GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]34644[/ATTACH] EH-T saw this photo on twitter and thought of you wearing the stripper shoes at AT6. maybe you could zoom around london and raise even more for S4K.
    Originally posted by Trindajae View Post
    Mocha: That is the best thing I've seen this year. Thank you very, VERY much for sharing.

Now, where do we order one for Eh-T? I'll be passing the virtual hat...
    No need to order one, that is the new car I bought last year. Bit chilly in the winter though.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
      I finally got my plane ticket to London! Not only did I get it much later than I had planned but I also got a great deal flying into London and out of Dusseldorf - and I have a tour planned for after the Paris adventure - somewhere in between I have to find time with my auntie & uncle - I'll have 8 days to recover when I get home, before I go back to work.
      Oooo! How exciting! It's all coming together.

Huggles

Mumsey
      For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Ugh! I haven't really even thought of tickets yet. Guess I had better it is coming up fast

Comment

Just got an email back from Haggis Adventures ... they run daily excursions to Loch Ness from Edinburgh daily all year round (as well as longer trips that include the Isle of Skye) ... *is tempted*

Gah I wish I could get my scheduling figured out - budgets would be nice too! Gargh! So much to do, so little time/money with which to juggle! *goes back to quietly plotting in my lil corner*
          ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
          ames on facebook
          ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

i really wish i would feel confident driving in the other side of the road. i would love to rent an accessible vehicle and just drive anywhere i wanted for several days. i'd probably find a way to take more time so i could see more places. i used to take my vacation time in one lump-about 28-30 days and drive all over the new england states and into the maritime provinces of canada. i loved it. go anywhere the car could go and stop to take photos anywhere i wanted . i loved my trips. i used to get so depressed the last day, before i had to go home and back to work.

my last road trip was a month and took mom and dog to vancouver where i met amanda for the 1st time. dog almost died on vancouver island and mom was a pain some times, but i loved it(not as much as going solo) we put on about 7000 miles. ok, that was a trip down memory lane. but it would be so nice to drive around the uk instead of figuring which trains and buses will take my scooter.

Comment

oh, almost forgot, that poll the magazine was doing for which show we would like to see return, is still taking votes and sanctuary is ahead by like 2000 votes. i wonder how long they will let it go on.

Comment

i really wish i would feel confident driving in the other side of the road. i would love to rent an accessible vehicle and just drive anywhere i wanted for several days. i'd probably find a way to take more time so i could see more places. i used to take my vacation time in one lump-about 28-30 days and drive all over the new england states and into the maritime provinces of canada. i loved it. go anywhere the car could go and stop to take photos anywhere i wanted . i loved my trips. i used to get so depressed the last day, before i had to go home and back to work.

my last road trip was a month and took mom and dog to vancouver where i met amanda for the 1st time. dog almost died on vancouver island and mom was a pain some times, but i loved it(not as much as going solo) we put on about 7000 miles. ok, that was a trip down memory lane. but it would be so nice to drive around the uk instead of figuring which trains and buses will take my scooter.
                Mocha - driving on the opposite side of the road really isn't that hard. Once I flew into Edinburgh and didn't rent the car until I left that town. Most everywhere else is country roads or smaller towns - no speeding required - and whenever you turn just remind yourself - left is close and right it far! I really wasn't that bad and when I got back to London I turned the car in just outside the airport. Then just take the train (or a taxi) into London.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
                  Just got an email back from Haggis Adventures ... they run daily excursions to Loch Ness from Edinburgh daily all year round (as well as longer trips that include the Isle of Skye) ... *is tempted*

Gah I wish I could get my scheduling figured out - budgets would be nice too! Gargh! So much to do, so little time/money with which to juggle! *goes back to quietly plotting in my lil corner*

Best. name. ever.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                    Best. name. ever.
                    True, that ^^
                    They're also super fun tourguides ... a little wonked ... think WestJet, but with bright yellow tour busses
                    ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                    ames on facebook
                    ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

If you have some spare minutes, have a little listen to this:

http://www.womenspeak.com/sharing-st...mpowers-women/

Comment

Originally posted by MayoGate View Post

very interesting, but it seemed like that other woman kept stepping on julia when she was trying to make a point. seems like she was not always able to complete the ideas she was trying to express. i haven't read the book yet, i was waiting for it to come out as a movie. seriously, i did finally get the book and have started reading it. i'm just a little behind the rest of the world. so far, so good. wish i had bought it sooner. after i finish it i would like to pass it on to someone i know who has a daughter. in fact she has a newly adopted daughter who has no hands. so this may be an extra little help to her. well done julia.

Comment

very interesting, but it seemed like that other woman kept stepping on julia when she was trying to make a point. seems like she was not always able to complete the ideas she was trying to express. i haven't read the book yet, i was waiting for it to come out as a movie. seriously, i did finally get the book and have started reading it. i'm just a little behind the rest of the world. so far, so good. wish i had bought it sooner. after i finish it i would like to pass it on to someone i know who has a daughter. in fact she has a newly adopted daughter who has no hands. so this may be an extra little help to her. well done julia.
                          To be honest, I didn't listen much past the first 7 minutes of wondering if Julia was ever going to be allowed to get a whole sentence out What a rude woman

Comment

Originally posted by starsong101 View Post
                            Ugh! I haven't really even thought of tickets yet. Guess I had better it is coming up fast
                            I got mine last week when Air Canada ran a sale that cut my cost by about $200. Of course, I'm arriving in September for grad school. It's starting to feel frighteningly close. Bought air fare last week, finished writing my letter of resignation for my job less than an hour ago, friend who is helping me move is buying her ticket this week....

YES, that's right. I have the best friends ever. I'm moving 5,000 miles away to a different country and I have a friend who is willing to help me carry my stuff. She's hanging out with me for a week before the term starts and then another two weeks when her parents fly into England because she convinced them they'd like to join her for some touristing.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                              To be honest, I didn't listen much past the first 7 minutes of wondering if Julia was ever going to be allowed to get a whole sentence out What a rude woman
                              Aww try and listen to all of it - it's interesting.

Have to bear in mind that it was an across the pond conferencing system they used - time lag meant there were a few interruptions from both sides. Not ideal, but J did enjoy, liked the Dr Nancy lady, and obv. loved talking about all her favourite things: scifi, women, women in scifi, sanctuary for kids... She even mentions that Tapping woman too;-)

Comment

Originally posted by MayoGate View Post
                                I love Julias confidence & strength in this interview - she's amazing. I can't speak highly enough of her.
                                Thank you for sahring this.
                                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X