GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
    We only had the initial news report and then nothing further. Has he been released?

How big is Fedcon?
    He's being held and is waiting to see a judge. Before they can decide to extradite him (can't believe we apparently have an extradition treaty with Costa Rica!) they have to issue an arrest order.

Fedcon used to be a pretty big Star Trek only event and AFAIK the first one to hold conventions in Germany. Around 5000 guests. They transformed into a SciFi event a while ago and now invite everyone and their mother.
    Not sure how big they are now but they apparently still sell out.
    The one next weekend offers day tickets but weekend passes are sold out.

Here's a link to the Fedcon site: http://www.fedcon.de/

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
      I'll get around to updating the emails end of this week or over the weekend. Working two jobs with over 60+ hours a week kinda makes you selective with free time when it suddenly opens up for you. Plus, kinda plotting for my trip to Oregon/Washington in a couple weeks as well.
      Well I suppose I can forgive you this time
      Hope all is going well with the jobs, and enjoy your trip!
      ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
      ames on facebook
      ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
        She lies! One ended up in New Zealand via Edmonton. True story.
        She might not be lying. It might not have been triplets. Who knows how many Eh-Ts are running around in various different countries?

Comment

Originally posted by Trindajae View Post
          She might not be lying. It might not have been triplets. Who knows how many Eh-Ts are running around in various different countries?
          Scary thought.

Spoiler:
          j/k

Comment

Oooh, she has a (potential) point!

ames on facebook

Comment

CLONES!!!!
              Could be a good thing tho...right???
              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                CLONES!!!!
                Sure! I mean, you can never have too much (many of?) Eh-T, IMO

ames on facebook

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                  We only had the initial news report and then nothing further. Has he been released?
                  Originally posted by Fresh_Horse View Post
                  He's being held and is waiting to see a judge. Before they can decide to extradite him (can't believe we apparently have an extradition treaty with Costa Rica!) they have to issue an arrest order.
                  The Sea Shepherds ask their supporters to contact the German Minister of Justice, Sabine Leutheusser-Schnarrenberger to appeal for Paul Watson's freedom. Stupid double names, we just call her Schnarre, just not to her face.

Anyway, they are trying to determine what prompted the arrest warrant. The German media thinks it's got to do with Watson having a water cannon aimed at Costa Rican fishermen/shark poachers.
                  Seriously, if we start extraditing people because of that it's only a matter of time until we extradite people to China because they kicked over a bag of rice there.

Seeing some of the sh** you get away with in Germany, my tax money would be better spend chasing some other guys.
                  And yes, I am aware of the usual methods of the Sea Shepherds and do not necessarily agree with them and am also aware of the way Watson likes to spin stories to suit him best. That is also what the media does and this time they got nothing to make the arrest warrant seem valid.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T

Originally posted by Fresh_Horse View Post
                    Costa Rica has been a democracy for many decades and use to be one of the most reasonable countries in Latin America but sadly times have changed. My friend married someone from there and has lived there for decades. She is retiring this year because the government is going to cut the teacher's salaries and their retirements in half. If retired, it won't affect her - at least yet!

The stupidity on Germany's side I can't attest to, but it is obviously there! I also don't always agree with the Sea Shepards methods but in this case, the boat were illegally killing shark. I don't think they did anything since the fishing boat ran into problems of their own, but to be dragged back to CR in handcuffs! No Way!

Shame on Germany and Shame on Costa Rica!
                    sigpic

Comment

Ooh extradition treaties are quite topical over here right now.

I don't know the details of what he was extradited for, not overly interested tbh - but every time you break the law you are accepting the consequences so if he wanted to avoid situations like this the answer is pretty simple.

And you can't really blame Germany, I'd like to think our borders were actively extraditing criminals, but right now it just seems like we're keeping them all and spending ridiculous amounts of money instead.

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                        She lies! One ended up in New Zealand via Edmonton. True story.

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                        Scary thought.

Spoiler:
                        j/k
                        Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                        CLONES!!!!
                        Originally posted by ames View Post
                        Sure! I mean, you can never have too much (many of?) Eh-T, IMO
                        Please send all clones home immediately, I could use the help.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

EH-T saw this photo on twitter and thought of you wearing the stripper shoes at AT6. maybe you could zoom around london and raise even more for S4K.

Comment

Mocha: That is the best thing I've seen this year. Thank you very, VERY much for sharing.

Now, where do we order one for Eh-T? I'll be passing the virtual hat...

Comment

175 days til AT6 Ripples!!
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I finally got my plane ticket to London! Not only did I get it much later than I had planned but I also got a great deal flying into London and out of Dusseldorf - and I have a tour planned for after the Paris adventure - somewhere in between I have to find time with my auntie & uncle - I'll have 8 days to recover when I get home, before I go back to work.
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X