GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
    well i finally started working on the puzzle box i'm making for the AT6 auction. my Mocha's death and then Bubba's adoption have taken its toll on my time. bubba is finally at the point where he can go 5 minutes without being petted or hugged by me. so i can now start. wish i could remember the stuff the master carver told me at the carving class that i took several months ago. i think i'll be having a lot of late nights working on this box to get done on time. wish me luck.
    Good luck. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Mumsey
    For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Speaking of auction items - I offered one up some time last year and more recently sent another email to confirm that the item was still wanted/needed since so much time had gone by. I never heard anything back.

Should I try emailing again? Just bring the item and assume it is needed/wanted?

Comment

I saw on one of my online newspapers that there seems to be some significant rainfall and a lot of flooding all over the UK. I saw the BBC pictures of York and the road ways. Holy crap! Are all our UK Gabiteers okay?

Keeping good thoughts for you

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post
          Speaking of auction items - I offered one up some time last year and more recently sent another email to confirm that the item was still wanted/needed since so much time had gone by. I never heard anything back.

Should I try emailing again? Just bring the item and assume it is needed/wanted?
          you should definitely email again. i just found out that the deadline for submitting photos of your donation is Wed. my item won't be finished in time for a photo, but they can also put in a description. send another email.

Comment

40 days til AT6 Ripples!!
            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
              And people think I talk too much Can't wait to see you in London!

Just settling into my last day of work... shouldn't really be on the internet. I fly out in 2 days!

Edit to add:

My team leader just told me that instead of a leaving gift they are going to make a donation instead, and was that ok? I teared up and said it was perfect. I'm going to miss this place so much.
              Safe journey.

Originally posted by starsong101 View Post
              I'm off to UK just three more weeks and counting. Whoopee.....
              A wee bit early but safe journey to you too.

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
              Congrats on the milestone - sorry I couldn't green you but the fridge won't open.
              Time for a new fridge

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
              well i finally started working on the puzzle box i'm making for the AT6 auction. my Mocha's death and then Bubba's adoption have taken its toll on my time. bubba is finally at the point where he can go 5 minutes without being petted or hugged by me. so i can now start. wish i could remember the stuff the master carver told me at the carving class that i took several months ago. i think i'll be having a lot of late nights working on this box to get done on time. wish me luck.
              Good luck.

Originally posted by starsong101 View Post
              I saw on one of my online newspapers that there seems to be some significant rainfall and a lot of flooding all over the UK. I saw the BBC pictures of York and the road ways. Holy crap! Are all our UK Gabiteers okay?

Keeping good thoughts for you
              Ditto.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post

Please email me at [email protected] and let me know what it is and if possible a photo. I will send on to Rebecca who has had email issues recently which might be because she has moved into her first home. I am acting as a backup for anyone emailing, although most things are now sorted. It's not too late but it's getting close. Sorry your email never seemed to have got through but honestly not seen it but your offer is welcome.

Julia
                To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
                  Please email me at [email protected] and let me know what it is and if possible a photo. I will send on to Rebecca who has had email issues recently which might be because she has moved into her first home. I am acting as a backup for anyone emailing, although most things are now sorted. It's not too late but it's getting close. Sorry your email never seemed to have got through but honestly not seen it but your offer is welcome.

Julia
                  I've had the same issue, Julia.Would you mind an email from me as well?
                  sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

It took about a month and a half before I received an email reply from Rebecca and that was after repeated attempts to contact her. By then I had given up the idea since the item being made needed plenty of time and planning (quilts).

Funny thing is, after she replied, she told me the items weren't needed and I was free to donate something else.

Comment

As I say, Becka moved into her first house recently following the whole summer working on the Olympics without a break..
                      We found out that the email addy which was allocated to Charity had not been forwarding the emails to her so once we had sorted that out things improved.

Please bear in mind that with the exception of the G4, all staff work for us as volunteers, which means in their spare time.
                      They cannot, and we don't expect them to, answer as promptly as us. We are grateful, as a non profit making enterprise, to have family and friends who dedicate any of their time in roles we have no time to engage in.
                      If it wasn't for them Gabit couldn't keep going.

We are grateful for all donations and get dozens and dozens of offers. We treasure every one but cannot accommodate all in our auctions. (unless everyone wants to be in the hall til midnight)! ;D

Julia

Comment

Amanda, Becka has been back through her emails and read me her
                        Reply to you on 21st October 2011 where she said she
                        Was delighted to have your fleece blanket for AT6.
                        She did not have your second email. If you send her a photo
                        Before Tuesday the photo will join the description in the catalogue.

Julia

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                          I've had the same issue, Julia.Would you mind an email from me as well?
                          Of course. Could you do that with photo today. Thx

Julia
                          x

Comment

At the risk of voicing the unpopular opinion yet again - can I please NOT be in the hall til midnight? ;-) That would just make the 6am thing so much worse... thanks muchly.

RebeccaFace was having issues with bouncing emails for a while it was WAY annoying.
                            I think she found it extra annoying because she was so excited about all the stuff she'd been offered - kid in a candy store springs to mind...

But I do know she was definitely inundated with offers, especially for quilts - there were A LOT of offers of quilts so that is probably why that one was declined, there's only so many things that can be sold in the time allowed.

If anybody is desperate to talk to Rebecca get an answer they can email me too - I talk to her often (not by email, and she is frequently working bizarre hours that don't apply to normal people too - so feel free.
                            Last edited by mthet; 30 September 2012, 04:39 AM. Reason: In case anyone does want it: the mayo [at] gabit events [dot] co [dot] uk

Comment

I sent a couple of things - please feel free to hold them over for another time if you want.
                              I had issues with the emails a while ago too but thankfully Julia helped me out.
                              Cannot wait to see everyone again in 39 days.
                              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                                I sent a couple of things - please feel free to hold them over for another time if you want.
                                I had issues with the emails a while ago too but thankfully Julia helped me out.
                                Cannot wait to see everyone again in 39 days.
                                Chelle, could you drop me a note about the provenance of the mouse?
                                Thx
                                x

Comment

Working...
                                X