No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw a great dane teenager today! He was sitting nicely while his owner was picking up his coffee, but then stayed sitting even when his owner walked off. He didn't move until the barista threw him his daily marshmallow. Part of me was all you can't give dogs sugar! But it turns out making him sit for a marshmallow was the first manners he learnt, before that he was just nuts. Now he is growing into a gentle giant.

You will get there

ETA: I just realised that the barista sometimes slips me marshmallows. Must be a good girl.
    Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

100 days til AT6 Ripples!!

OMG!! Tomorrow we enter the double digit zone!!!
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
        WOW!!!! being the new mom of a 130pound (9.3stone)16 month old has really been exhausting. he will pick up and play with anything and the 1st several days he pretty much stayed in my part of the house. now he's more comfortable and roaming the whole house so i'm constantly having to find him and see what he's gotten into lately. he's a very busy guy. he gets the "zoomies" at bedtime every night. nothing stops him. tried to block him with my cane but he just jumped over it. all i could do was stay out of his way or be sent flying.
        i have been walking him around the yard and he's learning. he knows how to sit and he can give his paw now. such a smart little guy. wanted to post a video but don't know how.
        sure hope i can get him settled down before AT6. will have to train[ATTACH=CONFIG]35116[/ATTACH] my neighbor how to deal with him before i can go. this is a real challenge. any tips on great dane crazy teenagers is welcome.
        He does seem to love his pillow! Mocha - you just need patience. He is in a loving home that is going to be his forever. The excitement hasn't worn off yet. When he realizes this is it, no more moving he will settle down some. He will be the large oversized companion you will love (even more than now!) He seems really bright and he is testing you just a little - typical kid! Reasure him, tell him this is his home forever, no more moving, no more going anywhere unless you are there with him. He'll understand eventually - and you will have the largest and most wonderful companion. Enjoy!
        sigpic

Comment

i just hope his energy level goes down some before he completely depletes mine.
          NEEP that person had the advantage of working with her teenager since he was a baby (most likely) Bubba has a lot of catching up to do. he never had any training whatsoever. which is really sad. he is such a sweet boy inspite of all the neglect. he wasn't mistreated so much as ignored i think. if he acted exactly this way but weighed 1/4th as much, it would be much easier. he's got till Nov. 1st to be a well behaved guy.

Comment

99 days til AT6 Ripples!!

We have officially hit the double digit zone!!!
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
              i just hope his energy level goes down some before he completely depletes mine.
              NEEP that person had the advantage of working with her teenager since he was a baby (most likely) Bubba has a lot of catching up to do. he never had any training whatsoever. which is really sad. he is such a sweet boy inspite of all the neglect. he wasn't mistreated so much as ignored i think. if he acted exactly this way but weighed 1/4th as much, it would be much easier. he's got till Nov. 1st to be a well behaved guy.
              I don't think the dog has been with them long actually- that's why they have had to bribe him with marshmallows to make him behave. Hopefully they can switch to dog treats or something better for him

I'm glad you have a dog trainer on your side, that should help heaps. Tell Bubba I say be good.
              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Note the new names assigned to us - I'm Eli Torch Runner: Sam & Fifth's Equestrian Rider!
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

98 days til AT6 Ripples!!
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

That number is getting small so fast!

Comment

I'll be in England on October 19th so the time is even shorter for me YEA!!!

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starsong101 View Post
                          I'll be in England on October 19th so the time is even shorter for me YEA!!!
                          Yup. I arrive on the 4th of September.

Comment

96 days til AT6 Ripples!!
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

77 days until Nepal

My granddad got my a down jacket for the trip This is so exciting.
                              Last edited by NZNeep; 04 August 2012, 11:56 PM.
                              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

OK, facebook page! I don't have everyone on facebook, so please feel free to send invites! http://www.facebook.com/events/43031...an_user_joined
                                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Working...
                                X