• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MayoGate View Post
    I've got stripper music.
    Just saying.
    Do I dare ask?

Of course I dare...why does Mayo have stripper music???

I love the idea of wearing the shirts for the last talk - I'll bet even some of the Hearing Dogs peeps would do it to - it's gonna be a sea of Ripple shirts!
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
      I can play stripper music.
      On what instrument? *please don't say the bagpipes*
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

253 days til AT6 Ripples!
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
          Uh oh, I am not following the Gabit way. ME! I'm the good child......toddles off hanging head in shame...
          It's the WooHoo effect

Comment

Oh...my...
            I go away to work for a day, and return to Eh-T (of all people!!! *shocked*) suggesting a group strip session for Amanda? *blinks rapidly*

...don't get me wrong, I think it's a smashing idea.
            (No, I did NOT just suggest smashing things. I'd like to remain invited to said events if at all possible )

Mayo, you must know that if you suggest something like that, Becks will now be able to legitimately run with it all the while claiming it wasn't her idea/fault, you do realise this, right??

Tsaxlady - yes, stripper music is highly effective when played on a t-sax. I say go for it!

Eh-T: I think we need a new form of punishment for you, as I doubt the import/effectiveness of badging one's self. That suggestion (while highly amusing and likely prophetic) was NOT the GABIT way!!! *tsks*

I agree letting people know beforehand would be highly helpful, as not everyone will have the funds and/or space to purchase more clothing, and some will already have S4K apparel they could bring along for the ride ... on the other hand, setting up an impact event like this will likely bring in more revenue, as some attendees who might not have purchased a wearable item will be more likely to do so, IMO.

*giggles whilst imagining Amanda's face at the point of realising the random seeming audio is actually stripper music ... and then realising the majority of the attendees are beginning to remove layers*
            (No point in imagining Julia's face as I'm sure she'll be off hidden (cringing?) to the side seating area at the time...fully knowing what is about to happen, partially dreading it but most strangely looking forward to it ... yeah LOL)

...can we stand up and dance whilst *coughs* removing layers?
            There will be music, afterall.... *adjusts halo*
            ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
            ames on facebook
            ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

OOh - maybe we could set a new record for the biggest strip at a convention? Just a thought.
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

If the aim is for a 'ripple' or 'wave' and the first gen shirts are blue.....what about a 'blue' dress code? as in for the time to be doing the 'big reveal' either wear the logo'd clothing or those that don't have any or can't afford any can just wear blue that day.....and make the visual of rippling water???
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  If the aim is for a 'ripple' or 'wave' and the first gen shirts are blue.....what about a 'blue' dress code? as in for the time to be doing the 'big reveal' either wear the logo'd clothing or those that don't have any or can't afford any can just wear blue that day.....and make the visual of rippling water???
                  Interesting concept - still think they should post the color of the older shirt and the new one...show a picture here and elsewhere then at least people could try and match it!

So Cags - did you sign up for the waiting list yet!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                    Oh, so much to comment on. First about the shirts. Once you decide on what we are doing and the correct color, could you post a picture for those unable to buy one. They might have something in their closet that would match. And wouldn't it be cool if everyone had a jacket or sweater or something on and the whole audience removes the over garment at one time! OH YEAH!

Now, Mayo - if you don't want to be on probation for the next 20 years you have to curtail the comments (at least make sure that Julia and Becky doesn't see them!

And as for Eh-T - Somehow I knew underneath that facade the real you would come out....stripper music no less!

Hmmm! Becky- sounds like a little conspiracy going on here! Luv it!
                    I guess my reputation is blown.

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                    Eh-T, what is your shoe size? No reason.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33966[/ATTACH]

(click to make big)
                    That's quite enough of that! (I'm guessing it is going to be a bit tougher to get any effectiveness out of the badge now--people will just say "stripper music" and walk away laughing)

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                    Uh huh. Riiiiight. We all know the truth.
                    This is why I never wanted my picture on the internet.

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                    It's the WooHoo effect
                    It probably is.

Originally posted by ames View Post
                    Oh...my...
                    I go away to work for a day, and return to Eh-T (of all people!!! *shocked*) suggesting a group strip session for Amanda? *blinks rapidly*

..don't get me wrong, I think it's a smashing idea.
                    (No, I did NOT just suggest smashing things. I'd like to remain invited to said events if at all possible )

Mayo, you must know that if you suggest something like that, Becks will now be able to legitimately run with it all the while claiming it wasn't her idea/fault, you do realise this, right??

Tsaxlady - yes, stripper music is highly effective when played on a t-sax. I say go for it!

Eh-T: I think we need a new form of punishment for you, as I doubt the import/effectiveness of badging one's self. That suggestion (while highly amusing and likely prophetic) was NOT the GABIT way!!! *tsks*

I agree letting people know beforehand would be highly helpful, as not everyone will have the funds and/or space to purchase more clothing, and some will already have S4K apparel they could bring along for the ride ... on the other hand, setting up an impact event like this will likely bring in more revenue, as some attendees who might not have purchased a wearable item will be more likely to do so, IMO.

*giggles whilst imagining Amanda's face at the point of realising the random seeming audio is actually stripper music ... and then realising the majority of the attendees are beginning to remove layers*
                    (No point in imagining Julia's face as I'm sure she'll be off hidden (cringing?) to the side seating area at the time...fully knowing what is about to happen, partially dreading it but most strangely looking forward to it ... yeah LOL)

...can we stand up and dance whilst *coughs* removing layers?
                    There will be music, afterall.... *adjusts halo*
                    My suggestion was to take off one shirt while having the other underneath...very innocent really.

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                    OOh - maybe we could set a new record for the biggest strip at a convention? Just a thought.
                    Good grief, what have I started?

Although part of the idea would be to sell as many new shirts as possible. As those are black (from what I understand) it should probably be a black theme. Those who have the blue ones and don't wish to purchase new ones could be the flotsam and jetsam.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                      I guess my reputation is blown.
                      - and this surprises you after the "stripper" statement!

Originally posted by Eh-T
                      That's quite enough of that! (I'm guessing it is going to be a bit tougher to get any effectiveness out of the badge now--people will just say "stripper music" and walk away laughing)
                      - why do you act surprised...you now the rules Now wait - are there any rules!

My suggestion was to take off one shirt while having the other underneath...very innocent really. Good grief, what have I started?.
                      Now that's quite enough of that!

Although part of the idea would be to sell as many new shirts as possible. As those are black (from what I understand) it should probably be a black theme. Those who have the blue ones and don't wish to purchase new ones could be the flotsam and jetsam.
                      Well I don't mind being some jetsam - but I refuse to be flotsam!
                      sigpic

Comment

So, purely hypothetical question.

If I were to say that I'd pay good money to see Eh-T in the shoes... that would be badge-worthy?

Comment

If I were to say that I'd pay good money to see Eh-T in the shoes... that would be badge-worthy?
                          I'm going to guess yes. But I'm with you.
                          sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Great idea - would be very effective. And would certainly make it easy to decide what to wear.
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                              I like your thinking Mayo.
                              Do those shoes actually have a slot in the sole so we can put real money in them? That would be interesting to see how we put our money into EH-T's stripper shoes. ...one coin at a time.
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Yes, and just to prove it THAT'S QUITE ENOUGH OF THAT!

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                                Do NOT encourage the children!

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                                I like your thinking Mayo.
                                Do those shoes actually have a slot in the sole so we can put real money in them? That would be interesting to see how we put our money into EH-T's stripper shoes. ...one coin at a time.
                                While I normally love it when people give me money, I'm thinking NOT!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Working...
                                X