GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
    boy it's been quiet here for the last 2 days. life has not been fun here for a couple weeks. my mom's elec. wheelchair is broken. that means she is stuck in bed and i am the do this, do that person. not having fun. i just have to remember that in 216 days, 14 hours, 30 min + 24 sec. i will be at the cocktail party. just keep counting.
    FINALLY...got mom's electric wheelchair back. about 4 weeks of torture is finally over...i'm free again!!!!!!

and now that i'm free, i'm sick. it's just a cold in my head and chest. had a routine doc. appt today. she didn't like the way i was wheezing. i thought i was wheezing really good-very musical, etc. so now i'm on an antibiotic, an inhaler and steroids. i can deal with the antibiotics - just one a day. but the inhaler is one of those that they warn you about in the commercials that can cause cancer, breathing problems, suicidal tendencies and death. and the steroids...i'm afraid that if i work out while taking them that i'll get all bulky and muscular. and if they make scootering an olympic sport in england this year i'll fail my urine drug screen and get kicked out of the competition. i've really got my heart set on the gold medal. i know i can do it. it's just a cold for pete's sake. doctors! just because they go thru all those years of medical training, they think they know it all. it's just a cold. and my poor nose...it's so red and sore-i look like rudolph. ya think she'd give me something for that? NO! it's just a cold.

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
      Chelle - sorry to hear about the potential wonkiness of work situation. I take it needing a formal police background check is a new thing? If so, they should have informed you of this new requirement with ample time to get the funds together to have the check done ... at least over here, it's definitely NOT free! (Spoken as someone who's had many of them done...ah the joys of working with children )

Eh-T - very sorry to hear work is no longer a happy place for you! *hugs* I'm certain you will land on your feet though - you just strike me as that type of woman! As to the crow thing, do I get a quarter for bringing it up? As to the previous conversation ... after I put up my post, it dawned on my that you were likely continuing a conversation from before - or on a new anti-crow bent ... in my defense, my brain gets a wee bit scrambled over the weekend (try cramming a week of work into three days, plus sleep/church/sunday school/youth group/family stuff, as well as fighting a bug, and see how well your brain functions come Monday, TBF, but I digress...)

*hugs* to chelle and Eh-T ... and anyone else who needs/wants them!
      Thank you ames. xo
      I didn't even see the reference to the crows - whoops. I guess when I think of crows it's coz I was told they usually appear when someone is going to die - scary thought when you have one calling out to you...yes, happened just a few days ago - scary little bugger.
      As for the police check, it is mandatory that anyone working with the elderly or children - be it in a paid position or volunteering, (my hubby needed a working with childrens certificate coz he was working on a job in a school) so I got notice last month that it was up for renewal (every 2 years) but this is the first time we have been told it would take 6-8 weeks to be processed and if it's late not even a statutory declaration is accepted to explain why they haven't recieved the certificate by the due date. Having gone online to obtain the cert, which is the ONLY way you can do it, they stated that it takes 10 days...I think work is using scare tactics to get people to get the certs early...not funny when you're told your job will be terminated if you don't get it in on time.

EH-T - I hope you don't feel as affected as I do when things at work are not going as planned or as one would hope.
      Sorry to hear the firm is breaking up - I hope all will be ok for you though. xo

Easter 2011 was the final straw for me so now I keep a personl record of things that happen & get said & take pictures as a back up - not a nice situation to be working in when you can't feel comfortable around your own workmates.

Thankfully I have a wonderful weekend to look forward to in November - worth working in the dungeon for!!
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Argh. In my old job we got in the habit of printing or taking a screen capture of the roster as soon as it came out so we had proof if they tried to change it on us. They would deny it only to say it must have been a "computer hiccup" when we pulled out the proof. Same thing for leave that had been approved. Suck.

Eh-T, I hope you find something even better.
        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Hiii. *waves*

So, um, I would like to profusely thank whoever it was that linked to the Virgin Atlantic contest for the free plane tickets to London.

I won.

Come play with me elsewhere, too!: Twitter | Tumblr | LJ | Goodreads

Comment

Originally posted by shinaynay View Post
            Hiii. *waves*
            So, um, I would like to profusely thank whoever it was that linked to the Virgin Atlantic contest for the free plane tickets to London.
            I won.
            Congratulations! That great!
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Hiii. *waves*

I won.

Oh wow, that's awesome!
              It's so nice to hear when a contest goes to someone you actually know ... well ... will know in the nearish future, say early November? LOL
              ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
              ames on facebook
              ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Hiii. *waves*

I won.

Already told you this on Twitter but...

Wahoo!

Don't forget about the line.

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
                  Chelle - sorry to hear about the potential wonkiness of work situation. I take it needing a formal police background check is a new thing? If so, they should have informed you of this new requirement with ample time to get the funds together to have the check done ... at least over here, it's definitely NOT free! (Spoken as someone who's had many of them done...ah the joys of working with children )

Eh-T - very sorry to hear work is no longer a happy place for you! *hugs* I'm certain you will land on your feet though - you just strike me as that type of woman! As to the crow thing, do I get a quarter for bringing it up? As to the previous conversation ... after I put up my post, it dawned on my that you were likely continuing a conversation from before - or on a new anti-crow bent ... in my defense, my brain gets a wee bit scrambled over the weekend (try cramming a week of work into three days, plus sleep/church/sunday school/youth group/family stuff, as well as fighting a bug, and see how well your brain functions come Monday, TBF, but I digress...)

*hugs* to chelle and Eh-T ... and anyone else who needs/wants them!
                  Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                  Thank you ames. xo
                  I didn't even see the reference to the crows - whoops. I guess when I think of crows it's coz I was told they usually appear when someone is going to die - scary thought when you have one calling out to you...yes, happened just a few days ago - scary little bugger.
                  As for the police check, it is mandatory that anyone working with the elderly or children - be it in a paid position or volunteering, (my hubby needed a working with childrens certificate coz he was working on a job in a school) so I got notice last month that it was up for renewal (every 2 years) but this is the first time we have been told it would take 6-8 weeks to be processed and if it's late not even a statutory declaration is accepted to explain why they haven't recieved the certificate by the due date. Having gone online to obtain the cert, which is the ONLY way you can do it, they stated that it takes 10 days...I think work is using scare tactics to get people to get the certs early...not funny when you're told your job will be terminated if you don't get it in on time.

EH-T - I hope you don't feel as affected as I do when things at work are not going as planned or as one would hope.
                  Sorry to hear the firm is breaking up - I hope all will be ok for you though. xo

Easter 2011 was the final straw for me so now I keep a personl record of things that happen & get said & take pictures as a back up - not a nice situation to be working in when you can't feel comfortable around your own workmates.

Thankfully I have a wonderful weekend to look forward to in November - worth working in the dungeon for!!
                  Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                  Argh. In my old job we got in the habit of printing or taking a screen capture of the roster as soon as it came out so we had proof if they tried to change it on us. They would deny it only to say it must have been a "computer hiccup" when we pulled out the proof. Same thing for leave that had been approved. Suck.

Eh-T, I hope you find something even better.
                  Hiii. *waves*

I won.

Thanks, appreciate the support. This month is my 25th anniversary with the firm but, sadly, no celebrating going on. Not concerned about me, my clients will track me down wherever I am but I will miss (most of) the people I won't be working with anymore. Feel for the staff who are being split up after working together for many years. It has and will create a huge amount of extra work which is tough to do when I already work 7 days a week. Also, it may end up costing a lot of money which then impacts on my ability to contribute to good causes, AT6 among them.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

(((eh-t)))

*Dang GW wont allow for capitals...sorry.
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                      Thanks, appreciate the support. This month is my 25th anniversary with the firm but, sadly, no celebrating going on. Not concerned about me, my clients will track me down wherever I am but I will miss (most of) the people I won't be working with anymore. Feel for the staff who are being split up after working together for many years. It has and will create a huge amount of extra work which is tough to do when I already work 7 days a week. Also, it may end up costing a lot of money which then impacts on my ability to contribute to good causes, AT6 among them.
                      *big hugs*
                      sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Just met Teryl at cocktail party. Amazing meeting her but very awkward. She kept one eye on her watch and left as soon as she could. Hopefully rest of weekend will be better, especially brunch.
                        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Oh Eh-T. Hugs.
                          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Hiii. *waves*

I won.

My apologies. I quoted you on my last post and then didn't respond.

That is awesome, congrats!

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                            (((eh-t)))

*Dang GW wont allow for capitals...sorry.
                            Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                            *big hugs*
                            Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                            Oh Eh-T. Hugs.
                            Thanks for the hugs, much appreciated.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Hey Neep that doesn't sound like Teryl she is usually very respectful of fans. I wonder if she had Loundon with her and needed to get back to her or if there was something else going on that distracted her. A thought.

So what convention is this? Who else is suppose to be there?

Comment

Originally posted by starsong101 View Post
                                Hey Neep that doesn't sound like Teryl she is usually very respectful of fans. I wonder if she had Loundon with her and needed to get back to her or if there was something else going on that distracted her. A thought.
                                So what convention is this? Who else is suppose to be there?
                                I was thinking the same thing - maybe she wanted to get back to her little girl or maybe she was just plain tuckered out.

Neep is attending Armageddon in Wellington NZ...and Paul McGillion is also there...
                                Just googled it - they also have Julia McNiven, Bronson Pelletier, Tinsel Korey, John Levene & Conan Stevens.
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X