No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So it is the 28th where I am......sending more bday hugs Mumsey! Hope the kids are treating you to a nice day (hint, hint Becks)

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Happy Birthday Mumsey.
      sigpic

Comment

Hope it's lovely
        sigpic

Comment

(I made this years ago, but thought I would share it again)
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
            http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l52/SamJackShipLover/Posters/Birthday-Mumsey.jpg

Very nice!
            sigpic

Comment

Happy Birthday Mumsey!

Comment

WOW!! So much love for me today. Thank you so much. I had a fairly quiet day with phone calls from my little family, and when he got home from work, No 1 Son took me out for a meal, topped off with a Mc Flurry. I'm stuffed!!

Huggles to all.

Mumsey
                For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                  http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l52/SamJackShipLover/Posters/Birthday-Mumsey.jpg

Show off.

(That is lovely Lies)

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                  WOW!! So much love for me today. Thank you so much. I had a fairly quiet day with phone calls from my little family, and when he got home from work, No 1 Son took me out for a meal, topped off with a Mc Flurry. I'm stuffed!!

Huggles to all.

Mumsey
                  Much deserved love. Glad you had a good day and ice cream is always an excellent way to end a day! Must treat myself to some as well.....you know, in honour of your birthday. Yes, I would do that for you Mumsey. However, I first have to bike home through a major wind storm. Stuffing my backpack with whatever I can find for extra weight to keep me grounded!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Wait, they still make McFlurries in foreign? Rude!
                    Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

had a long interview/talk with adoptions co-ordinator for GD rescue today. unfortunately they don't have a dog that suits us right now. they have several with special needs like mega esophagus and deaf and seizures and some that are not kid or other dog friendly, one that is 5 yr old(we want a younger one to avoid going thru another loss too soon), one that doesn't like men and one that is blind in one eye. the last would have to walk on your right because of visual stuff and i kinda considered it but that's my cane side and would not be able to walk very easily with the dog and cane on the same side. because of our disabilities it would be too hard to take one with known medical problems, so i guess we wait. the thing is, i feel bad for the ones that have the special needs, and feel so guilty for not taking one of them, but with our physical limits, we probably wouldn't be what the dog really needs. financially it would be difficult too. but she said that they are getting 4-5 new dogs this weekend and she will contact me if she thinks one will be what we want. i'm so glad we have my furry nephew jack here for a week. we miss mocha so much and having jack here helps. i told mocha all my problems and he never judged me. he was always glad to see me and wanted to be where ever i was. i do better with dogs than with people and he was always there. people scare me, no dog has ever scared me. because i don't work, i'm alone most of the time and i always knew mocha would be there. i miss my friend and i want him back.
                      we have a lot of dog food and treats left from mocha. i want to donate it to the humane society where we got mocha, but i'm afraid that if i go there i might end up coming home with a car full of new furry friends. i guess i'll wait a while before i do that. i want to hold out for one great big furry friend that is big enough for me to give bear hugs to. got my crate ready and dog door ordered. now have to make a thing to put water + food bowels on that is raised. if it doesn't get a little cooler here, i'll just buy one. this heat is terrible. ready for winter.

Comment

the right furry friend will find you. this weekend is only a couple of days away so hang on. you are right not to take on a dog that might need more than you can physically give. you have to think of your own health too. Mocha had problems which you handled. I know when we lost Jade recently we had a choice of two dogs, a 6 year old GSD and Lady a GSD x. having just lost one at 7, we also couldn't bear an older dog. Sadly Lucy the older GSD is still awaiting her forever home. But we were the right home for lady. She had had severe seperation anxiety, her first owners had left her home alone all day locked in the kitchen because like most huskies, they get destructive when left. But My hubby works from home so she is rarely on her own and my husband walks her 50 miles a week... yes five-zero. The rescue centre (who we were known to) were thrilled we took her as she had already been out and back once. She is such a loving and affectionate dog. loves to be fussed and cuddled.

hang in there. your pony dog is waiting to find you.

Hugs Becks

Comment

Sending lots and lots of hugs to you, Mocha! Your furry child will find you soon.

And yes, the heat needs to just quit already. How hot did they say it was by you? Here I think it topped 106F with the heat index. Silly summer.

Comment

Mocha - Finding the right dog is hard and I know how much you wanted one. I went out the day after my mom died to replace a cat we had lost from old age. She was our favorite and I had to put her down the day before my mom's passing. I still had one that we got about 6 months before, but I like having 2.

I picked the saddest and loneliest looking cat they had because I felt sorry for her. And I know she is happy having my other cat around. But it has taken almost 5 years until she finally sits near enough to me to let me pet her. I don't regret getting her and she seems happy here, but I never got the lap cat that I really wanted.

My cats live for about 15 years so I'll me in my middle 70's before I can get another one and by then....well I probably won't get more pets. So showing patience at this time is probably the best thing you could have done. My other cat is very loving but cries if you pick her up so I guess I'll never be getting another lap cat. So get the one that fits your needs. He/she will love you just as much and you deserve "the right fit."
                            sigpic

Comment

thanks all. i hate feeling this down. i'm glad i am usually a more positive person. i just can't help but feel bad for all those special need dogs who may never get a forever home because of the amount of care they need. if the one was blind in the right eye instead of left, i could have taken her, but would probably find myself on the ground after my cane gets tangled in her long legs since she would have to walk on my right side which is my cane side. i'm all for instant gratification, but i have no choice but to wait till the right doggie comes along. hopefully the time will pass faster than it's passing waiting for AT6. time is dragging for that. AND, i'm sure getting my new best friend will make AT6 waiting time fly by. i'll be so busy trying to figure out the best way to deal with my giant doggie.

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                                I picked the saddest and loneliest looking cat they had because I felt sorry for her. And I know she is happy having my other cat around. But it has taken almost 5 years until she finally sits near enough to me to let me pet her. I don't regret getting her and she seems happy here, but I never got the lap cat that I really wanted.
                                It took me a couple of tries to learn, but I finally figured out that I need to read the paperwork before meeting the animals. When I got Rory, I must've looked through the health/behavior history papers for at least two dozen cats first. No matter how cute the photo was, it was easier to put a stack of papers into the "no" pile than to decide not to take home the ball of fur I was looking at. I don't regret that at all. It's how I happen to have two cats that are healthy enough (RIP diabetic Vala) that my aunt is able to care for them when I leave for grad school in September.

It's hard to be logical about the adorable furry things, but it's the right thing for the critters, too, to get matched up with a home where they won't be a cause of stress. Who wants to go through life knowing that you make the people you live with stressed out and unhappy? Not a good solution.

Comment

Working...
                                X