myself in here today, no poking fun at anyone at all ... see where it gets me, yep. I have to work on resisting temptation.

From my experience of Kliggs I'd say that was one of her better 5 minutes
            I knew not poking fun at anybody would last for all of ....lets see.....2 seconds. Actually I am surprised it lasted that long.

You'll be safe talking me me SS, I am certified accent free!
            Oh please, you have a nice English accent thick enough to cut though.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
              I knew not poking fun at anybody would last for all of ....lets see.....2 seconds. Actually I am surprised it lasted that long.
              I made a special effort cos it was you

Oh please, you have a nice English accent thick enough to cut though.
              Cut through what? The crumpets?

And pfft, you're the one with the accent, please bring some flashcards in Nov so I can get the gist of it this time

Comment

I made a special effort cos it was you
                Don't I feel warm and fuzzy now?

Cut through what? The crumpets?

And pfft, you're the one with the accent, please bring some flashcards in Nov so I can get the gist of it this time
                I am from the western US; we have no accents.

No problem with flash cards. I will make them nice and big so you have no problem seeing them. *smiles sweetly*
                sigpic

Comment

Have you been sticking dryer lint to your head again

No problem with flash cards. I will make them nice and big so you have no problem seeing them. *smiles sweetly*
                  Thank you. Please though for your own sake, remember to use small words when you write them so that you understand what you're trying to say. I don't want to have to lug a dictionary round again. *smiles innocently*

Comment

[QUOTE=Rune]Have you been sticking dryer lint to your head again

No, I leave those antics to you.

Thank you. Please though for your own sake, remember to use small words when you write them so that you understand what you're trying to say. I don't want to have to lug a dictionary round again. *smiles innocently*
                    I don't have to understand what I am trying to say, you are the one that is reading them. You can read, can't you. Maybe I should use pictures instead?
                    sigpic

Comment

Have you been sticking dryer lint to your head again
                      No, I leave those antics to you.

Oh please, dryer lint is so last season, dahling.

I don't have to understand what I am trying to say, you are the one that is reading them. You can read, can't you. Maybe I should use pictures instead?
                      Only if they are brightly coloured otherwise you'll lose my atten... hey look a penny!!!!

Comment

[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]Oh please, dryer lint is so last season, dahling.
                        Like you would know what was last season *snort*

Only if they are brightly coloured otherwise you'll lose my atten... hey look a penny!!!!
                        Honestly, I don't even think brightly coloured pictures will help with your atten...
                        Last edited by Kliggins; 19 January 2006, 02:54 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Don't take the mick. I often have to watch Stargate with subtitles cos the accents confuse me.
                          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

You'll be safe talking me me SS, I am certified accent free!
                            *giggles* Ah... it's too bad GABIT wasn't longer than just 48 hours.... Methinks I'll have to make sure I get to bed early that Weds. & Thurs. before the con, so that I'm ready to make it on three hours sleep as I try to keep up with the Kligs and Rune show!

LOL! So we're all going to walk in claiming to have no accents... But see here in the mid-Atlantic region - we don't have an accent either. Too far south to have the accents of the north (Bostonian, Bronx, etc.), too far north to have any of the myriad of southern drawls (clipped Texan twang, North Carolinan drawl, etc.). Plus there's so many people from all over the country and the world living in this area, that all those accents negate each other and we have *no* accent.
                            Last edited by ShimmeringStar; 19 January 2006, 04:08 PM.
                            Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                            My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Sorry Gabiteers, but since I am a member of the Musicians Union, I have taken it upon myself to stand up for keeping music live (or in my case, half-dead!). To this end, I am posting the official Union banner...

"What? No disco at Gabit?" I can hear you all cry. Well, I would like to *cough* offer my services as Entertainments Officer. As you can see, I am fully equipped for this arduous job. Once you've heard my rendition of "Y.M.C.A." accompanied by myself on the banjo and Baggie on didgeridoo, you'll wonder why we weren't asked to perform last time!

*runs away from various fruit being thrown*
                              sigpic

Comment

Sorry Gabiteers, but since I am a member of the Musicians Union, I have taken it upon myself to stand up for keeping music live (or in my case, half-dead!). To this end, I am posting the official Union banner...

"What? No disco at Gabit?" I can hear you all cry. Well, I would like to *cough* offer my services as Entertainments Officer. As you can see, I am fully equipped for this arduous job. Once you've heard my rendition of "Y.M.C.A." accompanied by myself on the banjo and Baggie on didgeridoo, you'll wonder why we weren't asked to perform last time!

*runs away from various fruit being thrown*
                                Lovely self portrait; looks just like you, down to the red nose. *lobs veggies at Bev*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X