GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
    as much fun as that would be to see someone open it...amanda would be the 1st-she always demos how to open it during the auction. however, i do own a carving glove(handed down from my dad) and plan to use it whilst carving. we'll do a finger count on arrival. although it would almost be worth losing a finger to witness the ludite EH-T trying to film it and put it on youtube herself.
    Ummm....happy to demonstrate my ludditeness for you anytime without the need for you to forego any digits.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
      Hello, I'm not sure if I've ask here, but, I'd like to arrive in London on Nov 5th so I can go touring with a friend, but I'm not sure if I can book the Gabit hotel for that date or not, and if I can, if I can stay there at the price I paid for the AT6 weekend.

If I arrive a few days early, can I stay at the Gabit hotel for the price I paid for, or do I have to pay more? More I know, the more I know, the better so I can make the proper arrangements.
      We have negotiated a reduced rate for a certain amount of rooms from the Wednesday to Monday, any bookings before or after are at the normal hotel rate. Also there are only a certain amount of rooms reserved at the reduced rate

Comment

Attention Canadian fans! Canada AM is running a contest that includes airfare and accomodation in London. The time in which you have to take the trip covers the period of AT6 so go and enter. That includes those who don't have tickets to AT6. If you win you can get on the waiting list and even if you don't get a ticket you can still hang out in the lobby. Good luck to all.

Comment

thought i'd show a "before" photo of AT6 puzzle box. please note that all fingers are present.they need some lotion, but they are there.

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]34455[/ATTACH] thought i'd show a "before" photo of AT6 puzzle box. please note that all fingers are present.they need some lotion, but they are there.
            Can't see them all but will take your word for it.
            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Just because.

http://www.inspirationalwomenconnect...onth-may-2012/

Comment

Originally posted by MayoGate View Post
                Absolutely awesome! Julia is indeed inspiring, glad the magazine has discovered what we knew all along. Hope many others will see this article and join this ever-growing club of people inspired by Julia. (PIBJ--hmmm need a better acronym than that).

Comment

Wonderful article - thanks for posting the link.
                  sigpic

Comment

did everyone here fall asleep? no posts for 3 days-i'm bored.
                    the garitry has a meeting this weekend and claim they have come up with some fantastic things for AT6 which is 187days, 15 hrs, 25 min + 33 sec from now

Comment

Guys, I have an idea! You know how sometimes you really want to help but don't quite know how to do it? When I'm in the Nepal Orphans Home in October I plan to have a snoop in the store room and report here what items of clothing they may be running low on (sizes, that sort of thing).That will give everyone a month to gather a few things to bring to AT6 if they want, and I will take them back to Nepal with me.

Would anyone be interested?
                      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

187 days til AT6 Ripples!!
                        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                          Guys, I have an idea! You know how sometimes you really want to help but don't quite know how to do it? When I'm in the Nepal Orphans Home in October I plan to have a snoop in the store room and report here what items of clothing they may be running low on (sizes, that sort of thing).That will give everyone a month to gather a few things to bring to AT6 if they want, and I will take them back to Nepal with me.

Would anyone be interested?
                          They already post a list online of the particular items they want at any given time.

Comment

Originally posted by MayoGate View Post
                            They already post a list online of the particular items they want at any given time.
                            Do you have a linky to that list mayo? Thank you. xo
                            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Mocha - sometimes RL gets in the way of fun On the upside, yay for GABITry plottings!

Neep - sounds like a very cool idea

Good news: my holidays have been approved, plus my boss assured me that if I get a better deal for flights by shifting it slightly, that won't be a problem Yay!! *does happy dance of joyjoy*

Now to figure out readjusted budgets (thanks mostly to savings snafu, receiving less on my tax return than expected, and my bank thanking me for being a loyal and valued customer by increasing the interest rate on my LOC by 3.5% *headdesk*) and pray for applicable seatsales... *fingers x'd*

But overall life is nowhere near as bad or even uncomfortable as it could be, so we'll go with it's all good Hope y'all are having a good Sunday (it's only 3am here, so my clock assures me that it's still Sunday in AU/NZ at this point - go me!)
                              ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                              ames on facebook
                              ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                                Do you have a linky to that list mayo? Thank you. xo
                                Here you go: http://www.nepalorphanshome.org/wish_list.asp
                                ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                                ames on facebook
                                ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Working...
                                X