GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
    Those look more like our Refreshers, which are fizzy sweets - Smarties are chocolate

Congrats to GABIT and everyone that attended Chevron 7.8 last week-end - a massive $8,800 (about) was raised for S4K and a thoroughly good time was had by all
    That is wonderful! Gabit--have fundraisers, will travel. Congrats to Gabit and all the contributors.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
      That is wonderful! Gabit--have fundraisers, will travel. Congrats to Gabit and all the contributors.
      And they always make it such fun!

Comment

And they always make it such fun!
        When you're right - your are right!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
          I use to work at a company that had a lot of government contracts, in fact I worked at two such places. Anyhow, there was always a veteran outside the place selling poppies. Then you would proudly wear it on your badge! By the way, does anyone know the significance of the poppy? Obviously it is world wide!

Um, no, it's not but that is probably because my country was on *the other side* in both World Wars.

November 11, at 11:11 am, we celebrate the start of the *fifth season* in my hometown. It ends about 3 months later in a week long celebration, people wear costumes, have parades where they throw candy and flowers at the crowds.
          Oh, yeah, and they drink a lot as well which leads to *other* things.

So, no poppies here and if you compare both traditions then I think something is seriously messed up with my country but I guess we all knew that.

Comment

No poppies here either.
            sigpic

Comment

The GABIT folks at Chevron 7.8 were lovely and said I can share this pic with you:

We bumped into this guy too!

Ack, I don't have tickets to AT6 and now I want to go.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                Hey Cags:
                You can get on the waiting list on the Gabit site if you want to take a chance. It is still a long ways off and you might have a chance, I have no idea! *Huggles* for you and Ben!
                sigpic

Comment

I would make a baby and bring it with me but I don't have time. Sorry!
                  Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Just popping in to say that I have put up 4 pics of Amanda from Chevron 7.8 on her Thunk Thread and more will be going up today...still waiting for hubby's which were taken with a far bigger zoom than I've got - men always have to go one bigger don't they?..... but when I get them I'll sort out the best and stick those up too.....all I ask with those is if anyone uses them elsewhere could they thank him (I'll stick his name up when I post?) ...thanks...

Oh and I might have some of Amanda and Robin's talk today too, which I'll put on the relevant Sanctuary threads...

We all had a blast and it was lovely to see them......I also got the opportunity to see them as they left yesterday morning and wished them safe travels and a big thank you from us for a wonderful weekend!....

Oh and Robin also has a full working idea of my "colourful" language as he was in the room next to me and caught me in mid-flow of cursing up a blue streak as my room key failed and I couldn't get into my room....

Deeds xx
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                    MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Deeds, I doubt anything you could say wood shock Robin

From Twitter:

Julia Hague:

All monies just banked means a grand total of £9000 from the weekend for @sanctuary4kids. I bow to the generosity of @amandatapping fans xo

Aweseome!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                        The GABIT folks at Chevron 7.8 were lovely and said I can share this pic with you:

Nice pics.

Originally posted by llp View Post
                        Hey Cags:
                        You can get on the waiting list on the Gabit site if you want to take a chance. It is still a long ways off and you might have a chance, I have no idea! *Huggles* for you and Ben!
                        What she said.

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                        I would make a baby and bring it with me but I don't have time. Sorry!
                        Wha???? Note to Neep: going to a con is not a sufficient reason to have a baby.

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
                        Just popping in to say that I have put up 4 pics of Amanda from Chevron 7.8 on her Thunk Thread and more will be going up today...still waiting for hubby's which were taken with a far bigger zoom than I've got - men always have to go one bigger don't they?..... but when I get them I'll sort out the best and stick those up too.....all I ask with those is if anyone uses them elsewhere could they thank him (I'll stick his name up when I post?) ...thanks...

Oh and I might have some of Amanda and Robin's talk today too, which I'll put on the relevant Sanctuary threads...

We all had a blast and it was lovely to see them......I also got the opportunity to see them as they left yesterday morning and wished them safe travels and a big thank you from us for a wonderful weekend!....

Oh and Robin also has a full working idea of my "colourful" language as he was in the room next to me and caught me in mid-flow of cursing up a blue streak as my room key failed and I couldn't get into my room....

Deeds xx
                        LOL! May have to show you the badge next time I see you!

Thanks for posting the photos. Loved the one of AT modelling the jacket. I think that is the jacket I bought before, been wondering what happened to it. wonder if it was Claire that bought it.

From Twitter:

Julia Hague:

All monies just banked means a grand total of £9000 from the weekend for @sanctuary4kids. I bow to the generosity of @amandatapping fans xo

Aweseome!!!!!
                        Ditto on the awesome!

Comment

Nope, it wasn't Claire that got the jacket - she got Robin's shirt and Magnus' blouse

Comment

Nope, it wasn't Claire that got the jacket - she got Robin's shirt and Magnus' blouse
                            Ah, that makes more sense-costumes. The jacket was not a costume, I think it was a cast/crew gift or something. Wonder if the costumes will re-appear at AT6. You know, these auctions are very green---a lot of recycling goes on!

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                              Ah, that makes more sense-costumes. The jacket was not a costume, I think it was a cast/crew gift or something. Wonder if the costumes will re-appear at AT6. You know, these auctions are very green---a lot of recycling goes on!
                              Very green indeed

I think it was the jacket you had - Amanda said it had been auctioned before and donated back - signed by the SG-1 team if I remember correctly (which I may not have, considering how much wine was consumed and how little sleep I got )

Comment

Trust me, after that last panel I can never think of bike riding, light sabres, small boys climbing trees and John F Kennedy in the same way again....who would have thought that fine upstanding bad guy Harry Maybourne had such a filthy sense of humour?...

There's a few more gone up this afternoon, including the signed denim jacket which did go for around £900

Deeds xx
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                                MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Working...
                                X